PDA

View Full Version : It's Game Day!

Darrell KSR
08-26-2017, 07:56 AM
I woke up early, excited that futbol has returned.

My 16-year old son's first fall state league game is this afternoon. Futbol, of course, being soccer.

Probably more excited today than usual because I haven't seen the team at all this fall. They have two new strikers, and lost a terrific player to another club, so it may be an adjustment. With a 16-year old, I no longer "have" to drive him to and from practice, getting there early "accidentally" to observe the last few minutes or even get lucky as they are scrimmaging another team. Although son never liked Dad at practice (well, at least for the last few years as he got older), he was OK with that 5-10 minutes from around the corner - not too close - in the interest of making sure I wasn't late.

We host Mobile this afternoon. Weather looks good. Have video camera charging. Thanks to Dan, I have my Go-pro clone from Yi ready to go up on a light tripod. Thanks to KentuckyWildcat, I have video software arriving today so my son can use the video for zoomed and cropped clips.

I won't be able to get there an hour early to set up as I've done in years past, since son will drive to get there for warm ups while we make a more timely arrival, but I will get there early with the excuse of setting up.

Son is a junior in high school, so these days are coming to an end sooner rather than later. Amazing how fast time goes.