PDA

View Full Version : I've applied for a new job!

okiecat
11-27-2012, 02:19 PM
At this mid-to-late point in life (I'll be 59 next month) I applied for a job at our local technology center (formerly vo-tech). The benefits are great, I'll be making a little more $, and in addition to 11 sick days, 3 personal days, and some vacation accrual, they also get off all Lawton Public School holidays. At my present job I earn 180 hours year PTO, but have to use it for all holidays, etc. At any rate, they called me for an interview and I go in this Friday at 2:00. As I understand there were quite a few applications submitted, I am glad to have made it to the interview stage.

Darrell KSR
11-27-2012, 03:12 PM
I was going to tell you that you just missed; Stoops got your position ;).

Good luck, okie!

okiecat
11-27-2012, 03:18 PM
I was going to tell you that you just missed; Stoops got your position ;).

Good luck, okie!

I thought about applying, but we UK fans are way too picky and I'm not up for the grief!

bigsky
11-27-2012, 10:03 PM
Just remember, your objective at the interview is to get an offer. Don't hesitate to express your enthusiasm and desire for the job.

And good luck!!

jazyd
11-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Will keep you in my prayers Okie

CitizenBBN
11-27-2012, 10:33 PM
The CIA has an opening. How do you feel about overthrowing foreign regimes?

MickintheHam
11-29-2012, 05:29 AM
Good luck Okie!

suncat05
11-29-2012, 08:21 AM
Hey okie........just hold out for Mitch's job. It may be coming open sooner than we think.

MickintheHam
11-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Hey okie........just hold out for Mitch's job. It may be coming open sooner than we think.

It may be sooner than we think, but for damn sure it's not sooner than it needs to be.

jazyd
11-29-2012, 11:04 PM
I know one thing, she couldn't do any worse than what is up there now.

The CIA has an opening. How do you feel about overthrowing foreign regimes?

okiecat
12-05-2012, 07:57 AM
Well, I didn't get the job. My friend who works there had told me the interviewers were "highly impressed" with me and I think that may have given ma bit of false confidence. At any rate, I just believe that the applicant who needed the job the worst got it. I'm perfectly okay knowing that I'm where God wants me for the time being.

CGWildcat
12-05-2012, 12:36 PM
What an awesome attitude!!! Sorry you didn't get the job, and I'm sure it's disappointing but it's good to see you are grounded enough to understand.

Well, I didn't get the job. My friend who works there had told me the interviewers were "highly impressed" with me and I think that may have given ma bit of false confidence. At any rate, I just believe that the applicant who needed the job the worst got it. I'm perfectly okay knowing that I'm where God wants me for the time being.

jazyd
12-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Good attitude my friend, as long as you put your trust in Him, you will be fine and maybe someone that needed it more did indeed get it.

uklandrn
12-07-2012, 08:41 AM
You have always had the best attitude okiecat! I am sorry you didn't get the job but I pray you continue to trust in God that you are where you need to be. It's nice to see so many people I recognize on here. Hope all is well!