PDA

View Full Version : I’m getting closer!!

uklandrn
02-07-2018, 03:00 AM
This was posted today on Facebook by the Eastern Kentucky University College of Nursing.

Congratulations to our OUTSTANDING graduate, Niki Robinson, Class of 2018!

Hi - I’m Niki Robinson. I am originally from Morehead, Kentucky and am currently back living in Morehead after over 27 years living across the country in Montana, California, Idaho, and Seattle. I am hoping to practice in a primary care clinic after graduation - but as of right now I am not sure where that will be. I am currently married to my 2nd husband Doug (my first husband passed away from leukemia in 2003). I have one biological child - Alec Whisman - who is 25; and 3 bonus children Janna, - 23; Atticus 21, and Decklan Robinson 16. I also have 4 dogs - Clyde, Sammy, Macy, and Avery. I love reading, animals, and sports - especially my beloved Kentucky Wildcats!! GO BIG BLUE!
There are so many people to thank that have helped me along this journey to graduation. First and foremost - my husband Doug. I could never have done this without you. My mother BJ and sister Becky - thank you for keeping me sane when things got tough. Peter Giancola - without your help my research class would have been impossible. Jennifer Batten - you are the greatest phone a friend ever and I can never thank you enough. My preceptors - Denise Gore; Chris Vickrey; Diana Rose; and Scott Seitz - Thank you for taking time away from your busy lives and schedules to mentor me. I can never ever repay your kindness and expertise. Dr. Lorrie Thompson - thank you for believing in me when I didn’t believe in my self. Thank you for always greeting me with a smile and a kind word. Thank you for support. I would never have made it without you. To everyone of my Facebook friends who have encouraged me along the way - especially Maura Rudy Kilgore - thank you. And finally - to 5 people who are no longer with me - Ron Whisman, Dorothy Conley, Lloyd Jones, Lella Mae Jones and Bob Jones. Ron - thank you for helping me through every day of my undergrad degree - I miss you more than you will ever know. Memaw , Granny and Grandad - I hope that I have made you proud. Dad - you told me 3 years ago your dream for me was to finish my FNP. You didn’t live to see me do it but I hope you are happy and smiling down on me. I love all of you.
The EKU FNP program has been a challenging experience. I recommend it to anyone who is considering going back to further their nursing education. I appreciate every professor and instructor I have had the opportunity to work with and I will never forget how helpful each of you have been throughout my journey.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180207/57b03fd9b4bb78d7d9ea8d77bce09707.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uklandrn
02-07-2018, 03:02 AM
Today is the one year anniversary of my dad’s death. I do hope he is proud.

badrose
02-07-2018, 10:25 AM
I think I speak for all of us here that we're all proud of you, Niki.

KSRdallen
02-07-2018, 01:46 PM
I think I speak for all of us here that we're all proud of you, Niki.

Indeed!

Darrell KSR
02-07-2018, 02:03 PM
Very proud of you, Niki. But you really should use something other than your high school graduation photo :). Not fair that you don't age.

badrose
02-07-2018, 04:47 PM
My most current photo

Darrell KSR
02-07-2018, 06:11 PM
My most current photo. I'm on the left. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180208/44d3bf8b165ca52df54e31b42164fe61.jpg

UKFlounder
02-07-2018, 07:31 PM
Good work Niki!

uklandrn
02-07-2018, 07:57 PM
I swear I haves aged!! Before Ron got leukemia and died I truthfully looked about 20. (I was 32 when he passed. ) I felt the stress really aged me. So I began looking like I was late 20’s - early 30’s. Then I got fat. I mean beached manatee fat. There are 3 good things about being fat - #1- you don’t take up as much water in the bathtub; #2- the fat fills in your wrinkles so you look younger even though you’re giant fat; and #3 - when you get old - if you happen to fall you are much less likely to break a hip or shoulder.
So I promise this is a recent picture of me / taken around 3 or so weeks ago. I am 46 and am thankful to have been given the privilege to live this long. Ron would be 52 if he’d have lived. I miss him but am so glad he’s no longer hurting. I’ll see him again someday - and I’m expecting he won’t have trouble recognizing me!

KeithKSR
02-08-2018, 07:24 PM
Congratulations, Niki!

I think of Ron every time I see one of your posts. We had most of our electronics classes together at MSU, and Kentucky basketball was a favorite topic of discussion. We both really hoped that Kenny Payne would choose Kentucky leading up to his spring decision during his senior year of high school. I am sure Ron would be glad that KP finally became a Wildcat.

kingcat
02-11-2018, 01:53 AM
Congrats Niki. Proud of ya’