PDA

View Full Version : I'm 4-4!

CGWildcat
06-25-2017, 08:41 AM
Most of you know I was a medic in the Coast Guard. Clinic, emergency, schoolhouse, hanging out of helo's to go help. During my career I had 3 patients I correctly diagnosed as onset of appendicitis. Within 24 hours they were in surgery. The 3rd one, we were way out to sea, heading toward Puerto Rico. The Captain didn't share my same opinion of his Operations boss having appendicitis. Luckily I was able to talk the CO into seeing it my way. Miami launched a helo, that had to refuel on some small island just to get to us. A few hours later, he was lifted off the ship and into surgery back in Miami with a softball sized appendix about to rupture.

Then this past Monday night, I felt a pain. Really hurt, lower left side. Took Tuesday off, and noticed the pain was now on right side. Went to work Wednesday with more pain, but thinking, "eh, I'll be fine." Drove home, the 90 minutes it takes and suggested to the other half, we may want to go to ER now. By midnight, Wednesday, going into Thursday, I was under the knife.

Recovering well, looking for work closer to home, and missing my camera trips. I'm 4-4!

badrose
06-25-2017, 09:00 AM
Wow! Glad that was a good ending. Funny how people just have a knack for some things.

truecatsfan
06-25-2017, 07:26 PM
Hope for a full recovery. God Bless.