PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati

catmanjack
10-05-2017, 11:40 PM
Taking a weekend trip to Cincinnati, staying in Newport at the aloft but wondered if anyone knew of any live music spot that they would recommend?

BigBluePappy
10-06-2017, 11:37 AM
Bogarts (http://www.bogarts.com/) in Cincinnati was THE spot WAY back in 1980, can't help you with anything but a link .

Darrell KSR
10-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Catmanjack, looks like you need to explore and then tell us!

CitizenBBN
10-06-2017, 08:58 PM
I knew Bogarts back in the day, but man that was eons ago. I think the Ohio river was mostly full of dinosaurs then. I was one of them. :)

blueboss
10-06-2017, 09:18 PM
Bogarts (http://www.bogarts.com/) in Cincinnati was THE spot WAY back in 1980, can't help you with anything but a link .

Ding ding ding....

Here's how diverse Bogarts headliners could be back in the day...

We saw Arlo Guthrie there one night....then not long after, on a long weekend quest to see the worlds greatest drummers we saw Buddy Rich.

Anyway, back to Cincinnati. I can't go the Queen City without eating at The Precinct....

Bring your wallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catfan73
10-07-2017, 12:00 PM
If you get a chance (and like meat), check out Boi Na Braza. It's a Brazilian steakhouse or "churrascaria" downtown on Vine.

KentuckyWildcat
10-07-2017, 07:37 PM
Go there a lot but I really don't do music, so I'm not any help...

We go up on a Friday, stay at the Hampton to watch the free fireworks after the game from the room. Awesome view. Spend Saturday at the pool and levee, then a game on Saturday night. Head home on Sunday. Short but fun trip for us.

catmanjack
10-09-2017, 09:28 PM
Had a great weekend, no music was found and stayed on the Newport side mostly.
Ate at the fish house and Brio, both are located on the Newport levee.
Did vinture over to vine street to shop a bit and ate at a nice little oriental place on vine named Kaze.
Would recommend.
The aloft is a great place to stay and will if I venture back to Cincinnati.