PDA

View Full Version : Very cool Roger Moore story...

Darrell KSR
05-24-2017, 08:35 AM
Man, how I love this story.

KSRBEvans
05-24-2017, 11:50 AM
I read that a couple of days ago and thought it was awesome.

I don't assume that people who seem nice in front of the camera are actually nice away from it. But it's cool to read about someone who really was that nice.

RIP.

CitizenBBN
05-24-2017, 09:02 PM
He did a lot of work for UNICEF, and by all accounts was a very decent and giving person, who really felt a commitment to that cause.

I have a strong affinity for stars who are self-deprecating, and he was well known for it. I always loved Jack Benny for it, all the of the jokes were on him. It's also very British, Benny Hill being another example of a guy who made a career out of always being the butt of his own joke. Moore never took himself too seriously, and I always liked that about him.

Also, given my age, he was my Bond. Connery was there but he was the "other Bond" for my generation. The first Bond film that I remember as a kid was Live and Let Die, his first and IMO still one of the most enjoyable. Craig's movies are far more "real", but I still find myself watching the 70s movies every time they come on TV.

that's a cool story, and I've seen a few others out there since he passed. Seems like a really good guy.

kingcat
05-24-2017, 11:32 PM
He'll always be "The Saint" to me.

Good bye Simon!

badrose
05-25-2017, 09:50 AM
WAY too cool! Awesome story.

Darrell KSR
05-25-2017, 10:58 AM
Read it again this morning, and made me smile again.

ukblue
05-25-2017, 10:26 PM
Jane Seymour was a gorgeous young woman opposite Moore in one of the Bond movies. Maybe the most beautiful of the Bond girls. Nice story.

ShoesSwayedBlue
05-27-2017, 03:13 PM
What a great story!

blueboss
05-27-2017, 07:46 PM
Man with the Golden Gun is currently on the MGM channel. Roger Moore with Brit Eckland/ Mary Goodnight.

Followed by Die Another Day Pierce Brosnan and Halle Berry/Jinx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CitizenBBN
05-27-2017, 08:11 PM
I liked Live and Let Die and Man with the Golden Gun quite a bit. The Spy Who Loved me was also up there, but it trailed off after that IMO.

I can watch any of the Connery or Moore films, and Daniel Craig is maybe the best Bond of all, but I can't watch the others.

badrose
05-27-2017, 09:06 PM
I liked Live and Let Die and Man with the Golden Gun quite a bit. The Spy Who Loved me was also up there, but it trailed off after that IMO.

I can watch any of the Connery or Moore films, and Daniel Craig is maybe the best Bond of all, but I can't watch the others.

I agree on Moore's last three. I fell asleep watching two of them at the theater. After the Bourne movies, the Bond franchise had to up their game and Craig was a great choice.

CitizenBBN
05-27-2017, 09:14 PM
They had to get away from the campy nature of the 60s and 70s bond films. They were fun and successful, but people want something more gritty and "real" feeling now. Craig gave them that but still having some swagger.

CGWildcat
05-28-2017, 10:52 AM
That's a great story!