PDA

View Full Version : Every Beetles song, ranked 1 to 188

Darrell KSR
05-29-2017, 08:28 AM
I'm not as big of a fan as many, but very interesting last and ranking.

https://usat.ly/2rafbwE

Doc
05-29-2017, 09:41 AM
interesting list. Can't agree with it 100% but then I guess I'm not suppose to. Tastes and preferences are different.

MickintheHam
05-29-2017, 02:54 PM
It is songs such as Octupus' Garden that keep me from believing the Beatles are the best of all time.

Doc
05-29-2017, 03:57 PM
It is songs such as Octupus' Garden that keep me from believing the Beatles are the best of all time.

I thought that song was ranked too low. I liked that song and felt it showed they didn't take themselves too seriously. IMO it shows that they had the ability to do something different and step outside.

CitizenBBN
05-29-2017, 06:27 PM
Great, now I have Beatles songs in my head.

Don't hate the Beatles, but not in love with them. 8-10 songs I like, I suppose the hype of it all wears on me more than anything they did.

Now ask me to rank every Clash song, that I can at least try. In fact that sounds like a fun thread if we could pick a format.

blueboss
05-29-2017, 06:29 PM
The most impressive thing about the list is the list... not the rankings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CitizenBBN
05-29-2017, 06:47 PM
It's a big list, but when I thought about it, I bet the Clash has about as many tracks by that criteria. Or Pink Floyd, though breaking up Pink Floyd albums into tracks really doesn't make much sense. You pretty much have to listen to the album, in order.

I will say that thinking about the Clash got them into my head instead, so I'm in a better place now.

MickintheHam
05-29-2017, 08:14 PM
I thought that song was ranked too low. I liked that song and felt it showed they didn't take themselves too seriously. IMO it shows that they had the ability to do something different and step outside.

Thay had a lot of songs that showed they didn't take temselves seriously. Octupus is plain bad.

I was glad to see Norwegian Wood was listed pretty high. There is not a lot of recognition for that song. And I would have had Rocky Raccoon in my Top 20. It was a great drinking song. White Album was fantastic.

uklandrn
06-01-2017, 11:29 PM
In My Life is my all time favorite song. It was the last song I played at Ron's funeral and the last song I played at my dad's funeral. My funeral will also have this song and my son Alec has already said he wants it played at his (hopefully 100 years from now!) In my eyes - it is the #1 song - but I will not quibble with it being #2.

Doc
06-03-2017, 04:54 PM
So XM radio is doing their "fab four" where listeners list their bestest 4 beatles songs. My fab four would be

Blackbird
Here Comes the Sun
With a Little Help From My Friends
Can't Buy Me Love

KSRBEvans
06-03-2017, 11:25 PM
I've seen these lists before and I think they're interesting to see where everybody's coming from.

I like songs like Octopus' Garden, Rocky Raccoon and Good Morning Good Morning. Shows they have a sense of humor. Even songs that rock out like Taxman and Drive My Car have a lot of wit.

My Fab 4 would be

Here Comes The Sun (my all-time favorite song--it sounds like spring to me)
Let It Be
And I Love Her
I Saw Her Standing There

CitizenBBN
06-04-2017, 12:44 AM
I'm no Beatles expert, but he has Maxwell's Silver Hammer at 148. If the Beatles wrote 40 songs worse than that one they definitely had a few klunkers. Everyone does, but man that's a bad song.

He liked Sgt. Peppers a lot more than I did, and liked Abbey Road a lot less than I did.

badrose
06-04-2017, 06:13 AM
I got hooked on them at the age of six. When I got to driving age I bought the 8-tracks that covered their biggest hits from '62 to '70. My buddies and I would sing along on road trips to Cincinnati to watch the Reds play.

Bakert
06-09-2017, 01:28 PM
A Day in the Life is not only the best thing the Beatles did, but one of the best things ever committed to tape.

To follow Doc's suggestion of top four:

A Day in the Life
Abbey Road Medley (yes, I know that's cheating)
Help
Get Back

Darrell KSR
06-12-2017, 07:38 PM
Where was Rupp Arena ranked?

uklandrn
06-18-2017, 05:34 PM
Citizen - I had to laugh at your comment on Maxwell's Silver Hammer - I find myself actually singing it at work most days lately. Mental health adolescent nursing is not for the faint of heart.