PDA

View Full Version : Testing forum runner

CitizenBBN
12-09-2012, 05:17 PM
I've added support for forum runner to the site. It's an app for iPhone and android that let's you interact w certain message board software. It's a great way to get on here from a mobile connection. The mobile browser setup w as a huge improvement over scout and this is the next level.

The app is a buck or two and once you have it you can connect to KSR as well as a bunch of other sites of all kinds. Theres no charge on our end to use it.

It's a quicker way to navigate and has stuff like push notifications for subscribed threads and such. I'm still playing w it but speed and ease are obviously the big benefits.

Right now the chat won't work on it but I'm working on a dedicated chat setup for mobile using the browser interface or an app.

To use it you need to buy the forum runner app from your app store. Once that's done there's a browse option and you can find us under the sports--> basketball category. They didn't have a college sports one so I could only pick one sport. You can also search for KSR or Kentucky sports report.

Once you've found it on forum runner you can log in and use the site.

Theres another such app, tapatalk, and I'll set up for it as well. Forum runner was a little quicker to set up. Mobile is the future of discussion and were intent on having the best mobile options for uk fans.

BigBlueBrock
12-09-2012, 05:21 PM
I love Tapatalk. Look forward to having that working.

CitizenBBN
12-09-2012, 05:22 PM
If you do get Forum Runner, to put KSR on the main page of it you go to KSR and at the top hit that outbox icon with the arrow. It has a "make a favorite" option that will then put KSR on the main FR page when you open the app so you can go right to the site.

It has a lot of options, I'm still learning what's available but I just did this thread and the first post in it and it was pretty nice.

CitizenBBN
12-09-2012, 05:29 PM
I love Tapatalk. Look forward to having that working.

I may get to it tonight. If not in the next day or so. The dedicated apps are sweet. I clicked on the arrow on your post choose quote and start typing.

You can automatically attach phone photos apparently. Trying that now.

CGWildcat
12-09-2012, 06:03 PM
whats the name of our iPhone app?

Thedonnie123
12-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Trying out forum runner now. Looks sweet.

Thedonnie123
12-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Yep. Lets you post photos straight from the camera.

CitizenBBN
12-09-2012, 06:17 PM
whats the name of our iPhone app?

Search for "Forum Runner".