PDA

View Full Version : Noel's Penalty: My Guess Is 5 Games...UL, Duke, the Elite 8, Final 4, Title Game

Darryl
08-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Seriously, I DO think he will miss some games.

5 or less and payback some money.

Any other guesses??

Darryl

dtalbersjr
08-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Wall missed 2 games for something similar. One exhibition and one real game. IF there's anything to it, I'd expect something similar.

The problem is, our first two real games are Maryland and dook.

CitizenBBN
08-22-2012, 07:44 PM
I predict

- Miss 4-5 games, 1 exhibition and 3-4 others
- It will be found all wrongdoing is tied to the Cuse
- UK will get ripped for cheating
- Cuse will walk

srini
08-22-2012, 07:45 PM
did noel take any unofficial to UK..? was it more than once..?

Darryl
08-22-2012, 07:51 PM
did noel take any unofficial to UK..? was it more than once..?

I am almost positive he took one to UK.

Darryl

Jeeepcat
08-22-2012, 07:55 PM
He did take 1 unofficial to UK. A lot of speculation at the time about how a kid takes all of these "unofficial" trips.

CitizenBBN
08-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Jeeep it was years ago when we were talking about Tubby's recruiting and so many guys were taking unofficials to other schools and we talked about how these kids, most of whom are far too poor to pay their way. It was always the AAU coaches etc. covering the bills and the question was why we didn't get those visits.

now that we're getting them suddenly it's a huge issue for the NCAA. When kids were making it to UNC 6 times a year on magic freakin' carpets we didn't hear a word about it. lol.

I've got one change I want: the school breaking the rules gets punished, not the school doing it right.

LakeCat
08-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Last time we were guessing how many games a UK signee would miss it was Kanter. Hope that isn't a bad omen but it is what it is, I REALLY do dislike the NCAA Gestapo.

Darryl
08-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Last time we were guessing how many games a UK signee would miss it was Kanter. Hope that isn't a bad omen but it is what it is, I REALLY do dislike the NCAA Gestapo.

Well, if it is any consolation, I predicted from day 1 Kanter would never play at UK. I think Noel will just be out several games for the things swirling.

We need the big fellow, obviously.

Darryl

Jeeepcat
08-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Jeeep it was years ago when we were talking about Tubby's recruiting and so many guys were taking unofficials to other schools and we talked about how these kids, most of whom are far too poor to pay their way. It was always the AAU coaches etc. covering the bills and the question was why we didn't get those visits.

now that we're getting them suddenly it's a huge issue for the NCAA. When kids were making it to UNC 6 times a year on magic freakin' carpets we didn't hear a word about it. lol.

I've got one change I want: the school breaking the rules gets punished, not the school doing it right.

;)

BudCat_upthecreek
08-22-2012, 11:02 PM
IMO there's no way he plays against Duke and this is one year I'm glad we don't play UNC 7-8 games in because with Emmert being UNC grad he'd not be eligible for that game either even if it were 10 games down in the schedule.

Hope it does turn out it was the trip to Cuse not KY and definitely hope the Harrisons weren't the ones who helped him out. That could be serious trouble for them knowing Emmert.

My hope and prayer is someone at PSU sues Emmert and forces the NCAA to can him, hope it happens soon too. He can't be gone soon enough for me, the man is an idiot on a mission.

jazyd
08-23-2012, 12:24 AM
Citizen, I remembered us talking about it, just coulnd't remember when it was, glad your memory is good. Someone is paying for all these 'unofficial' trips and not just to UK but all schools plus it goes on football on a much bigger scale.

dtalbersjr
08-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Mark Emmert is an idiot and is bad for college sports, but he is not a UNC grad. There are enough facts to bash him on, no need to just come up with things that aren't true.

Catfan73
08-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Mark Emmert is an idiot and is bad for college sports, but he is not a UNC grad. There are enough facts to bash him on, no need to just come up with things that aren't true.

Emmert is a graduate of Washington and Syracuse. He's only been NCAA president for 2 years so he wasn't in charge when Michael Jordan was passing out magic carpets. He was, OTOH, president of Washington when both Enes Kanter and Terrance Jones committed to UK. Ever since then, his actions betray an 'enemy of UK is my friend' kind of thinking.

BudCat_upthecreek
08-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Emmert is a graduate of Washington and Syracuse. He's only been NCAA president for 2 years so he wasn't in charge when Michael Jordan was passing out magic carpets. He was, OTOH, president of Washington when both Enes Kanter and Terrance Jones committed to UK. Ever since then, his actions betray an 'enemy of UK is my friend' kind of thinking.

Friend of mine told me Emmert had done grad work at UNC, I could be wrong just repeating what I was told so I want to make that clear. If I'm wrong I apologize.

I knew Emmert was at UDub when Kanter & Jones were at Wash. In fact he was made Pres just after the Jones deal.

Darrell KSR
08-23-2012, 06:31 PM
Mark Emmert didn't go to school at North Carolina, or work there. But he does have a connection to North Carolina.

When he was at U-Dub, he was heavily courted by North Carolina to take over there. They offered him a lot of money. He didn't take the job, ultimately going to the NCAA instead, but they were wining and dining him.

Who knows how far that went? I'm not saying it went any further than it should've; probably didn't. But there may be some "good feelings" that remain from the courtship.