PDA

View Full Version : I concur with this

badrose
02-22-2017, 07:55 AM
https://www.indy100.com/article/millennial-narcissistic-gen-y-narcissism-scale-study-7588141

I manage a men's clothing store in Pinehurst, NC. Had a guy come in the other day who appeared to be a younger millennial and he wanted a blue blazer. I walked over to pull one off the rack which fit him perfectly (I run about a 90% plus success rate for doing that. The 50+ sizes give me a little trouble because damn.) The guy then spends 45 minutes posing in front of the 3-way mirror and taking pictures of himself and calling people to get his affirmations and reassurances before purchasing. Even if I was prone to needing to do that I'd have been too embarrassed to go through with it. I get quite a few guys like that coming in and this one was, I admit, a bit more extreme, but I'm often pulled in to give my own assurances.

To me, this behavior goes against what it is to be a man. A real man shouldn't give a crap what others think. Self confidence is the most appealing aspect for anyone.

StuBleedsBlue2
02-22-2017, 09:17 AM
I still, and always will, think boomers are the most narcisstic. At least millenials can admit it's a quality they possess. I've never seen a generation that wants more and more, blames others for their problems and looks down at other generations than boomers.

badrose
02-22-2017, 10:49 AM
At least millenials can admit it's a quality they possess.

Well, I would replace quality with characteristic. I don't see the heavy need for affirmation as a quality, but since you used it that way wouldn't that be a compliment to the boomers?

StuBleedsBlue2
02-22-2017, 12:50 PM
At least millenials can admit it's a quality they possess.

Well, I would replace quality with characteristic. I don't see the heavy need for affirmation as a quality, but since you used it that way wouldn't that be a compliment to the boomers?

Nope. Not much to compliment about Boomers.

Doc
02-22-2017, 04:47 PM
When thong shopping, I always send pictures to my wife for her approval prior to purchasing. Is that unusual?

suncat05
02-23-2017, 08:41 AM
When thong shopping? For her, or yourself?

badrose
02-23-2017, 09:00 AM

Doc has always been about the thong, presumably for himself and humor but who knows? :533: :evilgrin0007:

CGWildcat
02-23-2017, 11:24 AM
A little more perspective on our gentler generation.... I love following the Beloit College Mindset list each year....

https://www.beloit.edu/mindset/2020/

BigBluePappy
02-23-2017, 05:25 PM
"The Ali/Frazier boxing match for their generation was between the daughters of Muhammad and Joe."

Priceless...

Doc
02-23-2017, 10:01 PM

Don't knock it til you've tried it

suncat05
02-27-2017, 08:39 AM
Don't knock it til you've tried it

I'm a compression shorts guy myself.