PDA

View Full Version : Walmart to cut health benefits to new PT employees

ColonelSteve
12-01-2012, 09:39 AM
It's about to hit the fan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/01/walmart-health-care-policy-medicaid-obamacare_n_2220152.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

CitizenBBN
12-01-2012, 02:23 PM
As predicted by everyone who was trying to explain the disaster of Obamacare.

Obama will be fine with it. In the long run it moves more people under government control and he'll want tax increases to cover it.

Doc
12-01-2012, 03:19 PM
IMO---Good for them. After the last election, my philosophy is every man for himself. If the employee's don't like it, tough "crap". The government wants to take from the job providers then there is no doubt they are going to cut benefits. It's LOGICAL. The liberals started this war.

Doc
12-01-2012, 03:27 PM
The company has said the scheduling system improves flexibility and efficiency. But in recent interviews with The Huffington Post, several workers described their oft-changing schedules as a source of fear that they might earn too little to pay their bills. Many said they have begged managers to assign them additional hours only to see their shifts cut further as new workers were hired.

You see these tears? They are crocodile tears. Way I see it, all these people voted FOR the democrats and after all "elections have consequences". Live with it!

Anybody who did not see this coming is an idiot, which includes all those people in the administration who pushed this pile upon us. I've said it before and will again. Expect unemployement to go DOWN because companies will hire more people, cut hours so the majority of their work force is PART TIME. When you make the cost of doing business so expensive that its not profitable to continue as you were doing business, you change how you do business. Companies will save thousands if not millions of dollars by doing this. To expect them not to is idiotic.

cattails
12-02-2012, 06:44 AM
I have known this was coming from when Obama took office, Obamacare is the destruction of our country as we have always known it. People just can't understand why everyone can't have the same wealth, health care, house etc etc. I have a friend who himself all his brothers and sister grew up in the projects. One owns a chanin of Sub Ways, my friend owns a private business, some of the others are doctors, laywers or married same. Point is they all came out of the gutter to be successful. My friend is younger than I am and used to work for me (short period of time), but now owns rental homes as well as his business. My point is this used to be the land of opportunity, now it is the land of the free/hand outs. If you think we have seen the effect of Obamacare, wake up, it is only getting started. Those of us that are old enough it won't have as much of an effect, the next generations will be the ones that pay. As I get my boys ready to take over my business I tell them to get completely out of debt, don't think vacations, think debt free, both are just about there. Then build liquid capital to run the business and at that point I can think about retiring. The she it is hitting the fan, better to be behind the fan and not in front.

jazyd
12-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Love how Doc does not mince words LOL, same in person. And he is correct, this is what Obama and the democrats wants, tough luck. All those idiots voted for him, they get what they sewed.

You see these tears? They are crocodile tears. Way I see it, all these people voted FOR the democrats and after all "elections have consequences". Live with it!

Anybody who did not see this coming is an idiot, which includes all those people in the administration who pushed this pile upon us. I've said it before and will again. Expect unemployement to go DOWN because companies will hire more people, cut hours so the majority of their work force is PART TIME. When you make the cost of doing business so expensive that its not profitable to continue as you were doing business, you change how you do business. Companies will save thousands if not millions of dollars by doing this. To expect them not to is idiotic.

jazyd
12-03-2012, 12:25 PM
After 4 more years of his crap, I dont' know if the country will ever be able to recover or wil have the will to recover. The real health care crisis is coming soon, when 30% or there abouts of good doctors say the heck with it, we are out. and the remaining good ones will look at new medicare patients and say, sorry not taking any new medicare patients thanks to Obamacare.

I have known this was coming from when Obama took office, Obamacare is the destruction of our country as we have always known it. People just can't understand why everyone can't have the same wealth, health care, house etc etc. I have a friend who himself all his brothers and sister grew up in the projects. One owns a chanin of Sub Ways, my friend owns a private business, some of the others are doctors, laywers or married same. Point is they all came out of the gutter to be successful. My friend is younger than I am and used to work for me (short period of time), but now owns rental homes as well as his business. My point is this used to be the land of opportunity, now it is the land of the free/hand outs. If you think we have seen the effect of Obamacare, wake up, it is only getting started. Those of us that are old enough it won't have as much of an effect, the next generations will be the ones that pay. As I get my boys ready to take over my business I tell them to get completely out of debt, don't think vacations, think debt free, both are just about there. Then build liquid capital to run the business and at that point I can think about retiring. The she it is hitting the fan, better to be behind the fan and not in front.

cattails
12-08-2012, 07:46 AM
After 4 more years of his crap, I dont' know if the country will ever be able to recover or wil have the will to recover. The real health care crisis is coming soon, when 30% or there abouts of good doctors say the heck with it, we are out. and the remaining good ones will look at new medicare patients and say, sorry not taking any new medicare patients thanks to Obamacare.

Sucks and is unreal , but true IMO

badrose
12-08-2012, 08:20 AM
PTers are lucky to get health benefits at all. The big issue is companies not creating more full-time positions because of the cost of Obamacare and the inability of PTers to get more hours because of how Obamacare defines full-time work. If an employee averages 32 hours a week over a period of time they automatically qualify for OC and employers are careful not to approach that number. You can't blame them for that. BO is an A-Ho.

jazyd
12-08-2012, 09:34 AM
And everything will be blamed on those mean evil corporations and people like Steve will continue to buy into it.

PTers are lucky to get health benefits at all. The big issue is companies not creating more full-time positions because of the cost of Obamacare and the inability of PTers to get more hours because of how Obamacare defines full-time work. If an employee averages 32 hours a week over a period of time they automatically qualify for OC and employers are careful not to approach that number. You can't blame them for that. BO is an A-Ho.