PDA

View Full Version : Phone Repair Help

blueboss
04-13-2017, 04:42 PM
The sensitivity of my phone screen, specifically when accessing my phone has been giving me problems.

For instance, I can't access the speaker, mute, dial pad or anything after dialing a number.

I went to the ATT store and let them take a look. The guy took it out of the case and immediately found the problem. The glass is separating from the phone.

I think I remember seeing a post here in the past that explained how to replace a broken glass. My glass isn't broken it just needs to be reattached.

I still am using a 5s iphone( I like the size). Anybody know how to reglue the glass back down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dan_bgblue
04-13-2017, 06:42 PM
I wish these tutorials were done better but most of them on line are about replacing the entire $200.00 screen and not just the glass. I hope one of them is of some help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFJT5F_53CA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yu7HpzQU2I

Darrell KSR
04-13-2017, 07:26 PM
$200 is about the cost of a new iPhone 5s. Maybe a little less.

PedroDaGr8
04-13-2017, 11:06 PM
The sensitivity of my phone screen, specifically when accessing my phone has been giving me problems.

For instance, I can't access the speaker, mute, dial pad or anything after dialing a number.

I went to the ATT store and let them take a look. The guy took it out of the case and immediately found the problem. The glass is separating from the phone.

I think I remember seeing a post here in the past that explained how to replace a broken glass. My glass isn't broken it just needs to be reattached.

I still am using a 5s iphone( I like the size). Anybody know how to reglue the glass back down?

Unfortunately, this is a REALLY REALLY difficult repair. It is often more cost effective replace the whole LCD, digitizer and glass in one fell swoop. Truthfully, you might be better off going on a site like Swappa and picking up a great quality iPhone 6 instead. I see a few in Good condiition (which is the first step down from Mint) for $210-225 range.

blueboss
04-20-2017, 03:08 PM
I think I mentioned this on another thread, but the ATT guy told me to go to the Genius Bar at the Apple Store and plead my case.

Apple replaced the phone for free... wrote it up as a battery defect.

KeithKSR
04-25-2017, 04:18 PM

Had my daughter's IPhone 5S screen repaired for about $70. Bought a new replacement screen on eBay, paid a local guy $35 to install the new screen.

blueboss
04-26-2017, 11:06 PM
Had my daughter's IPhone 5S screen repaired for about $70. Bought a new replacement screen on eBay, paid a local guy $35 to install the new screen.

Next time try the Apple Store... they replaced my phone no charge. I've had it for almost 4 years and there was zero warranty left on it. Since I am a loyal customer they waved the replacement cost.

While I was there a guy brought his phone in with a shattered screen and they repaired it in house. They told him it'd take about two hours and I think they said $75.