PDA

View Full Version : ‘Strangest supernova we’ve ever seen’: A star that keeps exploding — and surviving

Krank
11-08-2017, 03:22 PM
This is a really interesting find and it's the kind of story that is likely just the tip of the iceberg compared to what the Webb Telescope will discover once launched in 2019.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/11/08/the-strangest-supernova-weve-ever-seen-a-star-that-keeps-exploding-and-surviving/?utm_term=.9bdef66ad262

kingcat
11-08-2017, 04:55 PM
Simple, the explosions are so immense that all the particles achieve greater than the speed of light and move backwards in time to a variable point just before the initial explosion at which point it repeats its demise.

And so I will claim this peculiar star as one of my own in case I am proven correct. Something like Dave's Star...or The Clark Star..or The Star of David maybe.

blueboss
11-08-2017, 10:47 PM
Simple, the explosions are so immense that all the particles achieve greater than the speed of light and move backwards in time to a variable point just before the initial explosion at which point it repeats its demise.

And so I will claim this peculiar star as one of my own in case I am proven correct. Something like Dave's Star...or The Clark Star..or The Star of David maybe.

Dave's Groundhog Day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueboss
11-08-2017, 10:51 PM
Still trying to wrap my brain around 500 million light years away. Or the fact that an explosion can be seen 10 billion light years away.

kingcat
11-09-2017, 12:31 AM
Still trying to wrap my brain around 500 million light years away. Or the fact that an explosion can be seen 10 billion light years away.

Its really only 4.73036524 x 10 to the 21st kilometers. That sounds a little closer.

So if my theoretical musing is correct, from that distance we are witnessing time travel from a distant past. Could that be classified as time to the negative second power?