PDA

View Full Version : We Need A Coup d'etat

CattyWampus
11-27-2012, 07:57 AM
We need a coup, not against the government, but against the media, all media, including right-leaning media. In election2012, there was well over one billion dollars spent by the campaigns of the candidates. That was nothing compared to the value of what the media did. Obama received billions of dollars worth of free advertising and promotion, just by how the media chose to present "the news". People "know" what they "know" by what they read, by what they hear, and by what they see. The media, by and large, have been on Obama's bandwagon since before the 2008 election. They have openly and actively supported and protected Obama. They openly and actively attacked Romney. They openly and actively attacked Republicans in Congress. The average voter still thinks that if they see it on TV or if they read it in the local newspaper, it must be true. As everyone on here knows, that's simply not the case.

Whether you consider yourself a Tea Partier or just someone who believes in smaller, smarter government, it's imperative that we find a way to break through the filter of the media. On a level playing field, the R's can beat the D's, and they certainly can beat the Marxists. People who consider themselves Conservative outnumber those who consider themselves Liberal by a margin of two to one. Unfortunately, those who we consider clueless, outnumber us all. Of course, those on the left are quick to paint any conservative as fringe or worse yet, extreme. They can do that because the media not only allows them to do that, but also participates in it. Every gaffe from an R, whether real or perceived, get's front page coverage or becomes a talking point on TV, yet a real gaffe by a D rarely receives a mention by the media. For instance, Richard Mourdock's comment about abortion of a fetus that was conceived by rape, received ten times more coverage than the loss of four Americans in Benghazi. That's but one of dozens of instances where the media controlled and framed the issues.

If we have any chance of restoring the Republic, we must find a way of overcoming and defeating the media. Some how, some way, we must find a way of minimizing the media's impact on politics. The media won Election2012. We can't allow that to happen again.

DanISSELisdaman
11-27-2012, 09:06 AM
I couldn't agree more. The problem is that the media is not held accountable for telling the truth and until that changes, this country will suffer. Their duty should be to report the news as it happens, not fabricate it or twist it to fit their agenda.

CitizenBBN
11-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Agreed. Hard to have an open and objective discussion when 90% of the media all vote for the same candidate and cherry pick their reporting to help him.

Could anything be more obvious than CBS not immediately releasing footage disproving Obama's claim about his calling Benghazi a terror attack? That's not the first selective editing that was done in his interviews either.

The Left will never admit it but the mainstream media is working hand in hand with their agenda. As an editor at the Washington Times once said, it isn't a conspiracy, it's worse. It's consensus.

They don't sit around coordinating, they just are all liberals and report everything through that filter. though there has been some evidence of coordinating in this election.

CattyWampus
11-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Agreed. Hard to have an open and objective discussion when 90% of the media all vote for the same candidate and cherry pick their reporting to help him.

Could anything be more obvious than CBS not immediately releasing footage disproving Obama's claim about his calling Benghazi a terror attack? That's not the first selective editing that was done in his interviews either.

The Left will never admit it but the mainstream media is working hand in hand with their agenda. As an editor at the Washington Times once said, it isn't a conspiracy, it's worse. It's consensus.

They don't sit around coordinating, they just are all liberals and report everything through that filter. though there has been some evidence of coordinating in this election.

Don't forget the JournoList getting outed in 2008. It was the first coordinated effort to destroy Sarah Palin. Once outed, they just changed the name and retreated into a deeper, darker place.

Of course, the MSM hasn't felt the need for being discreet. As an example, Brian Williams of NBC News declared (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/randy-hall/2012/11/20/nbcs-williams-election-over-its-once-again-safe-discuss-economy-jobs), "With the election now over, it is once again safe to talk abut the economy and jobs, Now that it is not a campaign issue, it's back to reality,”. Unfortunately, when it comes to the MSM, this kind of crap is the rule, not the exception.

Doc
11-27-2012, 11:42 AM
To me the most egregious inequity was Romney's 47% comment which received more than ample coverage yet Obama's comment to the Russian President about not having much latitude until after the election received little. But while I'm bothered about the bias coverage, I'm more bothered that the GOP didn't get the message out. Political messages are soundbites and there were many Obama / Biden soundbite that were ignored by the republican's and their candidates. Think back, how often did a Romney or GOP ad mention the downgrading of US credit? or the failure to have an actual budget? or his verbal slam on the Israeli prime minister? or his comments to Putin? or his failings as a leader during the BP oil spill? etc.....

jazyd
11-27-2012, 10:43 PM
I agree with Doc on this and the Citizen and Wampus on the media.

I would love for one day someone in the GOP to stand up in front of the mikes and say Obama/Biden/Reid are full of Sh.t, are all liars, and will do anything to keep their power even if it means ruining this country.

The GOP needs to learn to fight back, quit taking everything thrown at them, tell things like they are and quit soft stepping everything.

To me the most egregious inequity was Romney's 47% comment which received more than ample coverage yet Obama's comment to the Russian President about not having much latitude until after the election received little. But while I'm bothered about the bias coverage, I'm more bothered that the GOP didn't get the message out. Political messages are soundbites and there were many Obama / Biden soundbite that were ignored by the republican's and their candidates. Think back, how often did a Romney or GOP ad mention the downgrading of US credit? or the failure to have an actual budget? or his verbal slam on the Israeli prime minister? or his comments to Putin? or his failings as a leader during the BP oil spill? etc.....