PDA

View Full Version : Fire Tablet Comparison? Help?

Darrell KSR
05-07-2017, 07:31 PM
I just bought this the other day. Being delivered Monday:

Fire Tablet with Alexa, 7" Display, 16 GB, Blue - with Special Offers
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018Y225IA/ref=ods_tab_ps_frdupsll

Thought it was a good deal, $60. Figured my wife would be able to play Candy Crush on it (I checked).

So today I see a special deal, today only (by the time anyone sees this, the special may be over):

Fire HD 8 Tablet with Alexa, 8" HD Display, 16 GB, Black - with Special Offers
https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Amazon-Fire-HD-8-8-Inch-Tablet-8GB/dp/B018SZT3BK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494203075&sr=8-1&keywords=fire+tablet

It's $65, normally $90. So $5 more for the upgrade.

Other than it being a larger display (8" rather than 7"), any thoughts on why I should get this and return the other?

Note--my wife specifically asked for the smaller size tablet for portability when I bought the first one for her, so I'm not sure she'll like the slightly larger one. Plus it won't fit in her whatever-the-heck the girly-girl case is with the flowery stuff all over it or whatever that she likes. So I'm going to need more selling points than just "larger display."

CitizenBBN
05-07-2017, 08:22 PM
Nice to know there's a woman out there who doesn't always think bigger is better....

Darrell KSR
05-07-2017, 08:23 PM
Nice to know there's a woman out there who doesn't always think bigger is better....
I brainwashed her.

She just told me that she really doesn't want this one, so don't worry about my question.

Darrell KSR
05-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Couldn't help it.

Read up on it a little. 12-hour battery life alone was worth the extra $5. Dual speakers, better display. Neither is good with RAM, but 1.5gb RAM instead of 1.0gb.

I'll tell her later.

MickintheHam
05-08-2017, 11:36 PM

"Objects in the mirror are larger than they appear"