PDA

View Full Version : Final exams over, grades turned in

Darrell KSR
05-02-2017, 12:35 AM
Another semester in the book. I think I passed :).

My last final was tonight from 5-7pm, so I'm pretty pleased I got all the grades in by 12:30 a.m. tonight.

Daughter decided (finally) on a college last night, as today was the last day to accept scholarship offers. It's to a school she had never heard of a year ago. Funny how life works, isn't it?

Son's soccer season ended a week ago, and tryouts for various soccer club teams begin this coming Sunday. Are you serious? And then soccer camps, college ID camps, etc.

Meanwhile, daughter's graduation is coming up, and I still owe myself a colonoscopy and a rotator cuff surgery.

My 83-year old Dad is buying this red convertible (I don't THINK the blonde comes with it. His wife may object). Is it possible for him to have a mid-life crisis at 83? I guess that means at 56, I still have one to go, right? Cool.

I need to buy another car. My daughter's car is fine for the 300 miles she drives a month on it around town. Just spent $650 on it getting stuff done to keep it running well for my son to "inherit" so he can do the same, drive back and forth to school and soccer practice. She'll need something reliable to take her to and from school, I guess. It's not horribly far, less than 3 hours away, but still...anybody have any great, reliable (inexpensive) cars? Not like the one above, please? She's short and likes how her Jeep sits up, so I'm thinking a small SUV--maybe a Honda or Toyota?

Other than that, life is pretty normal.

KSRBEvans
05-03-2017, 02:38 PM
Sounds like the usual controlled chaos in the Cartwright household. ;)

If you're thinking "Baby SUV," I think I'd look at the ones you're considering: Honda CR-V or Toyota RAV4. Maybe throw the Ford Escape into the mix and also a Subaru crossover like the Forester.

Darrell KSR
05-03-2017, 05:52 PM
Not sure I would call it "controlled," but the chaos is about right, all the time.

Thanks for the baby SUV suggestions. That's along the line of my thoughts right now.

PedroDaGr8
05-03-2017, 06:19 PM
Have an old Honda CR-V, they have their annoyances but if you do your regular maintenance they run like tanks.

CitizenBBN
05-03-2017, 08:53 PM
Darrell, seriously I have some vehicles coming up in auctions that may fit the bill. One is my own Honda Accord. Not an SUV but I need to sell it, it's been sitting b/c we really don't need it. My mother bought a new SUV and gave me her CRV to park and use, so I don't need the Accord. I'm sure it will need a little deferred maintenance but it only has 50K miles or so on it.

Anyway, your post reminded me I need to get it sold. Have a small pickup and an Accura coming up too.

Didn't mean to get off on the auction part, and I'm sure you can find something local that fits the bill better, but I did want to second Pedro's comment on the CRV. We're keeping the 200K miles CRV b/c it's so useful, selling the 50K Accord. They also run forever, Hondas do that, but the CRV carries more and that's what we need when not using our fun cars.

jazyd
05-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Darrell, seriously I have some vehicles coming up in auctions that may fit the bill. One is my own Honda Accord. Not an SUV but I need to sell it, it's been sitting b/c we really don't need it. My mother bought a new SUV and gave me her CRV to park and use, so I don't need the Accord. I'm sure it will need a little deferred maintenance but it only has 50K miles or so on it.

Anyway, your post reminded me I need to get it sold. Have a small pickup and an Accura coming up too.

Didn't mean to get off on the auction part, and I'm sure you can find something local that fits the bill better, but I did want to second Pedro's comment on the CRV. We're keeping the 200K miles CRV b/c it's so useful, selling the 50K Accord. They also run forever, Hondas do that, but the CRV carries more and that's what we need when not using our fun cars.

Citizen, what year is the Honda? Color and how much you want?

CitizenBBN
05-03-2017, 10:43 PM
Citizen, what year is the Honda? Color and how much you want?

I need to look up the year, I want to say 2005 but I'm not really sure. it's that gold/beige tone Honda loves. I haven't even looked up book on it yet, I just keep not getting to it. I will though and I'll get it to you.

It's the cobbler's kids story. I never sell anything of mine I need to sell b/c I'm too busy selling stuff for clients.

Darrell KSR
05-04-2017, 10:09 AM
lol Chuck. That sounds like a very good car. My daughter is 5'1, and really likes cars where she sits up high on the road. I kinda like that, too, so I'm going to keep looking for something similar to your accord, but in a SUV type setting, preferably where I can almost-win one in a lottery the price is so low :).

I actually went through my list of kids and their cars to see if anybody could use the accord, and (knocking on wood), I don't think we could. If I were a little more comfortable with a 20-year old Jeep with 200,000 miles on it, I'd get an accord for my son, but I just can't get there. Plus he will enjoy driving the Jeep; it's a little more man-sportsy kinda vehicle for him anyway.

Keep me apprised on what comes through. I'm not necessarily looking today, but I need it sometime in the next 3 months, before she goes off to school.

CitizenBBN
05-04-2017, 08:06 PM
I'll keep you posted. Don't want to turn this into an auction ad, but I do get some good "find" vehicles in from estates. Looked at one today I may get that might fit the bill too, but don't know if it's in the estate yet or not.

Darrell KSR
05-05-2017, 09:42 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it. I checked with my daughter and she definitely prefers something that sits up high. I like the old reliable Hondas and Toyotas, so those SUVs will be my first look.

jazyd
05-05-2017, 10:38 PM
I need to look up the year, I want to say 2005 but I'm not really sure. it's that gold/beige tone Honda loves. I haven't even looked up book on it yet, I just keep not getting to it. I will though and I'll get it to you.

It's the cobbler's kids story. I never sell anything of mine I need to sell b/c I'm too busy selling stuff for clients.

I like the miles but it's actually older than my wife's Accord. But glad to know you get in vehicles from estates. Might come in handy, especially if you get a Suburban newer than 2002 with less than 352000 miles :)

blueboss
05-05-2017, 11:45 PM

What's the scoop on the Acura? Model? Year? Miles? Etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MickintheHam
05-07-2017, 04:35 AM
Sounds like the usual controlled chaos in the Cartwright household. ;)

If you're thinking "Baby SUV," I think I'd look at the ones you're considering: Honda CR-V or Toyota RAV4. Maybe throw the Ford Escape into the mix and also a Subaru crossover like the Forester.

I drive a 2013 Subaru Crosstrek XV. I have been as satisfied with that vehicle as any I have owned. It is a great handling AWD. I believe it has a lot more usable space than the CR-V or the RAV.

CitizenBBN
05-07-2017, 11:34 AM
What's the scoop on the Acura? Model? Year? Miles? Etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly don't know the details. We're waiting on duplicate titles to get them so we can sell them.