PDA

View Full Version : Let's all take a moment to laugh at Louisville for a minute

ColonelSteve
11-27-2012, 07:27 PM
National sportswriter Mark Blaudschun is reporting that Louisville is a single vote shy of receiving the 3/4 approval necessary to warrant an invitation to the ACC.

This falls in line with earlier reports that Louisville had pulled ahead of Connecticut in the race to become the ACC's newest member.

There are 11 ACC voting members, which means Louisville needs nine votes to hit 3/4. Now nothing official (or unofficial) has been released about which schools are voting a certain way, but the overwhelming word (INTERNET REPORT!) is that Duke, Wake Forest, Virginia and North Carolina are the four league members who have been against U of L at various points during the realignment discussions.

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2012/11/27/3699718/report-louisville-one-vote-shy-of-landing-acc-invite

(This came across another Twitter account...not visiting Lil Bros crap)

blueboss
11-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Begging suits them

ShoesSwayedBlue
11-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Those are IMO the four best universities academically in the ACC. It's no wonder that they don't want a commuter school in their conference.

ColonelSteve
11-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Apparently the Commissioner is gonna make them vote again...theyve called a press conference for Wednesday at 7AM...and apparently it's gonna be on whether they are taking Louisville...or nobody at all

http://www.accsports.com/blogs/david-glenn/2012112714123/acc-will-vote-on-expansion-wednesday-morning.php

SalsaKat
11-27-2012, 10:58 PM
To quote our own CitizenBBN: Louisville or nobody, isn't that redundant?

SalsaKat
11-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Others are saying the commish wouldn't bother to get them together if they didn't already have the votes. And honestly, congrats to them if it happens. Jurich has them in a position that they deserve better than what the Big East is about to become, seriously. And, annual Pitino/Duke games...

Badinage
11-28-2012, 05:53 AM
They should take UL. Congrats to them. This is good for their sports and academics.

CatinIL
11-28-2012, 07:18 AM
Laugh at them for a moment? I laugh at them all the time... :sHa_dielaughing:,

SalsaKat
11-28-2012, 10:00 AM
They should take UL. Congrats to them. This is good for their sports and academics.

Good for Louisville's sports and academics? Cause I don't see it as a great boon to the ACC's academics. In fact, between FSU and UL I think the ACC just needs to stop with their academic superiority nonsense. And with UNC and Duke they should probably stop with their moral superiority nonsense. Really the ACC needs to just STFU in general and take their bijillion dollar sports moneys like the rest of us.

Badinage
11-28-2012, 10:59 AM
FSU's academic standing has reportedly increased since joing the ACC. If there is a correlation, this could be good news for UL.

SalsaKat
11-28-2012, 11:48 AM
So, just to be clear, why are we laughing at Louisville again? For bettering their situation by getting out of their existing grease fire of a conference?

Catonahottinroof
11-28-2012, 12:52 PM
There is some rumor afloat that the B1G has been in talks with UNC-CH and UVa.
Before all is said and done the ACC may be a reconstituted Big East.
UL didn't have the votes to get in until NC St reversed its position.

I'll have my popcorn out to see how it unfolds as the SEC has an eye on ACC institutions to complete the It's footprint.

catmanjack
11-28-2012, 04:17 PM
ACC will be gutted before long and UL will be left holding the bag again.