PDA

View Full Version : Fugitive Kentucky lawyer Eric Conn captured

Darrell KSR
12-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Convicted of massive Social Security fraud (over half a billion dollars) more than six months ago, tracked down by the FBI in the Honduras.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fugitive-kentucky-lawyer-eric-conn-honduras-to-be-brought-back-to-us/

Sometimes, the name DOES define the person.

Catfan73
12-05-2017, 11:04 AM
He's a low life. I can't believe he didn't keep going until he hit Venezuela. He probably could have hid out there indefinitely with a little bribery.

KSRBEvans
12-05-2017, 11:41 AM
Police were reportedly alerted to his location after he connected to the restaurant's Wi-Fi.

Dumb enough to deserve to be captured.

Darrell KSR
12-05-2017, 01:00 PM
These kind of things always beg the question for me -- where is his family?

Is he married? Did he have a girlfriend/significant other?

What about children? Have any? Living parents?

To up and run like that and just escape from everything you've ever known is something. I just if you're going to prison anyway, maybe you see it as the lesser of two evils (created by yourself), but still....

Anybody know (without having to do a bunch of research) what his family/personal life was like?

CitizenBBN
12-05-2017, 09:19 PM
Guess he should have just lived on the Appalachian trail like that one guy did.

I was kinda hoping he'd avoid getting caught for a long time, become Kentucky's version of someone like DB Cooper.

I don't even understand how he got convicted. Disability fraud is so common in Eastern Kentucky they'd save time to just put up a fence around the whole place and ask the 10 people not involved to move. ;)

BTW, that's just a joke, and not fair to Appalachia. The truth is there aren't 10 people in the whole country anywhere that are more than 1 degree of separation from disability fraud.

Darrell KSR
12-06-2017, 07:26 AM
"Do you want to make any statement, Mr. Conn? How does it feel to be back?"

lol. Sometimes...these questions...

Eric Conn transported back to Lexington.

https://twitter.com/SpecNewsKY/status/938240222374047744/video/1