PDA

View Full Version : GAME: Yes or No Game

Darrell KSR
09-13-2017, 09:47 PM
Just as it says. A yes/no question is asked, and the next poster replies yes or no (usually with an explanation). They would then ask a new question.

Have you worn a necktie in the last week?

MickintheHam
09-13-2017, 10:09 PM
NO! I work for myself these days. I am both my customer and supplier. Some days I only wear my boxers until 4 pm.

Have you called a friend this week, just to catch up with what is going on with them?

blueboss
09-14-2017, 01:18 AM
No... but I did last week.

Have you broken the speed limit this week, on purpose because you were late for something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badrose
09-14-2017, 08:29 AM
Yes, most every time I'm behind the wheel.

Are there movies or TV episodes that you've watched more than 3 times this year?

MickintheHam
09-14-2017, 09:21 AM
No But if Blues Brothers comes on TV I'll stop and watch regardless of what I have planned to do.

Do you change your oil every 3,000 miles?

Darrell KSR
09-14-2017, 09:39 AM
No, but in my old Volvo I got a new infusion of oil about every 300 miles due to it leaking.

Have you had more than 2 cups of coffee today?

dan_bgblue
09-14-2017, 10:56 AM
No. I gave up coffee about 16 years ago. Previous to that I was at about a pot a day

Were there more than 2 squirrels in your yard this morning?

blueboss
09-14-2017, 11:20 AM
Yes, we even have/had a favorite that I could hand feed, and pet. We would even let him in the house from time to time . He'd sit in the entry rug and eat peanuts, when he turned to the door we'd let him out.

Have you adjusted the thermostat in you your house right after your have adjusted it.

Catfan73
09-14-2017, 11:21 AM
No I'm still trying to educate my wife on how thermostats work.

Do you decorate for Halloween? We never have but one neighbor about 5 houses down has had stuff up for about 3 weeks now. :s

dan_bgblue
09-14-2017, 11:32 AM

I think that is a common problem

MickintheHam
09-14-2017, 01:05 PM

Do you decorate for Halloween? We never have but one neighbor about 5 houses down has had stuff up for about 3 weeks now. :s

No, I do not decorate, but I used to send out Halloween cards instead of Christmas Cards. With halloween cards you can express your honest feelings.

Have you created a leaf pile yet this season?

dan_bgblue
09-14-2017, 01:10 PM
No, the leaves are still on the trees, and I am not going to try and speed up their falling.

Do you prefer home made pizza to the chain restaurant kind?

Darrell KSR
09-14-2017, 01:58 PM
Yes, I prefer home made pizza to the chain restaurant kind--I just rarely get it. Our home made pizza is throwing a Publix pizza in the oven.

Do you "count calories" in any sense?

MickintheHam
09-14-2017, 04:51 PM
Yes, I prefer home made pizza to the chain restaurant kind--I just rarely get it. Our home made pizza is throwing a Publix pizza in the oven.

Do you "count calories" in any sense?
No, I don't count. I do watch how much I eat.

Tats??

BigBluePappy
09-14-2017, 05:51 PM
No, no tats.

When was the last time you "lost it" with a hard to deal with customer service rep on the phone?

dan_bgblue
09-14-2017, 07:12 PM
Never. If it gets to that point I just hang up the connection.

Do you like the classic 30's-40's-50's musical movies?

blueboss
09-14-2017, 08:18 PM
No, not a fan of musicals. Right in the middle of a good movie they screw it up by breaking out in song.

Have you ever left the empty toilet paper roll on the the dispenser knowing somebody else will have to change it.

CitizenBBN
09-14-2017, 09:45 PM
Just to catch up:

No, but in last 2 weeks

No, I have few friends but I'm still bad with them

Duh

Yes, I watch mostly re-runs

No

No

Not that I know of

I rarely change the setting

No, neighbors do

No, that's called "mulch" at my house

Chain, my homemade is nonexistant

Not calories, count carbs, hard to count that high

No Tats but plan on one

Long time

A few, not many, I do like the old comedies

I do that stuff all the time

Darrell KSR
09-14-2017, 10:28 PM
Lol CBBN. You earn the next question with all those answers.

CitizenBBN
09-14-2017, 10:32 PM
Having a hard time coming up with one. I'm pretty mentally shot these days.

Gotta be yes/no huh? ......

Now about, are you as sick of hamburgers as I am?

Darrell KSR
09-14-2017, 11:18 PM
No. I haven't had many lately. Had one at Red Robin in Huntsville last Saturday that came with a large jalapeño pinned to the top of the bun. Had to slice it up to put it on the burger, but it was oh-so-fresh and delicious.

Have you bought a television in the last year?

Catfan73
09-15-2017, 08:31 AM
No but "won" a 50 incher at work last Christmas. I now have two 50" and one 42". Don't need anymore.

Did you have any Mexican jumping beans when you were a kid?

Darrell KSR
09-15-2017, 09:21 PM
Yes, I did. Before I answered this, I had to Google them to see what caused them to jump, as I did not know.

Did the first car you owned have air conditioning?

BigBluePappy
09-16-2017, 07:23 AM
No - 67 Camaro

Favorite TV program to watch, as a child under the age of 12?

badrose
09-16-2017, 07:27 AM
Nope. Didn't have bucket seats either, most didn't in those days.

Did you ever have an 8-track player installed in your car?

badrose
09-16-2017, 07:33 AM
No - 67 Camaro

Favorite TV program to watch, as a child under the age of 12?

Besides Looney Tunes, I watched Batman with Adam West & Burt Ward.

Do you ever miss the days of not having bucket seats?

dan_bgblue
09-16-2017, 08:55 AM
Nope. Didn't have bucket seats either, most didn't in those days.

Did you ever have an 8-track player installed in your car?

Yes. Installed it myself. It was an Arthur Fulmer. Wish I still had the player, but when I sold the car for little of nothing the player went with it.

Did you ever want to become an astronaut and go into space?

Darrell KSR
09-17-2017, 11:11 AM
Yes, space was a big thing for us when I was a little boy.

Have you driven more than 300 miles this week?

CitizenBBN
09-17-2017, 11:35 AM
Yes, that's not typical honestly (mostly I run around town) but had a road trip this week to look at stuff.

Have you never had to change a tire on a car?

Darrell KSR
09-18-2017, 06:58 AM
No, I have had to change a tire. But I haven't done it in a long time. I don't know if this makes me lazy, smart, or something else, but I reached the point where I'd rather call AAA to change the flat for me, especially if it is on the side of the road/busy highway.

I started to say if I had a flat in my driveway I might change it, but you know, I probably wouldn't. It's what I pay AAA for, and I'd have all the at-home conveniences while I waited on them.

I guess it's been 10 years or more since I changed a flat tire.

Do you wear more than one watch regularly?

Catfan73
09-18-2017, 08:06 AM
No. I love watches though. My go-to is a self-winding Seiko and that's the one I always wear because the rest have dead batteries in them. One time I took three in at once for new batteries when the Seiko needed a new band but then they all just died around the same time.

Have you ever tried candy corn and dry roasted nuts together? Tastes just like a Payday. Great at tailgates.

Darrell KSR
09-18-2017, 08:47 AM
No. I love watches though. My go-to is a self-winding Seiko and that's the one I always wear because the rest have dead batteries in them. One time I took three in at once for new batteries when the Seiko needed a new band but then they all just died around the same time.

Have you ever tried candy corn and dry roasted nuts together? Tastes just like a Payday. Great at tailgates.
My FIL gave me a Rolex - claimed he got a real good deal on it, whatever. And I wear it regularly. But I also wear this one regularly, including today. Inexpensive self-winding Seiko. Swapped the nylon band for a leather one and I really like it for a casual look. I'm old school and like these better than battery ones, too. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170918/ae71fa464d4433f13be28b0a78009d58.jpg

badrose
09-18-2017, 08:57 AM
And your question? (tapping fingers)

Darrell KSR
09-18-2017, 09:18 AM
And your question? (tapping fingers)
The question is still on the board. I didn't answer one. (Look at the post above mine).

badrose
09-18-2017, 09:47 AM

No, but Paydays are a favorite.

Did you watch the Emmys last night? (I didn't)

Catfan73
09-18-2017, 09:50 AM
My FIL gave me a Rolex - claimed he got a real good deal on it, whatever. And I wear it regularly. But I also wear this one regularly, including today. Inexpensive self-winding Seiko. Swapped the nylon band for a leather one and I really like it for a casual look. I'm old school and like these better than battery ones, too. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170918/ae71fa464d4433f13be28b0a78009d58.jpg

That's the one! Great watch. Mine loses about a minute a day but I just correct it every couple of days. Sure beats batteries. I replaced the band when it wore out with a black silicone one. I wear out the leather ones too fast. The same watch comes in black, blue, and white but so far I've resisted the temptation to get another.

Darrell KSR
09-20-2017, 09:33 AM
No, but Paydays are a favorite.

Did you watch the Emmys last night? (I didn't)
I did not watch the Emmy's. Didn't know they were on. I'm clueless.

Have you listened to AM Radio in the last month?

badrose
09-20-2017, 09:56 AM
I did not watch the Emmy's. Didn't know they were on. I'm clueless.

Have you listened to AM Radio in the last month?

Nope. Either Classic Vinyl or Classic Rewind on Sirius/XM

Do you ever suffer from road rage?

Catfan73
09-20-2017, 10:31 AM
I gave up getting upset on the road long ago young grasshopper. Now I just mutter under my breath and give them a thumbs up.

Did you miss Parks and Recreation when it ended?

dan_bgblue
09-20-2017, 10:45 AM
No. I never watched it.

Do you have solar panels on your house or in your yard?

KSRBEvans
09-20-2017, 10:57 AM
No. I never watched it.

Do you have solar panels on your house or in your yard?

No--not there when we bought the house, way down the list of potential improvements.

Have you seen a movie in a movie theater in the last 90 days?

blueboss
09-20-2017, 11:37 AM
No--not there when we bought the house, way down the list of potential improvements.

Have you seen a movie in a movie theater in the last 90 days?

Yes, took my grandson to see Boss Baby

Have you had to drive in dense fog lately? I did this morning from Louisville to Indy... slow going.

Darrell KSR
09-20-2017, 01:35 PM
Yes, took my grandson to see Boss Baby

Have you had to drive in dense fog lately? I did this morning from Louisville to Indy... slow going.

I have not. Last two days there has been a dense fog warning in my area, but I've been under the weather, so I opted not to go to the office until later both days.

Have you written with a fountain pen in the last year? (I have, it's part of my rotation of changing between pencils, ballpoint pens-cheap and expensive, gel pens, and fountain pens. It's weird, but it motivates me work-wise.)

catmanjack
09-20-2017, 10:06 PM
No- use a pencil most days.

Do any of you have step kids? What's the relationship like?

BigBluePappy
09-20-2017, 10:13 PM
I have no biological children, God looked at me and said, "that gene pool needs some chlorine", but my kids are just that; my kids.
That is the only healthy way it should be- they have a father, but they also have a Pap.

Favorite, non-adult beverage?

Darrell KSR
09-20-2017, 11:53 PM
Favorite, non-adult beverage?

Yes? No? Maybe.....(yikes...thinking back to those words issued by Rebecca DeMornay in.....nevermind. Man, that was a great movie, but not because of the story lines.)

I'm going to assume that Pappy's question is,

"Do you have a favorite non-adult beverage?"

My answer would be, "Yes, coffee." I would say water, but I enjoy coffee more than I enjoy water, although I drink ten tons more water than I do coffee. So I guess you could argue that my "yes" should be for water instead.

I could have said "yes," and then chosen something sweet to drink, but I don't drink soft drinks anymore (I don't have anything against it, and if I'm thirsty enough, I'll drink a coca-cola or whatever).

I'll stick with Pappy's general line here--

Do you prefer Coca-Cola over Pepsi-Cola?

BigBluePappy
09-21-2017, 04:31 AM
RC - but type II has pretty much brought that to a halt, so Coke Zero.

Last time, if ever, you went frog gigging?

dan_bgblue
09-21-2017, 09:24 AM
Close to 30 years ago was the last time I went wading for frogs. My FIL was a Louisiana "wannabe' cajun and he got me hooked on the sport. We used to go twice every weekend during the season.

Do you hate going to visit the dentist?

Darrell KSR
09-21-2017, 10:06 AM
Do you hate going to visit the dentist?

No. Most people do. I used to. I now have a dentist I really like, and it seems technology has caught up where they don't do so many things that irritate me. Plus they give me nitrous oxide when I walk in the door, so that helps.

Just kidding on the laughing gas. But I've reached the point in my life where I like going as a "tune-up," to keep things in good order that I used to take for granted, like my teeth.

Have you printed a photo you have taken with your camera (or phone) recently? (I find I take tons of photos, but almost never print anymore.)

CGWildcat
09-21-2017, 10:08 AM
Yes, usually not too traumatic, but still not fun.

Have you ever woke up in bed naked next to a transvestite prostitute? (Figured I'd go big for my first question)

Darrell KSR
09-21-2017, 10:26 AM
Yes, usually not too traumatic, but still not fun.

Have you ever woke up in bed naked next to a transvestite prostitute? (Figured I'd go big for my first question)

next to?

No. Not next to.

Have you printed a photo you have taken with your camera (or phone) recently? (If Coastie gets this one, I have a feeling I know the answer already!)

CitizenBBN
09-21-2017, 11:24 AM
next to?

No. Not next to.

Have you printed a photo you have taken with your camera (or phone) recently? (If Coastie gets this one, I have a feeling I know the answer already!)

I do here and there to show a client, but not often.

Have you ever been arrested or even just placed in the cruiser? Hoping someone has a funny version of this question, where they got busted for protesting in the 60s or mistaken identity or something. If you're a three time felon posting from FOlsom I'd probably prefer you not let it out here. :)

KSRBEvans
09-21-2017, 01:01 PM
I do here and there to show a client, but not often.

Have you ever been arrested or even just placed in the cruiser? Hoping someone has a funny version of this question, where they got busted for protesting in the 60s or mistaken identity or something. If you're a three time felon posting from FOlsom I'd probably prefer you not let it out here. :)

Yes--I was placed in a cruiser and driven to the police station when I was 17. I was at a camp-out party where there was a bunch of drinking. About 2 am (because lots of good things happen after 2 am) a girl decided she wanted to go home. I knew I was drunk and shouldn't drive, but somehow I let myself get talked into getting in the car with another girl who was equally too drunk to drive. So here are 3 drunk high school kids riding in a car through downtown Flatwoods, Kentucky at 2:15 am.

Of course, a cop pulled us over, took us back to the police station and did the worst thing he could do: he called our parents. If he had given me the choice of staying in jail that night and releasing me the next morning or calling my parents, I definitely would've chosen jail.

None of us were ever charged, including the driver, which is how it was done back in 1980 I guess, but I doubt the driver would've gotten off that easy now. Maybe in a small town. (BTW, the driver is now a doctor and professor at a medical school, so the cop calling her parents and not charging her was a great break.)

So, next question:

Have you ever used a smoker?

dan_bgblue
09-21-2017, 01:09 PM
Used one< heck I built one. I used a 250 gallon propane tank, a salvaged 2 wheel trailer, stainless steel conveyor chain, and some steel to build the firebox. I can smoke 12 whole turkeys or 22 boston butts at a time. I love it and so do friends and neighbors.

Do you snow ski?

KSRBEvans
09-21-2017, 01:38 PM
Used one< heck I built one. I used a 250 gallon propane tank, a salvaged 2 wheel trailer, stainless steel conveyor chain, and some steel to build the firebox. I can smoke 12 whole turkeys or 22 boston butts at a time. I love it and so do friends and neighbors.

That's hard core, Dan! I bought an entry-level electric smoker a few years ago but never did a whole lot with it: smoked about 1 butt/summer, some ABTs, etc. I like smoked anything but Mrs. BEvans does not and when we became empty-nesters I couldn't see doing it for just me. 1 of those things I might try to work with again someday.

suncat05
09-21-2017, 02:59 PM
No, not a big fan of smoked foods. Only get a taste for that stuff once or twice a year. Otherwise, nope.

When was the last time you swam, snorkeled, or scuba dived in the ocean?

suncat05
09-21-2017, 03:03 PM
No, not a big fan of smoked foods. Only get a taste for that stuff once or twice a year. Otherwise, nope.

When was the last time you swam, snorkeled, or scuba dived in the ocean?

Correction: the question should have been 'have you what's instead of 'when was the last time'.........brain fart. Sorry, my peeps!

suncat05
09-21-2017, 03:05 PM
Correction: the question should have been 'have you what's instead of 'when was the last time'.........brain fart. Sorry, my peeps!

DAMN AUTOCORRECT!
HAVE YOU EVER........is what it should have said.
I am really, really starting to dislike this new Kindle.......grrrrrrrr........

Darrell KSR
09-21-2017, 05:47 PM
I'll answer both.

Do you snow ski?
No.

Everybody in my family has, except me. It's not a big deal with us, and every time I could have, there was some obstacle keeping me from it. Maybe someday.

Yes, I've snorkeled in the ocean. Most recently, if you count the Gulf of Mexico, in the last couple of years. Otherwise, heck. Maybe 20+ years ago in the Cayman Islands with the stingrays and such. That was a blast.

I have never been diving. Another, "one day" thing. (Edit - I missed the swim part. If Gulf of Mexico counts, a couple of months ago).

Have you eaten a warehouse store sandwich recently? (asked the guy sitting at Costco eating their turkey provolone sandwich, surprisingly good).

CGWildcat
09-21-2017, 06:44 PM
No, but I do love the Costco hotdogs!!

Will you be attending the San Francisco Folsom Street Fair this weekend? 68066807

dan_bgblue
09-21-2017, 06:59 PM
No. There are things that can be seen that do not warrant viewing

Do you have newspapers delivered to your home?

Darrell KSR
09-21-2017, 11:17 PM
No. There are things that can be seen that do not warrant viewing

Do you have newspapers delivered to your home?
Yes. But only 2 or 3 days a week. Maybe Wednesday, Friday and Sunday? I don't remember. The Birmingham News no longer prints daily, but we may not even get it as often as they publish.

I rarely read it. But it's enjoyable when I do. I like reading it in hand as opposed to a computer or phone screen, where most of my reading occurs.

Did you or your child play varsity high school sports?

badrose
09-22-2017, 08:49 AM
Yes. But only 2 or 3 days a week. Maybe Wednesday, Friday and Sunday? I don't remember. The Birmingham News no longer prints daily, but we may not even get it as often as they publish.

I rarely read it. But it's enjoyable when I do. I like reading it in hand as opposed to a computer or phone screen, where most of my reading occurs.

Did you or your child play varsity high school sports?

Yes. Me: Baseball, My oldest daughter: Basketball

Did you ever streak on a dare?

Darrell KSR
09-22-2017, 11:31 AM
Yes. Me: Baseball, My oldest daughter: Basketball

Did you ever streak on a dare?

On a dare, as opposed to just enjoying it as a hobby?

No, I have never streaked on a dare.

(I answered the question precisely.) Hey, I want to hear your story behind the question when you get a chance.

In the meantime, next question--

Have you ever lost a hat on a roller coaster or other amusement park ride?

badrose
09-22-2017, 01:06 PM
On a dare, as opposed to just enjoying it as a hobby?

No, I have never streaked on a dare.

(I answered the question precisely.) Hey, I want to hear your story behind the question when you get a chance.

In the meantime, next question--

Have you ever lost a hat on a roller coaster or other amusement park ride?

No.

I threw in the 'dare' part as a plausible excuse for anyone who would need it. I ran to the mailbox and back for $10 once on a dare (it was dark---good excuse?) Another time I ran about 70 yards both ways (dark again but the distance made it much more daring. I was about 15 then) it was a mutual dare. I want to hear the reason behind your question.

Ever randomly walk up to a girl and kiss her in the middle of her conversation with another guy. (not in any way related to the last question)

Catfan73
09-22-2017, 02:17 PM
No. They used to do that to me.

Ever wondered how big a "yay" is when someone says "Its about yay big"?

badrose
09-22-2017, 02:27 PM
No. They used to do that to me.

Ever wondered how big a "yay" is when someone says "Its about yay big"?

No. It's usually accompanied by hands being held apart to indicate that.

Are you slowly but surely getting away from network TV?

blueboss
09-23-2017, 12:20 AM
No. It's usually accompanied by hands being held apart to indicate that.

Are you slowly but surely getting away from network TV?

Yes, pretty much top to bottom

Have you recently called in sick to work and not been sick (played hooky)?

badrose
09-23-2017, 06:57 AM
Yes, pretty much top to bottom

Have you recently called in sick to work and not been sick (played hooky)?

Not recently. Did it a few times when I worked night shifts but that was about 35 years ago. The last time I missed work was October 2006.

Are there some movies that you watch more than 2 or 3 times a year? (feel free to name them)

dan_bgblue
09-23-2017, 01:55 PM
Yes. Will not try to name them, but my lovely wife is addicted to Christmas movies and during November and December I am subjected to a constant diet of those movies, sometimes 3 or 4 times.

Do you like your neighbors?

BigBluePappy
09-23-2017, 03:28 PM
Yes, the Lord blessed me with two awesome, Christian neighbors, Kenny & Tammy and their two daughters have been a blessing to us. Oh, by the way Kenny is a Baptist preacher, I can't get away from them.:sign0157:

When was the last time you had squirrels, biscuits and gravy for breakfast?

Darrell KSR
09-23-2017, 10:24 PM
Yes, the Lord blessed me with two awesome, Christian neighbors, Kenny & Tammy and their two daughters have been a blessing to us. Oh, by the way Kenny is a Baptist preacher, I can't get away from them.:sign0157:

When was the last time you had squirrels, biscuits and gravy for breakfast?

Have I ever had squirrel, biscuits and gravy for breakfast?

Yes, once when I was in college. Went hunting with a buddy of mine and that's what they had for breakfast.

Have you ever had a sickening, nauseating, helplessness, viciously angry to the point you want to wreck a hotel you're staying in feeling after a Kentucky football game?

BigBluePappy
09-23-2017, 10:51 PM
Damn right, tonight.

When was the last time you longed for the days of Coach Jerry Claiborne and the Wide Tackle Six?

Darrell KSR
09-25-2017, 09:46 AM
Damn right, tonight.

When was the last time you longed for the days of Coach Jerry Claiborne and the Wide Tackle Six?
Yes and no. It seemed more fundamentally sound, but the athletes weren't as good. Him coaching with Stoops recruiting?

Did you go out of town this weekend?

dan_bgblue
09-25-2017, 04:30 PM
Nope, no trip for me this weekend.

Can you see may stars from your backyard at night?

badrose
09-25-2017, 05:10 PM
Nope, no trip for me this weekend.

Can you see may stars from your backyard at night?

It varies but definitely more than I could in Charlotte.

Ever had chicken grape salad?

Darrell KSR
09-26-2017, 08:13 AM
Many times. And pecan, too.

Have you ever lost your wallet, or had it stolen?

badrose
09-26-2017, 08:46 AM
Many times. And pecan, too.

Have you ever lost your wallet, or had it stolen?

( my favorite snack, and sometimes meal, is chicken grape salad scooped with Wheat Thin crackers)

(BTW, D, I followed up on your request earlier in this thread)

No, at least as far as I can remember. For some time now I've kept my wallet in my front pants pocket which is deeper and far more likely to notice if there's an attempt to lift it and very, very seldom do I carry cash.

Did you ever pop wheelies on a bike with a banana seat and butterfly handle bars?

Catfan73
09-27-2017, 06:14 PM
Every day! Mine had the thing on the back end that would keep you from falling off.

Ever spent Christmas Eve in a seedy hotel in Charlotte because the airport was fogged in?

blueboss
09-28-2017, 07:16 AM
No, I don't ever remember staying in a hotel around the Christmas holidays.

Do you own any Adidas sports gear.... shoes, sweats, t's etc?

badrose
09-28-2017, 08:16 AM
No, I don't ever remember staying in a hotel around the Christmas holidays.

No. I don't remember brand loyalty being a 'thing' back in the day. I wore Converse All-Stars as my every day all-purpose shoes and my first baseball glove purchase was a Wilson A-2000 which I paid for with money I earned cutting grass. I got it at the Wilson factory which was just across the Ohio River in Ironton, Ohio for about $40. I remember oiling it with Neatsfoot oil, putting a baseball in it, tying a string around it and putting it between my mattress and box springs to help break it in. I loved the way it felt and the way it smelled.

Did your family have a vegetable garden when you were a kid?

blueboss
09-29-2017, 12:50 AM
Yes, from time to time. Generally had tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, onions, and lettuce. It was never very large it was more of a summer hobby type thing for my mom and dad.

Have you ever swam in the ocean far enough off shore where you can't see land?

Darrell KSR
09-29-2017, 01:30 PM
Going to answer the correct question, then, just because, I thought I'd answer a couple of the ones previously posted, too. You guys come up with great questions.

Have you ever swam in the ocean far enough off shore where you can't see land?

No, I haven't. I'm probably the biggest chicken there is when it comes to swimming in the ocean. It bothers me when I see my sons go out there, or anyone where I realize I couldn't get out there to get them easily.

I get chill bumps just thinking about being on boats (I've done it plenty of times, though) and being in the deep ocean. When I'm on it, it's fine, but sitting here in my chair, I worry about all the things that could go wrong.

Ever spent Christmas Eve in a seedy hotel in Charlotte because the airport was fogged in?

In Charlotte? No. But in Kenner, Louisiana, on Airport Highway in a very seedy area? Yes.

My wife was pregnant at the time, and we were living in Alabama, came back for Christmas. Somebody had --I don't remember, something serious that you couldn't expose a pregnant woman to, like chicken pox, or measles, or really bad hair day, or something--seriously, I don't remember--and so we couldn't stay there. I was young and stupid, and just looked for the closest hotel (motel) possible, and it was on Airline Highway in Kenner (anybody familiar with New Orleans will know that's not a great area).

We dropped off presents and went back to the seedy motel,spent the night and returned home the next day.

Also remember as a kid traveling on Christmas Day, stopping at McDonald's to eat "Christmas Dinner" because Dad had to be back at work the next day and we were coming back from Kentucky, I think to Mobile. Maybe we were in Louisiana by then, but I want to say Mobile.

I own probably more Adidas gear than Nike gear, for whatever reasons. When I exercise I wear dry-fit type apparel, and just look for stuff on sale. Seems Adidas Clima-cool is on sale more often than Nike Dri-fit.

I own one Adidas Clima-cool running hat and one Nike Dri-fit hat. The Adidas is a light grey, and I love it for running. Very light weight, keeps sweat out of my eyes (along with my Sweat Gutr), and can be rinsed out (I understand it has a plastic bill underlining) when I am done.

The Nike hat is a black Nike hat with a white swoosh, and I love that hat. It used to be my hat to run in as well, but I found I wear it practically everywhere on weekends, such as to soccer or football games, if I am outside and I am sweating. It doesn't create the "sweat stain" that my "regular" hats, like UK, ULM and Miami hats do. So I wear it probably slightly more than the Adidas hat (I certainly wear it LONGER), and the rest of my hats are rare these days.

I also have shorts, polos, and even socks that are Adidas (Nike, too). But yes, a lot of Adidas stuff. I will be wearing more of it now when I come in contact with my UofL friends here :)

Finally, my question--

Do you have any plans to watch a sporting event in person this weekend?

blueboss
09-29-2017, 01:45 PM
Jumping off a boat into the wide open ocean with no land in sight is pretty unsettling. Jumping in the ocean with some type of air supply has never really bothered me.... I guess it's like a security blanket or something. Just jumping in to swim around, I never last very long before the heebie jeebies set in and I climb out.

dan_bgblue
10-01-2017, 05:17 PM
Do you have any plans to watch a sporting event in person this weekend?

No sir. Grand youngins have the weekend off for fall break

Do you have any phobias that you are aware of?

Darrell KSR
10-01-2017, 06:34 PM
No sir. Grand youngins have the weekend off for fall break

Do you have any phobias that you are aware of?

Well, I'm not sure. Maybe close, I dunno. I didn't think I was claustrophobic until I had an MRI on my right shoulder a few months ago, and it bothered me. I'm having an MRI on my left shoulder next week, and I'm already contemplating tequila or bourbon before I go in, and I'm not kidding.

We were having dinner last night and I was having a margarita and I told my wife I'd have to arrange it after 5 so I could have a margarita, and she reminded me that I don't have to wait til then. And I won't.

I'm also semi-phobic about the ocean and heights, I guess. I go on these "space shot" things at amusement parks, and I get very anxious as it is going up. The going down is fine.

So I'm not sure if any of that qualifies, but I think it's dang close.

Are you in any social clubs (you can define that how you want)?

dan_bgblue
10-03-2017, 04:11 PM
As Groucho said, I won't join any club that would have me as a member. So that is a no on social clubs.

Do you regularly watch national network or cable news broadcasts?

Darrell KSR
10-04-2017, 09:48 PM
As Groucho said, I won't join any club that would have me as a member. So that is a no on social clubs.

Do you regularly watch national network or cable news broadcasts?
Maybe. We have Fox News on all day in our lobby, and I sometimes sit and watch when I just want a break. Usually because some news item is on of interest, and usually just for the duration of that item. I don't at home. (I'm not advocating for or against Fox, but it appeals to our clients.)

Do you have more than one pet?

dan_bgblue
10-08-2017, 06:45 PM
No pets at all. When my daughter left home for college the dog went with her and a few years later my wife's cat passed away. We decided to not replace either of them.

Do you regularly wear a wristwatch? (An apple watch does not count)

BigBluePappy
10-09-2017, 11:34 AM
Daily - a cheap Timex, with hands no less.

About how many hours a day do you spend actually relaxing, or doing something recreational?

Darrell KSR
10-09-2017, 03:45 PM
Daily - a cheap Timex, with hands no less.

About how many hours a day do you spend actually relaxing, or doing something recreational?

Does being here count?

I act like I work hard--and I guess, I do--but I also find plenty of time to do things I enjoy. I am here an awful lot, which I obviously enjoy. I am at all of my son's soccer games. He'll play 30 in the spring alone, so that tells you I do that a lot. I watch almost all UK football games, and about 1/2 of the basketball games (some conflicts just keep me from it).

But redefining it to exclude stuff like that (and excluding daughter's plays, and such)--just regular, day-to-day stuff--

I probably watch 30 minutes to 1 hour of TV on my phone every night after I go to bed, or at 3 a.m. or something.
I don't read every day, but probably average another 30 minutes of reading when you add up when I do read.
I have one or two torn rotator cuffs right now, so no golf, no basketball for me currently. (I have a 2nd MRI Thursday morning to diagnose left shoulder.)
I probably visit with children/wife in discussion talk 30 minutes to an hour a day. Is that recreational or stressful?

So all in all, I'd say maybe 1-2 hours a day is what I'd say. Can be a lot more, like on a Saturday or Sunday, though.

Do you own a stopwatch?

blueboss
10-09-2017, 07:52 PM
No, at least not anymore. I had a stopwatch that I got years ago. I took it to work several years ago to do time studies and someone relieved me of it. Smart phone has a stopwatch...

Have you ever broken a bone (your own).

dan_bgblue
10-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Yes and I am not sure I can remember all of them. High school football was not kind to me. 2 broken ribs, 5 fingers, one collar bone, 2 toes, and one ankle.

Do you lock the entry doors to your home while you are inside the home?

Darrell KSR
10-11-2017, 07:18 AM
Yes. Have most of my married life. Wife's family always did it, so she trained me to do it.

Today we have an automatic deadbolt that locks if you forget to do it yourself.

I never thought it was necessary, but reading about home invasions in the middle of the day and some in reasonably good neighborhoods, I'm happy we do now. As far as I know, it has been decades of unnecessary locking now. I hope it stays that way (same philosophy as my CCW).

Have you eaten at an ice cream or frozen yogurt store recently?

Catfan73
10-11-2017, 08:49 AM
Had frozen yogurt one night after eating out with the family a couple of weeks ago. Got red velvet IIRC.

Have you ever seen two birds f$@#%×g in flight?

BigBluePappy
10-11-2017, 11:31 AM
That escalated rather quickly...:evilgrin0007:

blueboss
10-11-2017, 05:27 PM
Had frozen yogurt one night after eating out with the family a couple of weeks ago. Got red velvet IIRC.

Have you ever seen two birds f$@#%×g in flight?

Yes while on a plane f@&(:g I looked out the window and saw two birds.

Oh wait!!! Maybe I misunderstood the question!!!

CitizenBBN
10-11-2017, 07:52 PM
OK, who told catfan about this thread? There goes the neighborhood.

Catfan73
10-11-2017, 11:53 PM
Geez, didn’t realize my question was so offensive. Let me rephrase it....Have you ever seen two feathered endothermic vertebrates f$@#&*g in flight?

Darrell KSR
10-12-2017, 08:13 AM
I have not. Nor on the ground, nor in a tree, bush, or seedy motel in a red light district! But I'll keep looking.

Have you ever had an MRI (asked the guy heading to his 2nd one this year)?

badrose
10-12-2017, 09:56 AM
I have not. Nor on the ground, nor in a tree, bush, or seedy motel in a red light district! But I'll keep looking.

Have you ever had an MRI (asked the guy heading to his 2nd one this year)?

Yes, though I can't remember why unless it was just routine.

Ever have plantar fasciitis?

CGWildcat
10-12-2017, 12:18 PM
Yes, and it hurts like a .... well you know. Even took a cortisone inj in the heel years ago for it. I'll take the pain of the PF after that shot!

What would you like to tell your 10th grade self?

badrose
10-12-2017, 01:33 PM
That I'm not the only one who didn't get trigonometry.

Ever drink water directly from a spring?

CitizenBBN
10-12-2017, 05:42 PM
Geez, didn’t realize my question was so offensive. Let me rephrase it....Have you ever seen two feathered endothermic vertebrates f$@#&*g in flight?

I have to tell you how much I enjoyed this. Glad I'm siting here laughing in room alone.

Darrell KSR
10-12-2017, 05:47 PM
I'm just wondering why he's self-censoring the word, "fighting."

dan_bgblue
10-12-2017, 06:37 PM
That I'm not the only one who didn't get trigonometry.

Ever drink water directly from a spring?

Yup, lots of times. Had a small spring on our farm way back in the day and we along with neighbor kids used to play in the woods a lot in the spring, summer, and fall. It sure tasted good.

Have you ever parachuted out of a perfectly good airplane for fun?

blueboss
10-14-2017, 11:20 PM
Yup, lots of times. Had a small spring on our farm way back in the day and we along with neighbor kids used to play in the woods a lot in the spring, summer, and fall. It sure tasted good.

Have you ever parachuted out of a perfectly good airplane for fun?

Nope, and I'm not sure I could...

Have you ever called the police to report a crime?

CitizenBBN
10-15-2017, 10:22 AM
Nope, and I'm not sure I could...

Have you ever called the police to report a crime?

Several times. Some to report things like vagrancy (which apparently now is infringing on people's rights to be on private property making a mess and stealing stuff), but also for car break-ins. Not very many, but a few times over the years. called a couple of time on suspicious stuff, just wanting them to go by and check things out, esp. around my business property.

Have you jumped in a pile of leaves for fun in say the last 20 years?

dan_bgblue
10-17-2017, 08:55 AM
No I have not.

Have you ever seen what you you believe to be a true UFO?

Catfan73
10-17-2017, 11:04 AM
I've seen plenty of things I couldn't identify but never anything I thought was from out of this world. Now ghosts, that's a different story.

Ever put butter in your coffee?

dan_bgblue
10-17-2017, 01:09 PM
Now ghosts, that's a different story.

I am sure that others have as well. Would love to see a thread just for personal ghost sightings as I can honestly say, I have never seen one. I have had some spooky feelings at times in odd places, but have never seen an apparition.

Catfan73
10-17-2017, 02:09 PM
I am sure that others have as well. Would love to see a thread just for personal ghost sightings as I can honestly say, I have never seen one. I have had some spooky feelings at times in odd places, but have never seen an apparition.

I've got a good story I'll share when I get home tonight.

blueboss
10-17-2017, 02:17 PM
Got plenty of ghost stories with photos and audio recordings to back them up.

badrose
10-17-2017, 02:21 PM
I've seen plenty of things I couldn't identify but never anything I thought was from out of this world. Now ghosts, that's a different story.

Ever put butter in your coffee?

No, but I put whiskey in my water and sugar in my tea. :) j/k

Ever tell the pitcher you're going to steal a base and do it?

BigBluePappy
10-17-2017, 06:37 PM
What's all these crazy questions that there asking of me?

I never was that fleet of foot as they say.

Do you ever get an earworm to a song you cannot stand?

p.s. - looking forward to the ghost stories, and the above mentioned song is not the one I was speaking of.

badrose
10-17-2017, 06:48 PM
Yes. Brand New Key comes to mind. Thing is, I hated it so much I liked it if you can understand that.

When you were dating did you have a "type"?

Darrell KSR
10-18-2017, 08:43 AM
Yes--I had a type. Any female that could tolerate me. It's a small class.

Do you wear any jewelry, not including a wedding ring or a watch?

badrose
10-18-2017, 01:12 PM
No. I have some rings that I used to wear but I'm more of a minimalist where that is concerned these days.

When you were a kid did you camp out in your back yard?

Catfan73
10-20-2017, 08:56 AM
All the time! We had an old canvas army tent, the big one with a pole in the middle. Plenty of room for two cots.

Have you ever been told you have "chicken legs" and is it a good thing?

Darrell KSR
10-21-2017, 12:33 PM
All the time! We had an old canvas army tent, the big one with a pole in the middle. Plenty of room for two cots.

Have you ever been told you have "chicken legs" and is it a good thing?

No. My legs have never been skinny. I'd say it's a good thing to have them, but not a good thing to be told you have them.

Do you wear contact lenses?

BigBluePappy
10-21-2017, 01:32 PM
Yes.

Ever take anyone snipe(snike) hunting?

dan_bgblue
10-25-2017, 01:55 PM
Yes.

Ever take anyone snipe(snike) hunting?

No on the snipe hunting. Everyone I grew up around already knew that snipe had already been hunted to extinction.

Do you have a hunting or fishing license?

CitizenBBN
10-25-2017, 06:29 PM
No on the snipe hunting. Everyone I grew up around already knew that snipe had already been hunted to extinction.

Do you have a hunting or fishing license?

Hunted as a kid all the time, fished even longer. never had a license or knew why you'd need one. But I did get out of it before I got into deer and such, and we fished on private property (our own) 99% of the time.

Along those lines, has anyone on here NEVER shot a gun? Betting not with this group, just curious. Dont' wait this one out, it's ok to answer you have (which I think will be the case for all of us).

Darrell KSR
10-26-2017, 01:58 PM
I have not shot a gun.

Today.

Wait, you said NEVER? No, I can't say that. It has been awhile, even a few months, and I need to get back to the range to sharpen up some more. I often carry a concealed weapon (with a permit--similar to that hunting license, but against really bad people when needed, and hopefully never needed). But practicing with the concealed weapon is a good idea.

(If others want to chime in with answers, obviously, we're laid back here,and it's a good place for discussion--but the "one" answer that counted is the first one, and he (me) gets to ask the next question!)

Hey, I'll stick with the same topic.

Have you shot a pistol in the last six months?

blueboss
10-26-2017, 08:32 PM
I have not shot a gun.

Today.

Wait, you said NEVER? No, I can't say that. It has been awhile, even a few months, and I need to get back to the range to sharpen up some more. I often carry a concealed weapon (with a permit--similar to that hunting license, but against really bad people when needed, and hopefully never needed). But practicing with the concealed weapon is a good idea.

(If others want to chime in with answers, obviously, we're laid back here,and it's a good place for discussion--but the "one" answer that counted is the first one, and he (me) gets to ask the next question!)

Hey, I'll stick with the same topic.

Have you shot a pistol in the last six months?

Yep, I've mentioned dove hunting in the past. I usually run a few rounds through several pistols while I'm "down on the farm".

Anybody ever hop a train. When I was in my youth we used to jump trains in open box cars and empty cabooses (back when they had cabooses) and ride them until they stopped or slowed enough to jump off. Usually just several miles down the line.

I had a couple friends that jumped a train in Lexington behind Fayette Mall the train didn't stop or slow enough to jump off and they ended up in Nashville TN.....

CGWildcat
11-07-2017, 11:42 PM
Never hopped a train. Would be fun to do even now.

Have you ever "fished" for gator with a bass pole? ps. It's fun!!

dan_bgblue
11-13-2017, 04:20 PM
No gator fishing for me. There are none to be found in these parts. Many a time though I have baited a line on a cane pole to fish for frogs that are sitting on the bank.

Do you wear a coat and tie to work?

Darrell KSR
11-14-2017, 07:19 AM
Yes, but only once a week. Sometimes I don't that day. And only for four months of a year. Other times, it is just if I have to, such as when I'm going to court, which is not often.

About 20 years ago I transformed from wearing a coat and tie each day to wearing polo shirts and slacks. I skipped the dress shirt and slacks stage for the most point, although I'll still do that on occasion.

Do you use a computer with more than one monitor attached?

badrose
11-14-2017, 11:21 AM
No, but I have a 32" screen with over 50 tabs and an internet speed of around 350 Mbps download and 24 Mbps upload.

Have you ever walked off a job without notice?

TRUCKERCATFAN
11-15-2017, 02:36 AM
No, but I have a 32" screen with over 50 tabs and an internet speed of around 350 Mbps download and 24 Mbps upload.

Have you ever walked off a job without notice?

No but was fired very unexpectedly twice which will lead to my next question.

Have you ever told your boss what you truly think of them? Good or bad? Outcome?

badrose
11-15-2017, 10:15 AM
No but was fired very unexpectedly twice which will lead to my next question.

Have you ever told your boss what you truly think of them? Good or bad? Outcome?

Sort of. Here's the story: I'd just gotten out of manager's training with Kroger's and was assigned as asst mgr in South Williamson, KY where at least half the phone book was either Hatfield's or McCoy's. The store manager informed me that our job was to inspect the departments for presentation and productivity and he was truly running a tight ship. So, I did that and in the process became more acquainted with the employees who, in turn was yelling me some bizarre stories about my boss. 1) He was having an affair with an office girl who was in turn causing tills to come up short with cashiers she didn't like. 2) He was blackmailing the grocery mgr. 3) He was giving beer to the night stockers to work off the clock. 4) Before taking a week's vacation told all department heads to add hours to their schedules well-above the allotted amount (to make me look bad) as I went around to check on where their departments stood, they'd say "fine" Ya think?!

Of course when it came time to tally the payroll it was over 100 hours too much. He'd set me up. It was about midnight and I was scared to death about what to do. I had the hours reduced to where the max should have been with the intent on adding it back in the next week. The following Monday I called the human resources guy who recruited me and I told him everything. He told me I had to go through the chain of command and tell the regional mgr. So, I did and he essentially told me it was all a figment of my imagination. Later that week we'd had a huge snowstorm which I managed to get through and when I got there, the office girl (mentioned earlier) said corporate called and said to close the store and was in the process of doing so which got everyone out by five o'clock.

That next week I was offered a store manager's position at a store not even a minute from where we lived and my salary would be about $7000 more per year. I took it. I gave a notice to my HR guy at Kroger's and while I was at the store the Front End mgr in formed me that the store mgr had written the office girl out for an additional five hours on that snow day. I presented the time card to the HR guy when we had our exit interview and the next week there was a full scale investigation and fired the manager at So. Williamson, KY.

badrose
11-15-2017, 12:03 PM
Ever been stung by a man-o-war?

Darrell KSR
11-15-2017, 09:24 PM
Ever been stung by a man-o-war?I have not.

Ever been in the water near a shark? I mean, an in the wild, real live shark that would scare the pants off you?

BigBluePappy
11-15-2017, 10:33 PM
I have not.

Ever been in the water near a shark? I mean, an in the wild, real live shark that would scare the pants off you?

Grammy and I were in the shallows, standing about waist to chest deep in the water when a bull shark went about 4-5' in front of us. I mentioned it and suggested we move slowly backwards; Grammy kicked it into four wheel drive and literally drug me backwards;not really in any danger, but it scares the devil out of you when they are that close, and unexpected. Beautiful creatures, though.

When was the last time you did something for you and you alone, totally selfish, for your pleasure alone?

CGWildcat
11-16-2017, 12:51 AM
Probably about 3 years ago....Went for a 90 minute massage. I was sound asleep and felt great.

Do you eat pork skins? Hot or plain

badrose
11-16-2017, 08:55 AM
Probably about 3 years ago....Went for a 90 minute massage. I was sound asleep and felt great.

Do you eat pork skins? Hot or plain

Yes, but it's been awhile and I prefer hot.

Do you miss the years of young adulthood?

dan_bgblue
11-16-2017, 08:18 PM
No not really. Those years seemed like they were fun at the time, but I doubt I could actually survive them again. Thinking back on them it scares me of the times I did something stupid and put myself in a position to die in a heartbeat.

Do you have a lucky number?

badrose
11-17-2017, 09:20 AM
No not really. Those years seemed like they were fun at the time, but I doubt I could actually survive them again. Thinking back on them it scares me of the times I did something stupid and put myself in a position to die in a heartbeat.

Do you have a lucky number?

No, but I wish I'd bet on Pat Day the day he won every race at Keeneland. That was around '89 or '90.

Is there a sport you excelled in? (Can be pickup games for all I care)

CGWildcat
11-17-2017, 11:58 AM
I'm pretty good at solitaire....otherwise no. Scored 1 point in 6th grade basketball. Baseball was my game and played about 10 years growing up but never made all stars etc. (Which really bugged me)

What behaviors make you think a person is creepy?

Darrell KSR
11-17-2017, 12:00 PM
Not really. Oh, in my mind, I was exceptional. I'll never forget my 9th grade year when I transferred schools after basketball tryouts. I asked the coach for a tryout, and he told me that "I have 12 uniforms, and 12 players have already made the team," so I didn't try out. When the "P.E." class played the 9th grade team, we lost 25-24. I scored all 24 points in the game. Won the one on one school contest, beating a 6'6 guy in the finals (I was 5'6 at the time.) He was actually one of the easiest to beat.

Playing little league baseball, I had opposing coaches shake my hand and call me "Brooks Robinson" when I played 3rd base, after making diving stops and throwing runners out as an 11-year old playing for Hoptown Clothing on our undefeated team. I wasn't that great of a hitter, though, but good enough. Thought I was great lol.

Had my moments on golf team in high school, won a couple of minor tournament things, made a couple of tournament-winning putts that was fun in things like two-man four-ball tournaments, etc. We had an 8' pool table at home and I used to be able to play a little pool. Stuff like that. Always make it much bigger in my mind than it really was. The truth really is that I was a "jack of all trades, master of none" athlete if an objective view was used. I could compete in about anything, but really exceptional? Nah.

I hope others answer this question, too--I love reading about our members who played baseball, basketball, football, etc.

I'll pass on asking the next question to allow somebody else to answer this question, too--and they can ask the next question.

badrose
11-17-2017, 01:46 PM
I'll pass it on as well.

In baseball I wasn't a great hitter but I got on base quite a bit. I loved stealing bases and after a while I got pretty cocky about it. I once told the first baseman I was going on the next pitch and he relayed that to the pitcher. I didn't get a huge lead but enough to give me a shot. The pitcher gave me a look and proceeded to throw a pitch. Stolen base. I got a bigger lead off second but the 2nd baseman came to the bag so I went back a bit. I took a slightly shorter lead this time and made sure the pitcher saw that so he didn't bother to look back again before his delivery. I took off and dove in head first to third, arriving at the same time as the catcher's throw but with my hands extended my left hand blocked the ball from going into the 3rd baseman's glove. I once stole 2nd and 3rd on one pitch because I figured no one would expect it (catcher didn't, 3rd baseman didn't). I once stole 7 bases in a double header. My last time up in the second game I got walked which loaded the bases. The 1st baseman hollered at his coach to see if he wanted him to hold me on. :)

On to bastketball

Remember Greg Hoover? I ran into him and his son at the YMCA nearby and we were shooting around and at one point I hit 7 shots in a row from NBA 3pt range. (about 10 ft beyond the high school arc) It was easier for me to shoot from outside and more likely for me to make that shot than a layup. Used to play every Saturday morning with guys from church (some pretty good players) at an elementary school gym. One time I was on defense in the lane and it was packed so it was a missed shot and the guy next to me was on the other team and about 7 or 8 inches taller and he got the rebound and I blocked the put back attempt and took it away and it really pi$$ed him off. So I'm running the other way with it and he's doggin' me about a step behind so when I got to the 3pt line I held up a moment which allowed him to get in front of me. I dribbled behind my back but it got away from me headed toward going out of bounds toward the baseline corner. I got to it in time and, falling way and to my left I let it go and my defender fell on me. Swish! (My kids were there so they can verify.) :)

Darrell KSR
11-21-2017, 06:18 AM
I'll ask the next yes or no question.

Do you still have a land line telephone?

Catfan73
11-21-2017, 09:00 AM
Nope. Got rid of ours several years ago.

The only sport I played past Little League was baseball. I was a pretty good center fielder but a horrible hitter; I would just try to draw a walk. Once I threw a perfect strike to home from dead center though on one hop, got a very surprised runner out. I thought about football but after my brother broke his tailbone my parents said no way.

Have you ever had deja vu when you know you had never been some place before?

BigBluePappy
11-21-2017, 12:58 PM
Nope. Got rid of ours several years ago.

The only sport I played past Little League was baseball. I was a pretty good center fielder but a horrible hitter; I would just try to draw a walk. Once I threw a perfect strike to home from dead center though on one hop, got a very surprised runner out. I thought about football but after my brother broke his tailbone my parents said no way.

Have you ever had deja vu when you know you had never been some place before?

No, but I have gone into a place I know I have been before and I remember asking my self, now what the heck did I come in here for?

Do you carry a pocketknife?

dan_bgblue
11-21-2017, 02:36 PM
If I have my pants on and am not going thru the process of trying to board a plane, then yes, I have a pocketknife in my front left pants pocket.

Do you normally have more than $20.00 cash with you?

CGWildcat
11-21-2017, 04:52 PM
I like to have cash with me always. No certain reason, I just feel better having it, and usually about 40 or 50. Until my wife finds out then I have 5.

Do you and family have passports?

Darrell KSR
11-21-2017, 08:38 PM
No, and we should. Everybody should.

Funny story. Daughter and fiance were going to take a short trip to the Bahamas about six months ago. He is stationed in Fort Campbell, from Atlanta, and we're in Birmingham. He came over and visited us a couple of days, and then they left for Atlanta, where they were going to catch a flight the next morning. My daughter asked if she needed a "Passport," and he laughed and told her no, they weren't going anywhere they needed a passport. But they were sitting in Atlanta visiting with his parents, and about 10 p.m. she decided she'd check to see what she needed, sort of a last minute check.

Driver's license. Check.
Birth certificate. What?

Yes, she needed an original birth certificate (or certified copy, more accurately). Fortunately, we keep those extra home at a fireproof safe, so the only issue was that they were 3 hours away (6 hours roundtrip). She was so mad. To save the poor guy, I jumped in the car with the birth certificate as fast as I could, and I met them halfway. Oh--and it was a driving rainstorm.

Fun times. But they laughed about it afterward.

Do you like cranberry sauce out of a can?

dethbylt
12-11-2017, 08:14 PM
Cranberry sauce is cranberry sauce. I’m not picky.

Question: If your neighbor leaves a declawed cat out in sub-20 degree weather, doesn’t feed her, and leaves her in poor health, is it ok to bring her into your home? (I think I know the answer - but interested in a third party opinion).

Darrell KSR
12-11-2017, 08:43 PM
Yes, 100%. Man, I hate to hear that. Of course, you're talking to a family with four cats, two rescued in similar circumstances and two rescued from the Humane Society, so I'm always going to err on that side.

Have you intentionally run a red light in the last three months?

CitizenBBN
12-11-2017, 10:18 PM
Cranberry sauce is cranberry sauce. I’m not picky.

Question: If your neighbor leaves a declawed cat out in sub-20 degree weather, doesn’t feed her, and leaves her in poor health, is it ok to bring her into your home? (I think I know the answer - but interested in a third party opinion).

Jumping back, but seriously yes, on many levels. First, declawed cats shouldn't be outside. They're defenseless.

Second, in the cold and unfed to go along with unable to hunt for itself, that's just abuse and cruel. Get her, take her to the vet, keep her inside and tell the neighbor he's an asshat. If you get really inventive bind his hands together with superglue and sit his ass out in the cold and see how he fares.

Seriously, yes. If you want to avoid confrontation of keeping it long term at least take it to the animal shelter, but it sounds like they don't care about it. But many such people don't care until someone else cares for the animal, then they act like they've been robbed.

CitizenBBN
12-11-2017, 10:23 PM
Yes, 100%. Man, I hate to hear that. Of course, you're talking to a family with four cats, two rescued in similar circumstances and two rescued from the Humane Society, so I'm always going to err on that side.

Have you intentionally run a red light in the last three months?

This is Lexington. You get rear ended and cause accidents if you don't run red lights here. :)

Ran one coming out of a neighborhood a week ago. In St. Louis late at night many areas go to blinking lights, and it's smart. middle of the night and no one coming, let people go.

Do you open your Christmas presents before Christmas?

Darrell KSR
12-12-2017, 12:07 PM
This is Lexington. You get rear ended and cause accidents if you don't run red lights here. :)

Ran one coming out of a neighborhood a week ago. In St. Louis late at night many areas go to blinking lights, and it's smart. middle of the night and no one coming, let people go.

Do you open your Christmas presents before Christmas?

Ditto. Some day I'll miss a police authority there and get a ticket. Worth it, IMO, for all the possible things it has avoided. I try very hard not to stop on roadways where it can get "suspect" after dark, you know? I have a "helper" with me, but who wants to put themselves in that kind of position? Not this kid.

Speaking of kids....

Yes, we open "family" Christmas presents on Christmas Eve. My family didn't do that growing up, but my wife's family did, so "happy wife, happy life," they say, and we adopted her procedure. Plus, I get presents a day early. OK, so she didn't have to twist my arm on that one.

The bad thing is, for the kids, "we" only give them a Christmas ornament each year. It's a nice, Lenox or something type ornament. I don't know; I just occasionally look at some bill for way more money than you'd expect and my wife tells me it's for six ornaments--our five children and a Godchild. But fortunately, they have grandparents that give them presents, and their Godparents (some do, some don't), as well as "secret Santa" between the siblings.

"Santa" brings them their other gifts the next day. Santa doesn't bring my wife and I anything. You can read into that what you will. Oh, we'll have our stockings packed like the kids, but no gifts, since Santa is for kids.

Do you have any special meal on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? (I'll add mine after this is answered).

dan_bgblue
12-13-2017, 01:30 PM
Nothing special for Christmas Eve or morning, but we do something a bit unique for Christmas lunch. We pig out on local, southern style, steamed, hot tamales.

Can you pass a Salvation Army Santa Clause without dropping a donation in the kettle?

BigBluePappy
12-13-2017, 04:57 PM
Personally, no. I carry so many singles just to do that, I am glad Grammy is not a suspicious soul.

Do you know what your spouse is getting you for Christmas?

Darrell KSR
12-14-2017, 02:42 PM
Personally, no. I carry so many singles just to do that, I am glad Grammy is not a suspicious soul.

Do you know what your spouse is getting you for Christmas?Yeah, THAT'S why you carry all those singles...

Probably. She has asked me to pick out the heated vest I want, so I guess I do.

Does your spouse know what you are giving her (or him) for Christmas?

dan_bgblue
12-17-2017, 11:31 AM
Yes she does. She really likes to go to sleep watching TV, and now that can happen in bed rather than on the couch in the den. We had talked about and agreed on the "gift" and she ran across a deal at Target she could not pass up so went ahead and brought it home.

Do you make it a point to watch "feel good" Christmas shows or movies this time of year?

CGWildcat
12-17-2017, 04:05 PM
I like the Christmas shows/movies this time of year, but the wife goes overboard and I get tired of them quickly.

Do you microwave your coffee, after pouring it hot from the maker?

Darrell KSR
12-17-2017, 04:09 PM
I don't microwave my coffee from the coffee maker. It's already too hot for me to drink, but I do routinely microwave "old" coffee that I put in a thermos from as much as the day before. Honestly, often I won't even microwave it, I'll drink it "hot enough" at around 130 degrees.

Have you eaten snow ice cream in the last couple of years?

blueboss
12-17-2017, 09:27 PM
I don't microwave my coffee from the coffee maker. It's already too hot for me to drink, but I do routinely microwave "old" coffee that I put in a thermos from as much as the day before. Honestly, often I won't even microwave it, I'll drink it "hot enough" at around 130 degrees.

Have you eaten snow ice cream in the last couple of years?

Nope, hasn't really snowed enough in the last couple of years.

Do you ever watch any of the crime reporting shows like 48 Hours or 20/20 and disagree with the verdict... they almost always find the person guilty.

Catfan73
12-18-2017, 11:11 AM
No but my wife watches all of them. I always think they're guilty too.

Ever put your heavy groceries on the belt first with the hope they'll actually be put in the cart first and not crush everything? Does it EVER work?

Darrell KSR
12-18-2017, 12:42 PM
No but my wife watches all of them. I always think they're guilty too.

Ever put your heavy groceries on the belt first with the hope they'll actually be put in the cart first and not crush everything? Does it EVER work?I'm probably going to jinx myself, and I rarely purchased many items at a store anyway, but it seems to me that they load the merchandise in the order they scan it. I might have some beverages that are heavy in a case of 12, and I put that on the belt first. I think they go ahead and bag those as they occur.

Have you left something you paid for at a store recently?

That is probably my biggest concern if I am actually purchasing several plastic bags worth of merchandise. I can never tell if I have them all or not. I have caught them telling me that I have everything before and I reached around and found a bag with some of my paid merchandise in it, so they are not foolproof.

Catfan73
12-18-2017, 02:24 PM
No but my wife left her keys on the counter at Kroger one time. The little old lady behind her in line apparently thought they looked like hers and picked them up. They had her on video but of course had no idea who she was. They called us 3 or 4 days later and said they had them back.

Ever left a store with the security tag still on items you've just purchased? We had this happen at an outlet mall about 20 miles out of town. Of course the alarms kept going off but everyone was so busy they would just say go on, it does that all the time lol. Luckily I was able to talk someone at a store much closer to home into removing them once we discovered the problem.

Darrell KSR
12-18-2017, 07:57 PM
No but my wife left her keys on the counter at Kroger one time. The little old lady behind her in line apparently thought they looked like hers and picked them up. They had her on video but of course had no idea who she was. They called us 3 or 4 days later and said they had them back.

Ever left a store with the security tag still on items you've just purchased? We had this happen at an outlet mall about 20 miles out of town. Of course the alarms kept going off but everyone was so busy they would just say go on, it does that all the time lol. Luckily I was able to talk someone at a store much closer to home into removing them once we discovered the problem.

I have, a long time ago. Can't remember how it was resolved, but did.

Are you currently sitting at your office watching online professional education courses to make sure you get your credits in before the end of the year? (6 hours of it I'm getting....over the next week or so....)

dan_bgblue
12-28-2017, 02:55 PM
No I am not. I completed the course hours back in Feb.

Do you have more than one television in your house?

BigBluePappy
12-28-2017, 03:53 PM
Yes - (2) people, five television sets.

Can you find all the remotes to your TV's?

Darrell KSR
12-31-2017, 04:52 PM
Yes - (2) people, five television sets.

Can you find all the remotes to your TV's?If my daughter is away at College, yes. If she is home, no. I don't know what happens when she's home, but they disappear.

Are your outside faucets covered or insulated in preparation for the hard freeze?

dan_bgblue
01-01-2018, 10:10 AM
No sir they are not, but they are all freeze proof models.

Do you subscribe to any print magazines or new papers?

Darrell KSR
01-01-2018, 08:41 PM
Birmingham News, but only 2 or 3 days a week. I rarely read it.
Wall Street Journal during the Fall.
Birmingham Business Journal weekly.
Birmingham Magazine monthly.
Sports Illustrated (my son, but I can sometimes read it since it comes to the house).
280 Living (local newspaper)
One Voice (weekly Catholic newspaper)
Alabama print newsletter concerning court decisions and legislation.
Alabama Lawyer monthly magazine.
Probably a few more. I'm old school. Still like print publications to hold in my hand and read. Oh, and my daughters get those trash magazines like People or US or something, I dunno. I see those from time to time.

Do you have any DIGITAL subscriptions to newspapers or magazines online?

blueboss
01-02-2018, 12:26 AM
Not anymore, I find I either don’t have the time to read them on regular basis, or I don’t take the time to read them.

Have you already got your Christmas decorations taken down... including outside ?

Darrell KSR
01-17-2018, 10:52 PM
Not anymore, I find I either don’t have the time to read them on regular basis, or I don’t take the time to read them.

Have you already got your Christmas decorations taken down... including outside ?

Yes. Now. Wouldn't have been when you asked, though.

Have you broken any New Year's Resolution yet?

KSRBEvans
01-18-2018, 09:58 AM
Yes. Resolved not to take my phone to bed and scroll through stuff before sleep. I think it lasted a day.

Have you ever installed a doorknob? (I'm working up the courage to try. Has me a little intimidated.)

BigBluePappy
01-18-2018, 11:30 AM
Yep. Installed the one in the picture in the other thread.

Have you recently put your foot so far in your mouth that you have to undo your fly to trim your toenails?
I did recently.
I called a lady, sir. That is something that is a byproduct of the stroke. Doesn't happen often but when it does, oh boy. Lady was working at a counter, slightly large and with a mustache, and I called her sir.

Darrell KSR
01-18-2018, 11:41 AM
Yes. Resolved not to take my phone to bed and scroll through stuff before sleep. I think it lasted a day.

Have you ever installed a doorknob? (I'm working up the courage to try. Has me a little intimidated.)

It's already been answered, but I've probably installed 10. I promise, I am the LEAST "handy" guy on the board. As long as the door knob fits the already-cut hole, you're good. Everything else is drag-and-drop easy. Sometimes I've had to fiddle a little with the placement of the strike plate to make sure the latch goes in easily, but that's easy, too.

Darrell KSR
01-18-2018, 11:44 AM
Yep. Installed the one in the picture in the other thread.

Have you recently put your foot so far in your mouth that you have to undo your fly to trim your toenails?
I did recently.
I called a lady, sir. That is something that is a byproduct of the stroke. Doesn't happen often but when it does, oh boy. Lady was working at a counter, slightly large and with a mustache, and I called her sir.

Did you notice it immediately and correct it, or allow her (him) to correct it? Details!

I can't recall RECENTLY putting my foot in my mouth terribly, but it has happened so often in my life that it just sort of is like water off a duck's back to me now, so I may have forgotten.

Do you use a notebook/legal pad/stenographer's book/something like that regularly to do a manual "to do" list?

BigBluePappy
01-18-2018, 08:05 PM
Did you notice it immediately and correct it, or allow her (him) to correct it? Details!

I can't recall RECENTLY putting my foot in my mouth terribly, but it has happened so often in my life that it just sort of is like water off a duck's back to me now, so I may have forgotten.

Do you use a notebook/legal pad/stenographer's book/something like that regularly to do a manual "to do" list?

Backstory: After my stroke the one lingering effect is not being able to say a word when I want to. I can think of it, visualize it, even write it down. After a little bit, I can read it. One of the first phrases I said to Grammy when she asked what I wanted for lunch at Olive Garden, I said Soup, Salad and Umbrellas instead of Soup, salad and breadsticks. Other than that I am back baby and Praise God and then some. But along with that I will say Ma'am to a fellow and Sir to a lady. It doesn't always happen but boy with this lady, Grammy was with me and she politely said, "Honey, you called this lady, sir."
And when I went to apologize and explain, all Hell broke loose. She advised us that "that was alright, she knew what I meant." Proceeded to get real nasty. I advised her that whatever she perceived, that was not the case and I tried to apologize, again.
She wouldn't hear it, so I said believe me Ma'am, I did not intend it as a slight and started to walk on away. She said something charming, I did not hear or care to, but Grammy did...well, it didn't end up to well for the young lady. Let's just leave it at that ...glad I don't get on Grammy's bad side too often...

Darrell KSR
01-25-2018, 09:10 AM
Interesting story, Pappy, and in the grand scheme of things, it's "sand." Something unimportant. (It's the old story of the mason jar, filled with golf balls and sand.)

Repeating my question to get the thread going again-- Do you use a notebook/legal pad/stenographer's book/something like that regularly to do a manual "to do" list?

Catfan73
01-27-2018, 07:33 AM
I make to-do lists all the time, usually just on scrap paper because I have to destroy the evidence before Mrs. Catfan sees how much I didn't get done.

Have you ever gotten tired of people posting pictures of their kids on facebook just to get attention?

Darrell KSR
03-16-2019, 01:18 PM
I make to-do lists all the time, usually just on scrap paper because I have to destroy the evidence before Mrs. Catfan sees how much I didn't get done.

Have you ever gotten tired of people posting pictures of their kids on facebook just to get attention?No. But only my wife has Facebook, so there's that.

Had you forgotten about this thread?

Catfan73
03-17-2019, 10:36 AM
Completely.

Have you begun any spring yard work like trimming shrubs, fertilizing, mulching, etc?

dan_bgblue
03-17-2019, 01:07 PM
Lord no I have not. It is still going to snow again before spring. Our weather never really settles into a springlike pattern until after Easter.

Did you ever purposely start a fire using a magnifying glass as the source of ignition?

Darrell KSR
03-21-2019, 12:14 PM
Yes, but it has been many years. At least, my old memory seems to remember doing that. Hasn't happened in years, though.

Have you mowed your lawn yet this year (mine is in desperate need of it--not grass mowing, but weeds, apparently. No, my home will never be the showcase lawn...)

blueboss
03-22-2019, 09:33 AM
No, haven’t mowed yet, however I am going to fertilize this weekend.... I know, I Know, when you fertilize you have to mow more, counter-productive.

Have you ever been cooking/grilling and dropped something on the floor/ground either going on or coming off and still served it?... without mentioning it?

dan_bgblue
03-22-2019, 10:55 AM
No

The food dropped after or during grilling belongs to the cook at my house.

Do you have an operating aquarium in your house?

KentuckyWildcat
03-22-2019, 09:21 PM
No

Wish I did, but do not want to take care of it.

Is anyone else just now seeing or remembering this thread for the first time? (I am apparently)

CitizenBBN
03-25-2019, 11:57 PM
Yes. Forgot about it.

Anyone want to help me finance the purchase of a bar? Yes I know this is putting the fox in charge of the hen house.

dan_bgblue
03-26-2019, 09:47 AM
How much are palm fronds going for these days?

Darrell KSR
03-26-2019, 04:18 PM
Yes. Forgot about it.

Anyone want to help me finance the purchase of a bar? Yes I know this is putting the fox in charge of the hen house.No.

I had two friends who hit a large plaintiff class case. They had more money than sense, so they thought they'd open up a bar. Thought they'd save on their own bar tab.

I formed the legal entity and helped them with miscellaneous agreements. In the end, as bar owners, they were great lawyers.

It was a very cool place, though.

Been to a new restaurant or bar lately?

blueboss
03-26-2019, 05:55 PM
Yes. Forgot about it.

Anyone want to help me finance the purchase of a bar? Yes I know this is putting the fox in charge of the hen house.

I think we need to seriously consider a weed dispensary. That’ll eliminate the “kid in the candy store” syndrome (at least for me) all the while making a boat load of money.

dan_bgblue
03-27-2019, 09:42 AM
Been to a new restaurant or bar lately?

Yes. Blaze pizza. Just OK IMO, wife really liked it.

Does your immediate family own a pick up truck?

Darrell KSR
03-27-2019, 12:28 PM
Yes. Blaze pizza. Just OK IMO, wife really liked it.

Does your immediate family own a pick up truck?

No, 3 SUVs (down from 4) and a van, but no pick up truck. Would like one some day.

Do you (or have you in the past) counted your daily steps?

blueboss
03-27-2019, 02:29 PM
No, 3 SUVs (down from 4) and a van, but no pick up truck. Would like one some day.

Do you (or have you in the past) counted your daily steps?

Yes, everyday via my Fitbit and Fitbit app.

Have you ever posted on KSR while at work sitting in a meeting??

Darrell KSR
03-28-2019, 11:13 AM
Yes, everyday via my Fitbit and Fitbit app.

Have you ever posted on KSR while at work sitting in a meeting??

I want to hear your answer, but for me, no. While "listening" to my wife? Sure. :)

Have you bought something recently that exceeded your expectations?

blueboss
03-28-2019, 02:00 PM
I want to hear your answer, but for me, no. While "listening" to my wife? Sure. :)

I actually typed that question while working yesterday, I don’t recall ever making a response in a meeting, but I’m sure I’ve read thread pieces while in a meeting.

Catfan73
03-31-2019, 06:50 AM

My iPhone 7+. My son had been trying to get me to switch from androids for a couple of years and finally did. This thing is awesome!

Have you ever woken up with half of one of your eyes blood red? I did last Sunday and it’s just now starting to look a little better. I’m going to miss freaking people out with it.

Darrell KSR
03-31-2019, 12:23 PM
I don't think I have, at least not that I remember. I have awakened before with both eyes swollen shut, where I could barely peeking out after apparently rubbing my eyes while grilling shrimp. Of course, I have a shellfish allergy. I thought I had been careful. Hard to be careful enough.

Have you filed your tax return yet?

dan_bgblue
03-31-2019, 01:51 PM
I do not know. We decided to use Avenatti's CPA this year