PDA

View Full Version : Fast and Furious

dan_bgblue
08-23-2012, 08:22 AM
Follow the Money (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/22/atf-official-tied-to-fast-and-furious-on-leave-earning-second-paycheck/)

Silence costs money to maintain

CitizenBBN
08-23-2012, 03:05 PM
All the key people have been moved to cushy jobs or given full retirement or otherwise taken care of by Justice.

This river runs deeper that we'll get to with the investigation thus far. Maybe if Romney gets in they can crack some of the files but I imagine they won't survive. As this goes on I get more and more conspiracy suspicious about the top people. not everyone involved, just the reasons it was kept alive.

The big questions, and I think you posted the link, is what was going on in Phoenix's Justice office. The prosecutors are as much or more to question than ATF and the agents.

I haven't had time to post about this topic here, but it's real obvious the Feds have little if any desire to enforce gun laws as opposed to pushing for more controls. F&F fits right into those priorities.

I do have to go salvage that thread though. I have about 20 links to datasets in there.

dan_bgblue
09-19-2012, 02:00 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/19/major-report-released-on-fast-and-furious-doj-official-resigns/

jazyd
09-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Everyone paid off and taken care,

dan_bgblue
10-01-2012, 10:10 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/01/report-claims-to-have-found-57-more-guns-tied-to-operation-fast-and-furious/

CitizenBBN
10-01-2012, 01:52 PM
I love how it was characterized by the investigator as getting out of hand. There was never a plan in place to either trace or interdict these weapons. It never was in hand. It started out of hand and just skipped along merrily thereafter. They were handing weapons to known felons and drug dealers from day one with no specific plan as to what to do once that happened. The Phoenix AD's office refused to prosecute and ATF refused to interdict the weapons.

There was absolutely no plan to actually arrest anyone, simply to magically trace the weapons to higher ups in the cartels, presumably as they came back for tracing from crime scenes I guess, only to find out their primary target who they would never be able to prosecute since he was in Mexico (and was already a known Sinaloa cartel boss who we didn't need more evidence against) was also a FBI informant.

No, it didn't get "out of control." It was from before the first gun was walked the most ill-conceived, brainless operation one could possibly imagine.

In fact that's why the conspiracy theories that it was designed to further the gun control agenda. It's simply hard to accept that so many people throughout the DOJ and ATF could be so singularly stupid as to implement a plan less thought out than the Underwear Gnomes on South Park.

The anti-gun crowd has beaten the drums for a while now about how we need more gun control b/c of gun running to the Mexican cartels, using their completely fabricated 90% number, and then poof here's a program that allows 2,000 guns across the border guaranteed to be traced back to US stores when they are used in crimes thus supporting that claim. Almost all of them "assault weapons", the exact kind of guns they're wanting to ban. All under control of a President who as a state senator supported banning all semi-automatic weapons, which is about 99.5% of all guns in the US.

Like I said at the outset of this mess, you have to accept that either a) at least a dozen senior officials at DOJ and ATF (that's the number their own investigator listed) all missed that there was no plan for either recovering the guns or possibly bringing anyone to justice, or b) they had other reasons for pursuing the operation.

I think a lot of people are dumb as rocks, including a very high percentage in senior government positions in Washington, but even I have a hard time accepting that level of stupidity.

Also dont' forget there was no shut down in progress. They allowed this to go on for nearly 2 years with no results and were still letting guns go to the cartels. with no arrests of their targets anywhere close to happening.

This thing could still be going on if not for a whistle blower going to Senator Grassley. Think those traced back guns would be front and center for the photo ops at the anti-gun press conferences of Mayor Bloomberg et al, no one saying a word about how they got across the border in the first place?

dan_bgblue
10-02-2012, 10:32 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/01/fast-furious-report-leaves-americans-with-crucial-questions/

dan_bgblue
10-16-2012, 10:53 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/16/justice-department-seeks-dismissal-fast-and-furious-lawsuit/?test=latestnews

CitizenBBN
10-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Interesting argument except for the fact that there is precedent already set by the courts to rule on privilege and the lawsuits related to it. The courts have already shown they will hear disputes and rule when they feel appropriate.