PDA

View Full Version : Soooooo...

Thedonnie123
08-12-2012, 10:48 PM
For those of us still in the dark, what went down to cause the move?

PJ4UK
08-13-2012, 06:15 PM
For those of us still in the dark, what went down to cause the move?

There is discussion about it in several places. The site is opened up to everyone for now, so browse the premium board. Not a lot of details, but there is some info out there to find. Basically, it was irreconcilable differences between scout and the site management, so we had to find a new home.

KSRdallen
08-13-2012, 09:29 PM
The new home has a great feel to it. The mobile interface is fantastic on the iPhone and iPad. That in of itself was worth the move! All in all the new home is awesome.

Thedonnie123
08-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I found it after some digging.

I love the new site. 80%+ of my viewing is on an iPhone, so this is waaaaaaaaay better.

Darrell KSR
08-13-2012, 10:19 PM
The new home has a great feel to it. The mobile interface is fantastic on the iPhone and iPad. That in of itself was worth the move! All in all the new home is awesome.

I'll also add it's great on an Android phone and a Blackberry Playbook tablet, too. Have spent probably 14 hours on the site today, and a good 5-6 hours were on mobile platforms. That is amazing (to me).

Darrell KSR
08-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Yeah, I found it after some digging.

I love the new site. 80%+ of my viewing is on an iPhone, so this is waaaaaaaaay better.

I'm not that high a percentage, but I bet on normal days, it's about 50%. Even on light days, it has to be 20%. Even on Scout, I still did 20-30%, and it was awful there.

KSRdallen
08-13-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm not that high a percentage, but I bet on normal days, it's about 50%. Even on light days, it has to be 20%. Even on Scout, I still did 20-30%, and it was awful there.

I gave up on my iPhone at Scout. On my iPad Safari was tolerable. This site is fantastic on both.

badrose
08-14-2012, 09:04 AM
I feel like a dinosaur here. I still use a desktop primarily for everything. If I'm at work I'll get my updates on my droid. My monitor is actually a 26" flatscreen TV and much easier on my eyes.