PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for the good people of Hattiesburg and Petal

Darrell KSR
01-21-2017, 02:02 PM
Tornado sweeped through early this morning and killed at least 4.

Have met many of them over the 11 years my daughters have competed in show choir. There are some big competitions there, and Petal High School has a terrific program with a lot of dedication to it. Good people.

Tornado path.

dan_bgblue
01-21-2017, 09:23 PM
You stay alert tonight. Bad stuff heading thru central Miss and lower Alabama right now all of it moving northeast. Nothing close to you right now, but there is potential later on this evening as the stuff in central Miss is tracking your way

Darrell KSR
01-21-2017, 09:59 PM
I see a tornado watch again tonight. Means I will keep my Xiaomi wristband on, as it vibrates for weather warnings during the night.

Darrell KSR
01-22-2017, 01:39 AM
Looks like the last of the possible severe weather just rolled through. Think I will shut off my bluetooth and get some sleep.

Darrell KSR
01-22-2017, 11:04 AM
11 more killed this morning from tornadoes in Georgia. Awful.

More bad weather today?

dan_bgblue
01-22-2017, 12:13 PM
Yup tornado warning jsut south of you moving northwest

dan_bgblue
01-22-2017, 01:54 PM
Looks like you are getting some heavy rains but the bad weather has moved on to the south and east of you.

Darrell KSR
01-22-2017, 01:56 PM
You're right about the rains. Windy, too, but nothing more than that now.

MickintheHam
01-23-2017, 09:13 AM
Had dinner with my daughter and future son-in-law last night. They had just driven back from Monroeville in South AL where they had spent the weekend. Most of his family lives there and near Hattiesburg. Lots of wind damage in the areas not directly affected by the tornadoes. Fortunately, all of his people were relatively unaffected.

The start of the UK women's game was delayed 25 minutes due to a tornado warning in Lee County. The unconfirmed tornado touched down in Opelika, just a few miles from the Auburn campus. A friend at the game said it was fairly hectic at the arena, but everyone took the warning in stride.