PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow I Move to Versailles

elicat
05-30-2017, 07:41 PM
I haven't lived in central Kentucky since 1987. Tomorrow, I live there again. Lots of excitement and quite a bit of apprehension as well.

Late in mid-life, I've left the professorial and fundraising businesses and gone back to my first career as a Presbyterian minister. As of Thursday morning I'm going to be serving the church where Happy Chandler is buried in the cemetery. I think it's nearly the quintessential central Kentucky church. People who have been mentioned by name in the "Barber Shop" forum (and are not super popular there, I must admit) are members of the church. I do think it's a chance to make a difference, though. They have insane resources, which are underdeveloped. We ought to be able to make a lot of things better.

Big day, tomorrow.

dan_bgblue
05-30-2017, 09:05 PM
Congratulations on the move back to KY. I sincerely hope that you find your first calling filled with happiness and success. I hope the people of Versailles will welcome you and join you in your vision for using them to help others

Darrell KSR
05-31-2017, 12:18 AM
Best of luck, Elicat. They'll be lucky to have you.

blueboss
05-31-2017, 05:20 PM
Surprisingly there are a few really good restaurants in Versailles.

Good luck.... but I doubt you'll need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ribbonfish
05-31-2017, 06:11 PM
Lots of luck to you. Must be beautiful now around there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badrose
06-01-2017, 08:24 AM
Congrats, Eli. I know you'll do well.

MickintheHam
06-01-2017, 08:58 AM
I haven't lived in central Kentucky since 1987. Tomorrow, I live there again. Lots of excitement and quite a bit of apprehension as well.

Late in mid-life, I've left the professorial and fundraising businesses and gone back to my first career as a Presbyterian minister. As of Thursday morning I'm going to be serving the church where Happy Chandler is buried in the cemetery. I think it's nearly the quintessential central Kentucky church. People who have been mentioned by name in the "Barber Shop" forum (and are not super popular there, I must admit) are members of the church. I do think it's a chance to make a difference, though. They have insane resources, which are underdeveloped. We ought to be able to make a lot of things better.

Big day, tomorrow.

Good luck Eli. My son lives in Versailles and I spend quite a bit of time there. I have considered moving there or buying a second place to split my time. My son lives near then end of the bike path and I always take my bike when the weather permits. It is easier to get to downtown Lex from there than from Hamburg. The only negative about Versailles is the damn Kroger Store. They built a Walmart instead of a grocery.

jazyd
06-02-2017, 11:43 PM
Eli, you are in my prayers. I admire the fact that you are returning to the ministry. Remember the Bible and Gods word speaks the truth, not today's way of life. Preach Gods word, the truth of the Bible, especially to students. They hear and read so many wrongs 6 days a week, they need to hear what God says o n Sunday morning from their minister. If they don't hear the truth from you, eventually they will think the world is right, don't be afraid to teach them right from wrong

God Bless you and Protect you