PDA

View Full Version : Rondo ends his assist streak because of a fight in 1st half

ColonelSteve
11-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Oh my god...seriously? He had tied John Stockton for 2nd all time and was 9 behind Magic Johnson last time I heard...as soon as I find a video I'll link it

Boston Celtics ‏@celtics

Kris Humphries, Gerald Wallace and Rajon Rondo are all ejected with 29.5 seconds in the half after altercation under Boston's basket.

ColonelSteve
11-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Like the sound of it though...sounds like he won...

Not Bill Walton ‏@NotBillWalton

Goodness gracious Rondo ethered Kris Humphries' soul like Nas did Jay-Z. Just completely dismantled and defecated on his manhood.

ColonelSteve
11-28-2012, 07:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tfsCWY6WpDU

Darrell KSR
11-29-2012, 08:33 AM
Some (Jeff Goodman) might criticize Rajon Rondo for that. I believe it speaks well for him.

He came to the defense of a teammate. He had his teammate's back--even in the face of it costing him an NBA record. How unselfish is that?

I have to believe this speaks volumes and has more team benefit than a personal individual record (albeit with the help of teammates scoring). I know I'd want a guy like that on my team.

Doc
11-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Some (Jeff Goodman) might criticize Rajon Rondo for that. I believe it speaks well for him.

He came to the defense of a teammate. He had his teammate's back--even in the face of it costing him an NBA record. How unselfish is that?

I have to believe this speaks volumes and has more team benefit than a personal individual record (albeit with the help of teammates scoring). I know I'd want a guy like that on my team.

We are going to disagree on this. IMO it was not that big of a foul. It was a relatively hard NBA foul but nothing more. Yes, a foul but no bad intent on Humphries part, plus Garnett played it up a bit in order to insure a foul was called. However I'm not a "got your teammates back person" because all Rajon did was escalate the situation and ultimately hurt his team. Plus last time I looked, Garnett was a big boy who didn't need somebody to have his back. Realistically I don't see anything "unselfish" at all. I doubt RR even considered the record before he acted like an idiot (which is what he did IMO)

I can also pretty much guarantee that were this not a former UK player, say a dukie or UNC-CH player, most on this board would be throwing the terms "punk", "thug", etc out there. (Not saying you would but am saying that were this somebody else, we as a fan base would be up in arms). This isn't the first time Rajon did something this dumb and he is starting to build a reputation of being this way.

Darrell KSR
11-30-2012, 04:20 AM
Well, I hope he didn't consider the record before he did it. If he weighed his options first, that would make me think less of the act.

I think in the locker room, KG appreciated his actions, as well as his teammates. Doesn't matter "if" KG could've handled himself or not; it is the action of having the teammate's back that is important. If I am correct that they viewed it that way, then not only do I want a guy like that on my team, so do his teammates.