PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Barris dead

badrose
03-22-2017, 08:11 AM
Television innovator.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/chuck-barris-dead-dies-gong-show-host-1202013790/

Darrell KSR
03-22-2017, 08:29 AM
Wow. It's funny, when I saw that Chuck Berry died the other day, I immediately thought of Chuck Barris before realizing I was thinking of the wrong person.

Krank
03-22-2017, 08:49 AM
Wow. It's funny, when I saw that Chuck Berry died the other day, I immediately thought of Chuck Barris before realizing I was thinking of the wrong person.

Elvis Presley and Elvis Costello are also different people.

Just trying to anticipate your next bout of confusion, lol.

Anyone see that film that Clooney made about Barris, and the rumors that he was secretly doing "work for the government", all while producing The Dating Game and The Gong Show?

The title is escaping me at this moment, but I found it to be a pretty good movie, mostly because of the idea being strangely intriguing.

Krank
03-22-2017, 09:26 AM
Okay, I remembered the Barris film made by George Clooney... "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind"... check it out if you are so inclined...

here is the IMDB page for the film...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0270288/

KSRBEvans
03-22-2017, 10:20 AM
Maybe now we'll finally find out whether he was a CIA assassin. :poke:

KentuckyWildcat
03-22-2017, 08:13 PM
At first I wondered if I read the thread title wrong or not. Then I was wondering if Chuck Berry was still alive. I'm glad someone else was confused.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Krank
03-22-2017, 09:54 PM
At first I wondered if I read the thread title wrong or not. Then I was wondering if Chuck Berry was still alive. I'm glad someone else was confused.

As was mentioned in the Chuck Berry thread, he will never die, in a sense, due to his music being the only definitive rock and roll included on Voyager I, which is "now" outside of our Solar System, effectively, which means Voyager is likely going to outlast Planet Earth, which means, if ever discovered by intelligent life forms, he will be listened to for, possibly, BILLIONS of years.

I doubt Gene Gene the Dancing Machine can live up to that, lol.

CitizenBBN
03-22-2017, 10:57 PM
As was mentioned in the Chuck Berry thread, he will never die, in a sense, due to his music being the only definitive rock and roll included on Voyager I, which is "now" outside of our Solar System, effectively, which means Voyager is likely going to outlast Planet Earth, which means, if ever discovered by intelligent life forms, he will be listened to for, possibly, BILLIONS of years.

I doubt Gene Gene the Dancing Machine can live up to that, lol.

I just hope they don't like him so much they come here to take over and have us listen to his music as we strip mine or planet for our new overlords.

Wow this thread has taken a turn.

CitizenBBN
03-22-2017, 10:58 PM
Maybe now we'll finally find out whether he was a CIA assassin. :poke:

I assume that's where the unknown comic idea came from, one of his cia disguises.

Krank
03-22-2017, 11:10 PM
I just hope they don't like him so much they come here to take over and have us listen to his music as we strip mine or planet for our new overlords.

Wow this thread has taken a turn.

OOPS, was I supposed to be more somber?

!!!!!GONG!!!!!

FWIW, Hawking is down with your Alien Doomism... and I get it, meaning the most foolish notion is imagining that we can effectively imagine-- AT ALL --what might happen if ACTUAL contact with ETI were to occur, thus we categorize general scenarios (e.g. as if ranging from War of the Worlds types to Contact types, perhaps?), make extraordinarily bad movies about "outer space" over and over again, and we attempt to deny the ultimate difficulty for contact to even happen... AT ALL.

I ain't a skeert of no aliens... IMO, if they're smart, they could give a spit about us.

blueboss
03-25-2017, 02:54 PM
Not a good week to have the initials CB with the first name being Chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CitizenBBN
03-25-2017, 07:44 PM
Not a good week to have the initials CB with the first name being Chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is kinda weird that Chuck berry and Chuck Barris both died within a week of each other.