PDA

View Full Version : NYC - $13 a pack for smokes

Darrell KSR
08-29-2017, 10:42 AM
Wow.

http://cbsn.ws/2wlorh0

Wish my Mom had lived in New York. Could not have afforded her smoking and still been with us.

For my smoking friends (I ask you all to stop, but it's your choice), is there a price that would get you to stop smoking?

CitizenBBN
08-29-2017, 11:46 PM
Is this price gouging? You can probably by them cheaper in Houston right now.

At that price surely people will look to move away from it, but the drug addicts with $300 a day habits prove that there is no price to get people off of something to which they are really hooked.

blueboss
08-30-2017, 04:41 PM
Maybe NYC could trade water to Houston for cigarettes...

You're welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PedroDaGr8
09-02-2017, 03:44 PM
Is this price gouging? You can probably by them cheaper in Houston right now.

At that price surely people will look to move away from it, but the drug addicts with $300 a day habits prove that there is no price to get people off of something to which they are really hooked.While it does affect current addicts some, as you said addicts will do what they can to feed their addiction. This is more about preventing new smokers from starting. It makes it, in essence, cost prohibitive for most teens even if they find someone to buy it for them.

kingcat
09-02-2017, 03:48 PM
I've found that an avid smoker will reluctantly vary his intake to match his financial situation and/or lung capacity. That distinguishes his unmistakable addiction slightly ;)