PDA

View Full Version : Get Out of Jail Free Card: What is your driving speed now?

Darrell KSR
07-06-2017, 12:28 PM
Now let's turn the table a quarter-turn. Previously we discussed how fast we "normally" drive on an interstate highway, reasonable highway conditions, good weather, etc. Many/most seem to fall in that up to +9 over PSL category, but bigsky made a post that made me think of a related, but different question.

This time, we're going to ask what speed you would drive if you--and only you--were given a free pass, where you would not be given a speeding ticket, no insurance costs, and would not even be pulled over. You're driving a magic car that is immune from police authorities pulling you over.

Same conditions:

Interstate highway in good repair.
Good weather.
Reasonable traffic--not heavy, not light.

Don't worry about the speed limit. We're asking here what speed you would drive, period, under those situations. (Basically, I'm asking what speed do you think is SAFE for you to drive, not the speed you'd drive to be free from tickets and insurance hikes).

Here we go....

KSRBEvans
07-06-2017, 01:04 PM
I'd probably drive about the speed I drive now. So, 65 in a 55, 80 in a 70, etc. I really don't feel safe going faster with other traffic around me.

Now if I'm someplace like the Western Kentucky Parkway and there's no traffic around...probably 20 over, like 90 in a 70.

Doc
07-06-2017, 03:08 PM
If the road is open....90 is fine. Of course its dependent upon traffic. Look at places like the Autobahn. Slow traffic to the right (if not you can be ticketed), get over for cars going faster, etc.

Darrell KSR
07-06-2017, 03:54 PM
Interstate highway in good repair.
Good weather.
Reasonable traffic--not heavy, not light.

If you're on a computer, as opposed to a phone, be sure and vote the speed as well.

blueboss
07-06-2017, 05:44 PM
Reasonable traffic 80-90, light traffic 90-100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MickintheHam
07-08-2017, 04:11 AM
I'd drive the same way I drive now.....85-90. If road is completely clear I'd wind it out to 100-110.

badrose
07-08-2017, 05:57 AM
I went with 80. I could go with 90 or more but not sure how long I could maintain it.