PDA

View Full Version : Another armed gunman on a college campus

Doc
11-29-2012, 01:10 PM
This time at FL Atlantic (breaking as we speak) (http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Florida-Atlantic-University-Website-Reports-Armed-Intruder-on-Boca-Campus-181406621.html). My daughter goes to school there but is home now as she finished classes yesterday and no finals until next week. No reports of gunfire or injuries but again, breaking as I type.

CitizenBBN
11-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Doc just to clarify, this is an armed robber as opposed to a lunatic randomly shooting people.

Student was armed at gunpoint outside a classroom building at 1pm. perp wore a ski mask.

Since this is on the barber shop I'll point out that I'll bet $10 this was in a "gun free zone". Eventually people will figure out criminals don't observe the rules really well.

CitizenBBN
11-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Also REALLY glad your daughter isn't on campus. Sounds like they've put the campus on lockdown while they try to find the guy, who is probably long gone.

Doc
11-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Doc just to clarify, this is an armed robber as opposed to a lunatic randomly shooting people.

Student was armed at gunpoint outside a classroom building at 1pm. perp wore a ski mask.

Since this is on the barber shop I'll point out that I'll bet $10 this was in a "gun free zone". Eventually people will figure out criminals don't observe the rules really well.

At the time I posted there was little info, still little info, so whether it was a armed robber or random lunatic wasn't available. Only available information was that there was an armed individual on the Campus and in building 9 which is right across the street from my daughters dormatory

CitizenBBN
11-29-2012, 08:30 PM
I understand Doc, figured when you posted there may not have been any idea other than someone with a gun running around.

Glad she wasn't there. Any update on trying to find him?

jazyd
11-29-2012, 09:57 PM
Glad your daughter is safe at home Doc.

Darrell KSR
11-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Glad your daughter is safe, Doc.