PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Petrino - He'll Top Her

SalsaKat
12-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Oh sorry, that should say Bobby Petrino - Hilltopper. Petrino tabbed by WKU.

Honestly unsurprising to me. I thought the only way he'd get back into coaching was at a smaller school that felt the risk of liability was worth the potential boost to the program. Though I'm a little surprised it wasn't a program more down on their luck than Western. Their star has been rising fast lately.

Darrell KSR
12-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Saw one of the former WKU players unhappy, saying it just means they'll have to find another coach in 3 years.

As a Sun Belt school alumnus, that's just the way it works. If you find someone who is successful, they're not going to stick around. "My" school is probably the worst in the nation at it, paying this year the head coach only $250k, but even at "big little school" La. Tech, you don't get close to $1 million. Same for WKU, I suspect. That kind of money won't keep a successful coach there, so might as well go rent a coach for 2-3 years and try to maximize your value. Wouldn't you rather do that than to have a long-term 5-7, 6-6 type coach anyway?

Catfan73
12-11-2012, 01:36 PM
I think it's one thing to hire a coach knowing they probably won't still be there in 2 or 3 years but another thing altogether to hire a guy whose track record is to leave shambles everywhere he's been. I think they'll live to regret it.