PDA

View Full Version : Sweet dreams tonight

KSRBEvans
06-15-2017, 06:06 AM
A Silver Spring woman was recently bitten by a venomous snake — in her bed

By John Kelly Columnist
June 14 at 6:23 PM 

When she was a little girl, Christie Kelly had a deep fear of being bitten by a snake. That made what happened the morning of May 30 all the more horrible.

Christie, a 24-year-old yoga instructor who lives in the Woodmoor neighborhood of Silver Spring, Md., was awoken from her slumber around 6 a.m. by a searing pain in the webbing between the thumb and forefinger of her left hand.

“I leapt out of my bed and turned on my light,” Christie told me on the phone from her bed at Holy Cross Hospital. “There was this huge snake in my bed.”

“Huge” is a relative term. Anacondas can grow to 18 feet long, as can Burmese pythons. The snake in Christie’s bed was a copperhead, which seldom get longer than three feet. But it was big enough. It had bitten Christie — twice, it turned out.

“It was the most painful thing I’ve experienced,” she said.

Christie’s screams woke her family, and her mom and dad ran down to her basement bedroom thinking she was having a nightmare. There was Christie, her hand already starting to swell from the venom. And there was the snake, still in her bed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/a-silver-spring-woman-was-recently-bitten-by-a-poisonous-snake--in-her-bed/2017/06/14/e623b7b6-5102-11e7-be25-3a519335381c_story.html?utm_term=.c4b4120c24aa

blueboss
06-15-2017, 01:50 PM
Washington Post. Are sure it wasn't a Trump advisor that bit her??

Seriously! That's terrifying a copperhead of all things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darrell KSR
06-15-2017, 02:47 PM
Yikes. Terrifying.

CitizenBBN
06-16-2017, 12:41 AM
Weird. Same thing happened to me about 5 years ago, though I was camping, was a copper head too.

After three days of agony, the snake died. :)

I guess I feel better about that mouse we had a month ago.

kingcat
06-16-2017, 04:45 PM
Weird. Same thing happened to me about 5 years ago, though I was camping, was a copper head too.

After three days of agony, the snake died. :)

I guess I feel better about that mouse we had a month ago.

http://www.latimes.com/includes/projects/hollywood/portraits/groucho_marx.jpg
"The greatest form of flattery"