PDA

View Full Version : Name an "app" that....

Darrell KSR
02-15-2017, 08:43 PM
We've posted some apps before that we liked, our favorites, etc. I thought it would be fun and possibly useful if we did this in categories instead, and gave a few days or more just to discuss that category. Then we could move onto the next category.

I see it like,

Name an app that you use that helps you stay on time.

Or

Name an app that you use that helps you keep track of some element of your finances (could be a bank app, or a budgeting app, or an expense tracker, or or or or).

I'll start it with the next post.

Follow the format:

A. Name of App: (name it and then describe its use).

B. Android or iOS: As described. Got a lot of both type of users, so let us know.

C. Cost: As described. Hey, some of us are frugal.

D. Rating: give us a star rating on a 5-star scale, 1 being awful, 5 being great. I have some on both ends of the spectrum, depending on the subject).

Darrell KSR
02-15-2017, 08:53 PM
1. Name an app that helps your ability to be organized. (to do apps, or whatever).

Here's mine.

A. App: Simple Mind Map Pro.

I think the free addition works fine, but I paid for it because I loved the app so much and it was worth it as a thank-you to the developer, plus it got rid of ads and did a few other things.

It does mind mapping, or a free-flowing type of flow chart. I use it when I open a file to help identify parties in the matter, identifying the adverse parties as well (if any) as my own clients, etc.

In addition, I use it as a quasi-outlining tool to go through what I will be doing on the matter, time frames, and the like.

I use it to create charts for soccer team rosters, basketball lineups, and really just about anything in life. You can print it as a PDF or JPEG, and make it in various styles, including free floating or specific organizational charting.

B. Android or iOS: It is an app on Android, but I think there is an iOS version as well.

C. Cost: The cost for the pro version was minimal, I believe less than $5.

D. Ranking: I would rank this five out of five stars.

PedroDaGr8
02-17-2017, 01:16 AM
Google Keep

Free on all platforms.

Works damn well for keeping lists and what not. I use it like a digital brain dump. Recipes have their lists, when I plan to take trips, everything I want to do goes in there, etc.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Darrell KSR
02-19-2017, 10:59 AM
Pedro, I tried Google Keep and kept getting confused with it. I use Google Reminders, which I guess is different. I do love looking at my phone at any time, and say, "OK google, remind me to call John tomorrow at 10 a.m." and it saves that reminder, sends me a phone notification, vibrates my Mi Fit wrist band to let me know I have a reminder, etc. But I've never figured out the Google Keep thing.

I think it sounds fantastic if I'd get un-confused with it.

KSRdallen
02-19-2017, 11:20 AM
Pedro, the big complaint in the reviews (for the iOS version) appears to be syncing across platforms. Is this an iCloud issue?

Google Keep

Free on all platforms.

Works damn well for keeping lists and what not. I use it like a digital brain dump. Recipes have their lists, when I plan to take trips, everything I want to do goes in there, etc.

PedroDaGr8
02-20-2017, 08:37 PM
Pedro, the big complaint in the reviews (for the iOS version) appears to be syncing across platforms. Is this an iCloud issue?
Shouldn't be an iCloud issue because Google stores use info on their own servers. I have had no issues going between android and the web version, I don't have any iDevices to test with though.

PedroDaGr8
02-20-2017, 11:45 PM
Pedro, I tried Google Keep and kept getting confused with it. I use Google Reminders, which I guess is different. I do love looking at my phone at any time, and say, "OK google, remind me to call John tomorrow at 10 a.m." and it saves that reminder, sends me a phone notification, vibrates my Mi Fit wrist band to let me know I have a reminder, etc. But I've never figured out the Google Keep thing.

I think it sounds fantastic if I'd get un-confused with it.
It's very different from a reminder app. Treat it more like you would a scrap board. With each item being like a scrap of paper that you can write on. Just dump whatever you want to remember and leave it in there. Allowing you the chance to go back to it later. Interesting articles, rumors you heard about Uk, etc. You can then search through and find things at a later date (sometimes much later, after you woke have long forgotten otherwise).