PDA

View Full Version : If UCLA misses the tournament

chroix
11-26-2012, 12:44 PM
How bad does it hurt Shabazz's position in the draft and if so how much money does he lose as a result?

I posted a thread awhile ago about the potential value playing at UK and the exposure can add to building a players brand while in school, here is a case where the opposite can happen. This is an area that Cal is hands down the best in the business at and I could see some future stars being wary of playing for a coach who has a reputation for decreasing a players earning potential.

DanISSELisdaman
11-26-2012, 05:46 PM
chorix, I think it definitely hurts his draft position, unless he really blows up and play's head and shoulders above everyone else. How much money he loses would of course depend on how far down the list he goes. I think he will be a player that tries to pad his own stat sheet even at the expense of his team, but the pro scouts see through these things, so he could shoot himself in the foot if he refuses to play within the game plan.

catmanjack
11-27-2012, 10:28 AM
NONE, will not hurt.
What will make a difference is the pre draft workouts.

Darrell KSR
11-30-2012, 04:22 AM
Not that much, if at all. I've always felt that good teams, long runs in the tournament, etc. help the marginal player more than the marquee player. Might help a Darius Miller, but Anthony Davis was going to go # 1, even if UK lost every game in the season (much the same way that Davis' awful high school team did not affect his ranking coming into college). JMO.