PDA

View Full Version : Strong, but not smart?

SalsaKat
12-04-2012, 01:24 PM
"Not to throw any salt in an open wound," Strong prefaced. "Kentucky can travel with the Big Blue Nation and go take over. We should have that same passion here and go take over."

Wow. I mean, wow. Not bright. I mean, that's a good way to get his tires slashed or his house egged. I mean seriously, can you imagine Calipari saying "Duke students camp out overnight for games at Cameron, why can't our students have that kind of passion?" Honestly, it's way worse than that, the way Cardinal fans go nutso over any mention of anything UK.

Strong really botched that whole presser. Hemmed and hawed around anything related to his coaching future, and not in the "I'm committed to my team right now" BS that coaches generally throw out in that situation, just muttering and evasion. Probably has one foot out the door, but seems to be unafraid to start kicking with the other foot. Might want to go ahead and bolt since he's liable to alienate himself there at this rate.

Source (http://www.cardchronicle.com/2012/12/3/3723830/on-charlie-strongs-press-conference)

Catfan73
12-04-2012, 01:41 PM
He's never been very good in front of the media, but this could be a fatal error in the UL fans' love affair with Cholly. If there is one thing that is stronger than their love of winning, it's their hate of UK and he crossed the line.

Maybe he has another job lined up and didn't have his filter properly in place. If he leaves, suddenly there'll be plenty of 'he wasn't that good anyway' and such from the UL fanbase.

CatinIL
12-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Sounds like a coach that has been offered another job.

fastkat
12-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Sounds like a coach that has been offered another job.

Bingo

Badinage
12-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Many have said that Strong never got a job until UL, because he was a poor interview. Jurich, reportedly, did not care about the interview, but wen on football and recruiting. That would be tough for an AD on the hotseat to do. I think UT may have Strong on its list, but his interview could really make an AD squirm.

With regard to Smart, is is surprising that he may go through this cycle of coaching changes without getting a job? Wasn't he the hottest item just two months back>