PDA

View Full Version : Gregg Allman Passes away at 69 today

dan_bgblue
05-27-2017, 03:32 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/05/27/gregg-allman-dead-singer-organist-for-allman-brothers-band-was-69.html

Doc
05-27-2017, 05:08 PM
Quite sad

kingcat
05-27-2017, 06:00 PM
A southern rock icon. Time finally caught the Midnight Rider.

MickintheHam
05-27-2017, 06:09 PM
For me Southern Rock was/is the greatest form of music of my generation. The fusion of rock, blues, and gospel music appealed to so many. Gregg Allman was at the epicenter. Very sad day.

blueboss
05-27-2017, 06:40 PM
Terribly sad news.

Quick Gregg Allman story. Back in the late 70's and early 80's I lived in Jensen Beach Fl. (down in Doc's neck of the woods) from time to time we'd water ski down the inter coastal to Jupiter Inlet to a restaurant bar there called Harpoon Louie's where we'd enjoy a liquid lunch. On two occasions that we made our excursion to the inlet bar we saw Greg Allman at the bar enjoying a liquid lunch as well.

We spoke pleasantries but not much more. We were told he had a farm in Jupiter and frequented the spot from time to time. We figured he was there getting over Cher, plus he was battling some pretty rude demons back in those days...

Anyway.... RIP Mr. Allman here's to liquid lunch at Louie's....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badrose
05-27-2017, 09:29 PM
Brothers and Sisters was one of the first albums I ever bought.

Doc
05-29-2017, 09:47 AM
Terribly sad news.

Quick Gregg Allman story. Back in the late 70's and early 80's I lived in Jensen Beach Fl. (down in Doc's neck of the woods) from time to time we'd water ski down the inter coastal to Jupiter Inlet to a restaurant bar there called Harpoon Louie's where we'd enjoy a liquid lunch. On two occasions that we made our excursion to the inlet bar we saw Greg Allman at the bar enjoying a liquid lunch as well.

We spoke pleasantries but not much more. We were told he had a farm in Jupiter and frequented the spot from time to time. We figured he was there getting over Cher, plus he was battling some pretty rude demons back in those days...

Anyway.... RIP Mr. Allman here's to liquid lunch at Louie's....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You still see Dickey Betts around here every so often. The guy I play guitar with knows him.

suncat05
05-30-2017, 09:34 AM
Midnight Rider with the Neville Brothers and Bonnie Raiit is one of my favorites.
The Allman Brothers was one of many in that era of music that was enjoyable, entertaining, and unique in that time in history.