PDA

View Full Version : Game: When was the last time you...

Darrell KSR
01-12-2017, 08:19 PM
The rules of this game are easy. You ask a question about when the last time someone did something was, and next person will answer and ask a new one. You don't need to be absolutely specific. To start off...

When was the last time you shined your shoes/had your shoes signed?

BigBluePappy
01-12-2017, 08:28 PM
Shined my own, Saturday night prior to church.

When was the last time you had all your kids/grandkids with you?

UKFlounder
01-12-2017, 08:37 PM
Always, as I have non of either. :)

When was the last time you read a physical book from start to finish (e-books not included)?

Darrell KSR
01-12-2017, 09:56 PM
I probably shouldn't get back in the thread this quickly, but I figure an hour or so is fair game.

Physical book, cover to cover, I *think* was either 13 months ago or 25 months ago. I am not sure which Christmas I was given a hardback book to read, probably John Grisham, easy to read thing.

I probably read 20 e-books on my Kindle this year, possibly a couple more. Wow, has my life changed.

When was the last time you wound a watch, clock, stopwatch, or similar timing device? Electric, battery, solar power doesn't count, but a self-winder does if you manually wound it.

blueboss
01-13-2017, 12:19 AM
I probably shouldn't get back in the thread this quickly, but I figure an hour or so is fair game.

Physical book, cover to cover, I *think* was either 13 months ago or 25 months ago. I am not sure which Christmas I was given a hardback book to read, probably John Grisham, easy to read thing.

I probably read 20 e-books on my Kindle this year, possibly a couple more. Wow, has my life changed.

When was the last time you wound a watch, clock, stopwatch, or similar timing device? Electric, battery, solar power doesn't count, but a self-winder does if you manually wound it.

1976, a couple of years prior I received a gold pocket watch (Elgin) for my birthday. I quit carrying it and it was in a jewelry box that got stolen out of an apartment I lived in many years later.

Oh wait, I forgot we have an antique clock that requires winding both the pendulum and the gong. We moved it for Christmas decorating and since we moved it back I haven't got back in the habit of keeping it going. It lasts about 10 days.

When was the last time you rolled down a car window with the crank style window? To add to this, have you ever pulled up next to someone and you made the circular gesture with your hand indicating you wanted the person to roll their window down and they didn't understand what the gesture meant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KSRBEvans
01-13-2017, 09:32 AM
When was the last time you rolled down a car window with the crank style window? To add to this, have you ever pulled up next to someone and you made the circular gesture with your hand indicating you wanted the person to roll their window down and they didn't understand what the gesture meant?

The last time I remember rolling down a window with a crank was 1987. My vehicle at the time was a 1978 Chevy Vega which I'd held onto way too long. I was a starving law student at UK, but after the heat stopped working, the windows would ice up on the inside and it would overheat at every red light (you never saw a guy roll through so many red lights and stop signs in your life), I decided enough was enough and got a new-to-me VW Golf that had power windows.

When was the last time you cooked dinner, and what was it?

Darrell KSR
01-13-2017, 12:28 PM
Cooked dinner? Somebody else probably should chime in, but I cooked brats, hot dogs, and burgers a few weeks ago. If I'm not grilling, or paying at a restaurant, I'm not cooking. :)

On your question, but for fun--I rented an economy car from Hertz maybe four or five years ago. It was a Kia Rio. The windows were hand-cranked. I was surprised how easy and reliably they rolled up and down. I remember thinking that I had a window go out on a 2000 volvo, and it was $900 to fix it, and how much better I would have liked it if it had been hand cranked. (Recently spent another $300ish on a Jeep Grand Cherokee--1997--with most of that related to replacing, I think, the regulator or something on the passenger window). Give me a hand-cranked window, and I'll take it even on my car.

For the next question --

When was the last time you went for a drive in your car, to no specific destination, but just, "for a drive?"

UKFlounder
01-13-2017, 06:21 PM
Last time I went or a random drive was a few weeks ago. I had my still new car and played hookie from work, then went driving in an area I had not seen for a while, but near where I grew up. It did bring back a few memories.

When as the last time you used an actual typewriter instead of a printer or word processor?

dan_bgblue
01-13-2017, 07:03 PM
1985 for the typewriter. Was typing up agricultural articles for the local newspaper. Bought a Brother word processor and the typewriter went on the shelf.

When was the last time you used a public pay phone?

blueboss
01-13-2017, 10:30 PM
1985 for the typewriter. Was typing up agricultural articles for the local newspaper. Bought a Brother word processor and the typewriter went on the shelf.

When was the last time you used a public pay phone?

Late 90's the company I work for had a couple of them down on the floor in employee break room. I needed to make a call that couldn't be *69'ed. One of those pay phones is currently in my basement in my work shop.

When was the last time you saw someone hanging clothes outside on a close line?

MickintheHam
01-13-2017, 10:39 PM
When was the last time you saw someone hanging clothes outside on a close line?

Me 3 or 4 months ago. I hang all of my knit shirts outside whenever I have the opportunity. My HOA seems to have no rules against it. You won't see me hanging my undershhorts outside.

"She left the suds in the bucket and the clothes hanging on the line"

When was the last time you visited a person's grave, after the marker was set?

Doc
01-14-2017, 06:07 AM
My grandmother who died 3 years ago, and we visited my grandfather's grave next door..

When was the last time you took public transportation?

MickintheHam
01-14-2017, 08:55 AM
My grandmother who died 3 years ago, and we visited my grandfather's grave next door..

When was the last time you took public transportation?

The St. charles Streetcar in NOLA. Doc may have been on board.

When was the last time you took your kids to a movie?

Doc
01-14-2017, 09:10 AM
When was the last time you took your kids to a movie?

Would have been Xmas day, 2015.....Star Wars, the force Awakens

When was the last time you got a traffic ticket?

blueboss
01-14-2017, 10:23 AM
Would have been Xmas day, 2015.....Star Wars, the force Awakens

When was the last time you got a traffic ticket?

2005 Super Bowl Sunday I-64/ 264 in Louisville racing from my parents house to a Super Bowl party in Nawbany

When was the last time you threw a frisbee?

Darrell KSR
01-14-2017, 10:56 AM
I threw a frisbee at the beach this summer. Have one of those heavy ones that are meant for frisbee golf that works well in the very windy conditions that sometimes occur at the beach, as opposed to the lightweight ones that are pretty much unusable in wind.

When is the last time you put something in your "at home" mailbox, and lifted a flag on the mailbox to tell the mailman (woman?) there was mail being sent out?

BigBluePappy
01-14-2017, 11:38 AM
Tuesday morning.

When was the last time you had home made ice cream. No cheating had to be a hand crank, not an electric model...

dan_bgblue
01-15-2017, 11:47 AM
Probably 45 years ago at my Grandmothers on her back porch in July. Always made ice cream at the family reunion which always happened in July, and the kids always were assigned to turn the crank. When I got married we received a White Mountain electric and never looked back.

When was the last time you put a tape in an 8 track player?

blueboss
01-15-2017, 02:50 PM
Probably 45 years ago at my Grandmothers on her back porch in July. Always made ice cream at the family reunion which always happened in July, and the kids always were assigned to turn the crank. When I got married we received a White Mountain electric and never looked back.

When was the last time you put a tape in an 8 track player?

1978. When I checked into my dorm room the previous guy left an 8 track player with 3 tapes. Heart Dreamboat Annie, Traffic John Barleycorn Must Die, and Low Spark of High Heeled Boys.

When was the last time you've seen a slide rule let alone used one?

Darrell KSR
01-15-2017, 03:17 PM
I owned a slide rule, but I'm not sure I ever used it. Would've been sometime around 1978, graduating high school. I'm not even sure why I owned it, and I would love to know where it is today.

When was the last time that you ate something that you literally had to spit out, it was so bad?

Doc
01-15-2017, 10:13 PM
I owned a slide rule, but I'm not sure I ever used it. Would've been sometime around 1978, graduating high school. I'm not even sure why I owned it, and I would love to know where it is today.

When was the last time that you ate something that you literally had to spit out, it was so bad?

Last time my wife cooked..

Actually was about a month ago. Got some stuffed baked potatoes from Publix. I didn't realize the "stuff" was shrimp. I'm allergic to seafood. Three bites in I realized.

Last time you had general anesthesia?

Darrell KSR
01-16-2017, 08:29 AM
Doc, I'm also allergic to shellfish. Last time I had that "surprise" experience was with hot and sour soup that I had no idea contained shrimp.

General anesthesia, last was 30 years ago, during an intraocular lens implant. Went 17 years without seeing out of my left eye since being hit in the eye with a rock at age 26.

When is the last time you rode a bicycle?

dan_bgblue
01-16-2017, 01:21 PM
Last Christmas (a year ago). I took a test spin on my Grandson's 20 inch "mountain bike" after we assembled it. This qualifies if pedaling does not matter. Coasted down the driveway in a zig zag pattern, got off and walked it back.

When was the last time you played a game of checkers?

Catfan73
01-19-2017, 03:55 PM
The last time I played checkers was probably 6 or 7 years ago with my son in between video games. Now I want to dig out the dominoes.

When was the last time you tried a fruit or vegetable you'd never tried before?

UKFlounder
01-19-2017, 07:58 PM
I tried asparagus in the summer of 2015. Perhaps I had tried it years ago, in a time I don't remember, but I found out I had not been missing anything. Yuck!

When was the last time you hand-wrote a letter?

Darrell KSR
01-19-2017, 09:54 PM
This probably doesn't count, but last Wednesday, I attended an invitation-only event (lot of invitations given, but that's not the point.) I knew the four principals very well that were responsible, and I hand wrote a note to each of them, hand-addressed the envelopes, we put a stamp on it and mailed it.

I don't do that enough, and I'm striving to do that more this year.

For a letter, as opposed to a note--it would have had to have been when I was in school, and even then, I don't remember doing it. But that crawls all the way back to 1988, at the latest. I had a computer in 1987 (with a state of the art--cough, cough--9-pin dot matrix printer)--and typed letters mostly then.

A little along the same lines--when was the last time you got an ink stain (from a ballpoint pen, a gel pen, or a fountain pen?)

Catfan73
01-20-2017, 11:23 AM
I get ink stains almost daily since I'm always jotting down notes or making to-do lists. I could do it on my phone but there's something about a piece of paper and a good pen....

When was the last time you drove a vehicle with wing vents? I still miss them.

blueboss
01-21-2017, 09:31 PM
I get ink stains almost daily since I'm always jotting down notes or making to-do lists. I could do it on my phone but there's something about a piece of paper and a good pen....

When was the last time you drove a vehicle with wing vents? I still miss them.

Late 80's, my girlfriend had an 85 cabriolet...

When was the last time you flew a kite?

dan_bgblue
01-21-2017, 09:44 PM
I have always wondered why people are always telling me to go fly a kite when I do not even own one. Probably 25 years ago a the park with my daughter. Can't be more specific than that as far as years ago, but the last time I flew one was at the park with her.

When was the last time you left your house without locking the doors?

KSRBEvans
01-23-2017, 09:30 AM
^A week ago yesterday, accidentally. #1 son is back home and we're trying to get used to the routine. We now have 3 cars and a 2-car garage, so he parks outside. We went out the front door to get to his car and I forgot to lock it. Thankfully, no one came in while we were gone.

When was the last time you played a card game, with real playing cards (not online or an app)?

UKFlounder
01-23-2017, 04:23 PM
I played UNO against my 7 year old niece last year, with her usual "make up the rules as we go" strategy. :)

When was the last time you got into a fistfight?

badrose
01-24-2017, 10:55 PM
About 40 years ago at Ashland's Central Park. Was accused of assault and battery and my lawyer countered with terroristic threatening. They dropped the charges.

When was the last time you drove over 90 MPH?

Darrell KSR
01-24-2017, 11:25 PM
About 40 years ago at Ashland's Central Park. Was accused of assault and battery and my lawyer countered with terroristic threatening. They dropped the charges.

When was the last time you drove over 90 MPH?

About a month ago. I don't mean to, and I have a setting on a radar detector that tells me I'm over a limit when I go over 85, but I got caught passing a car, and it was (IMO) the safest thing to do to push ahead and move over, given traffic behind and other circumstances. I don't do it "normally."

I wanted to answer this one before CitizenBBN admitted to it in downtown Lexington. (And if you read this, you know you do.)

When was the last time you got on the roof of your house?

blueboss
01-25-2017, 06:49 PM
About a month ago. I don't mean to, and I have a setting on a radar detector that tells me I'm over a limit when I go over 85, but I got caught passing a car, and it was (IMO) the safest thing to do to push ahead and move over, given traffic behind and other circumstances. I don't do it "normally."

I wanted to answer this one before CitizenBBN admitted to it in downtown Lexington. (And if you read this, you know you do.)

When was the last time you got on the roof of your house?

New Year's Day to take down Christmas lights and clean the gutters for the third and last time.

I also would like to throw in a 90 mph answer... always on I-64 between Lexington and Louisville... doesn't everyone?

Anyway, when was the last time you ran through a sprinkler (on purpose)?

Darrell KSR
01-26-2017, 11:24 AM
Last summer, at an amusement/water park. That probably shouldn't count. You probably mean a lawn sprinkler. If that's the case, I'd have to say maybe four or five summers ago. We had one set up, and it seemed the thing to do at the time :).

When was the last time you grilled outside?

KSRBEvans
01-26-2017, 11:41 AM
I grilled outside back in December. Did a quick marinade for salmon filets in an Asian vinaigrette dressing I get at Trader Joe's, then about 5 minutes/side.

We're having a chili contest at work today, so let me ask: when was the last time you made chili? (And for bonus points, what's your basic recipe?)

dan_bgblue
01-26-2017, 01:03 PM
Chili made a week ago yesterday, and you ain't getting my recipe, although I will tease with it is Texas style.

When was the last time you locked yourself out of your car?

Catfan73
01-26-2017, 02:30 PM
Its probably been 30 years since I've locked myself out of my car. Learned that lesson pretty quickly. My wife on the other hand does it once or twice a year and just 3 or 4 months ago left her keys on the checkout belt at Kroger. The elderly lady behind her apparently thought they were here and even scanned her shopper's reward fob and took them home with her. We thought they were gone forever but she dropped them off after a couple of weeks.

When's the last time you made cornbread in an iron skillet?

dan_bgblue
01-26-2017, 03:23 PM
Is there another way to make cornbread?

Doc
01-26-2017, 04:41 PM
When's the last time you made cornbread in an iron skillet?

Never have

When was the last time you attended a PROFESSIONAL sports event?

CitizenBBN
01-26-2017, 09:43 PM

I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me. And incarcerate me. :) I'm not that bad, but if I get any extra money I'm going to get a custom tune, some lower control arms and a new exhaust and get another 50 or so horses out of her. Then I can take her to the drag strips and have some fun.

BTW I really like this game and want to play but I can't think of any good questions. I'll jump in if some come to me.

Darrell KSR
01-27-2017, 12:17 AM
Never have

When was the last time you attended a PROFESSIONAL sports event?
Off the top of my head, it was December 2014 at the Pelicans game in New Orleans. I've been to Team USA men and women soccer games since then, and they are paid, but I don't really think that is what you need here. No recent NFL games or PGA, which I usually manage to do semi-regularly, but not recently.

When is the last time you were in a car accident?

Darrell KSR
01-27-2017, 12:19 AM
I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me. And incarcerate me. :) I'm not that bad, but if I get any extra money I'm going to get a custom tune, some lower control arms and a new exhaust and get another 50 or so horses out of her. Then I can take her to the drag strips and have some fun.

BTW I really like this game and want to play but I can't think of any good questions. I'll jump in if some come to me.
Just answer a question and do what I do - just start the next question. By the time you type when, something will come to you. Mine are rather ordinary, but I enjoy hearing the answers.

KSRBEvans
01-27-2017, 07:45 AM
Off the top of my head, it was December 2014 at the Pelicans game in New Orleans. I've been to Team USA men and women soccer games since then, and they are paid, but I don't really think that is what you need here. No recent NFL games or PGA, which I usually manage to do semi-regularly, but not recently.

When is the last time you were in a car accident?

The day after Martin Luther King Day, 2013. I was driving to work and passing an on ramp when I suddenly felt something hit me in the right rear turning me out of control. I went off the right side of the road, overcorrected and somehow found myself perpendicular across 2 lanes of rush-hour traffic, but somehow no one else hit me. I was able to get my car off the road without further incident, but the other driver didn't stop. Very scary but thankfully not injured.

When was the last time you shot a basketball?

Doc
01-27-2017, 10:15 AM

December 21st 2016. I know because I messed up my back again. Started my recovery yesterday with 8 nerve blocks. It confirms that "burning the nerves" will work. So that happens in 2 procedures over the next 3 - 4 weeks.

When was the last time you travelled outside the North American continent?

TRUCKERCATFAN
01-27-2017, 11:47 AM
December 21st 2016. I know because I messed up my back again. Started my recovery yesterday with 8 nerve blocks. It confirms that "burning the nerves" will work. So that happens in 2 procedures over the next 3 - 4 weeks.

When was the last time you travelled outside the North American continent?

Since California seems like another planet to me, I'll say 2012. Truthfully I've only been out of the country once. Went to Cancun in 2006.

Hope your back gets better.

When was the last time you performed karaoke? What song or songs did you sing and were you too drunk to truly remember?

Doc
01-27-2017, 01:17 PM
When was the last time you performed karaoke? What song or songs did you sing and were you too drunk to truly remember?

My youngest brothers wedding, post rehearsal dinner party. The family sang Don McClain's "American Pie". He is now divorced (my brother, not Don McClain) and has a 16 year old kid so that tells you how long ago it was.

Doc
01-27-2017, 01:18 PM
When was the last time you bought an album, tape or CD (not downloaded music but rather the actual physical thing the music was on)?

dan_bgblue
01-27-2017, 02:54 PM

That is too big of a target. I generally shoot tennis balls and golf balls on a calm day

dan_bgblue
01-27-2017, 02:59 PM
When was the last time you bought an album, tape or CD (not downloaded music but rather the actual physical thing the music was on)?

I bought a mint copy including jacket of Abbey Road 2 weeks ago at a yard sale

I made cornbread in a cast iron skillet this past weekend

When was the last time you sharpened you favorite knife, pocket, hunting, or kitchen using a stone?

Darrell KSR
01-27-2017, 03:11 PM
Nice Abbey Road pickup, Dan.

I bought a Benchmade knife second-hand about six months ago, and sent it back to the company for sharpening and a general tune-up (new clip, etc.). Big thumbs up to the company for that generous work.

But if you don't mean somebody else doing it (and for all I know, they use machines, anyway; I just trusted them to do it--especially since the blade is partially serrated), then I sharpened a Boker automatic knife via sharpening stone only about a year ago. I don't do it often. I like the looks of the Boker, and I "play" with it because it's a "switchblade" of sorts and makes me feel like I'm a tough guy.

[P.S.-Dan, I bet you hand-sharpened something more recently. If you get a chance, let me know.]

When was the last time you made an audio recording of something (not video on your TV)?

dan_bgblue
01-27-2017, 05:00 PM
Yup. I use this Japanese double sided water stone. 1,000 grit and 6,000 grit on opposite sides. Then for the final finish a 10,000 grit diamond stone, made in America followed by a leather strop for a few licks to eliminate the last fine burs. I have been sharpening my knives since I was a youngin and can not stand to work with a dull one. Dull tools get one hurt while sharp ones rarely do. Downside to the sharp tools is that if one screws up they could lose a digit or other body part.

https://woodcraft-production-weblinc.netdna-ssl.com/product_images/king-combination-waterstone-8-x-2-x-1-1000-6000-grit/5843c06f69702d0253000275/zoom.jpg?c=1480835183

https://woodcraft-production-weblinc.netdna-ssl.com/product_images/dmt-dia-sharp-8-x-3-bench-stone-extra-fine/5843c1d769702d0253000545/zoom.jpg?c=1480835543

UKFlounder
01-27-2017, 05:06 PM
Last fall, I parked in a parking garage and made a voice memo of myself saying the location (level, row) where I parked

When was the last time you visited a zoo and/or aquarium?

When was the last time you made an audio recording of something (not video on your TV)?

Doc
01-27-2017, 05:40 PM
When was the last time you visited a zoo and/or aquarium?

Shedd Aquarium, in Chicago-August 2010

Last time you shot something living (with a gun)?

blueboss
01-27-2017, 06:32 PM
Shedd Aquarium, in Chicago-August 2010

Last time you shot something living (with a gun)?

Last September I shot a lot of living somethings with a 12 ga during dove season.

When was the last time you ate a popsicle

Catfan73
01-28-2017, 09:04 AM
Ate 3 or 4 popsicles a couple of weeks ago while cleaning out the fridge ��

When was the last time you bought a car battery? I had to get one for my '11 Audi A3 tdi on Tuesday. $170 bucks at AutoZone and a whole lot of sticker shock. Don't think I'd had to buy one in probably 10 or 12 years before that.

CitizenBBN
01-28-2017, 09:37 AM
I buy batteries at work fairly frequently. We sell a fair number of estate vehicles and they're usually good cars but have been sitting, need new batteries. Bought one for me personally about a month and a half ago.

when's the last time you sent food back at a restaurant?

TRUCKERCATFAN
01-28-2017, 10:50 AM
Ate 3 or 4 popsicles a couple of weeks ago while cleaning out the fridge ��

When was the last time you bought a car battery? I had to get one for my '11 Audi A3 tdi on Tuesday. $170 bucks at AutoZone and a whole lot of sticker shock. Don't think I'd had to buy one in probably 10 or 12 years before that.

I order all my car batteries from Advance AutoParts online for in store pickup. Before I check out, I use my RetailMeNot app and find a promo code to enter. Bought one last week. Was a $115 battery and I got it for $75.

Catfan73
01-28-2017, 11:07 AM
Good to know but I needed one asap. When it went, it was dead.

BigBluePappy
01-28-2017, 11:13 AM

So unusual for me, but last Saturday night.
Wasn't the servers fault and she was apologetic as can be.

When was the last time you used a slingshot?

Darrell KSR
01-28-2017, 11:44 AM
Good to know but I needed one asap. When it went, it was dead.
Just FYI, but you can almost always find a $30 or $40 off coupon code online for Autozone for over $100 purchase. Can do it from phone.

PedroDaGr8
01-28-2017, 01:24 PM
Ignore

dan_bgblue
01-28-2017, 02:03 PM

So unusual for me, but last Saturday night.
Wasn't the servers fault and she was apologetic as can be.

When was the last time you used a slingshot?

About 2weeks ago we had a cold snap and I was hunting blackbirds in my back yard with the slingshot.

When was the last time you got a real soda fountain cola or shake of your choice

blueboss
01-29-2017, 05:30 PM
Two years ago in May we stumbled over a soda fountain ice cream parlor somewhere in central TN (queue the deliverance music) I ordered a vanilla malt.

When's the last time you picked up a book of matches off of a counter at a store, restaurant etc.?

Darrell KSR
01-30-2017, 08:02 PM
Probably about 10 years ago from a grocery store, a little more recently than that at Walmart for a different use. Use matches occasionally to light propane tanks where a lighter didn't fit, but those long fireplace ones. Also grabbed some waterproof ones for camping gear.

We have a basket of at least a thousand books of matches from various places and not really collecting them anymore (and haven't been collecting for two decades), so we use them. Despite being a quarter century old, they still work.

When was the last time you changed brands of toothpaste?

KSRBEvans
01-31-2017, 08:51 AM
^I tried to change from Colgate to Trader Joe's brand a couple of years ago. I like most of their products and thought I'd give it a shot. Nope--tasted like chalk. I didn't even want to finish the tube but the cheapskate in me wouldn't let me waste $2.50. Thankfully Mrs. BEvans tried it, liked it & kept it, so I could go back to Colgate.

When was the last time you listened to an audiobook, and what was it?

blueboss
01-31-2017, 04:41 PM
I'm not sure of the exact title but it was an Anne Rice vampire book back in the early 90's. My girlfriend had it in while traveling to and from Lexington.

When was the last time you used an ice tray?

Darrell KSR
01-31-2017, 05:40 PM
I'm not sure of the exact title but it was an Anne Rice vampire book back in the early 90's. My girlfriend had it in while traveling to and from Lexington.

When was the last time you used an ice tray?

This one is easy. This summer. I was trying various things to produce more ice--we go through ice like water (insert bad joke laugh track here), with so much we do during the summer, son playing soccer, etc. ad nauseam. So I was trying everything to produce more ice, and ended up buying a small icemaker that helped tremendously (it generates 26 pounds of ice a day; my icemaker in my freezer generates 9 lbs).

When is the last time you saw a musical?

Catfan73
01-31-2017, 10:30 PM
Saw Hamilton in Chicago last Oct. 30th with my wife and son. Had a blast.

When is the last time you were lost?

dan_bgblue
02-01-2017, 11:12 AM
Never happened to me. I always know exactly where I am.:4chsmu1:

If making a left turn instead of a right turn and driving a couple of miles out of the way before realizing that I was going in the wrong direction counts as being lost then it happened last week, but I do not consider that being lost

When was the last time you changed a babies diaper?

Catfan73
02-03-2017, 08:46 AM
The last time I had the pleasure of changing a diaper would have been about 12 years ago since my son is now 14.

When was the last time you chewed a stick of Blackjack gum?

dan_bgblue
02-03-2017, 02:28 PM
Interesting story behind Black Jack gum. I had not even heard of it much less chewed it before your post. Our little country store did not carry it I guess. Can not vouch for the accuracy of this but the inked web page says they make a new batch of it every 3 to 5 years.

Linkage (http://www.candywarehouse.com/products/black-jack-gum-5-stick-packs-20-piece-box/)

Darrell KSR
02-03-2017, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I'm going to skip the last question and let someone answer it, too, because I don't think I have ever heard of Blackjack gum, either. I don't think I have ever chewed any that I know of as well.

Is it better gum than, say, Wrigley or whatever else? It does have a cool name and a cool history....

Catfan73
02-04-2017, 04:35 AM
lol I never really cared much for the Blackjack when I was a kid. Clark's Teaberry was my favorite.

Darrell KSR
02-04-2017, 10:26 AM
Since nobody else is admitting chewing Blackjack, I'll answer and say "never." But it was an interesting discussion and loved the history behind it.

When was the last time you intentionally ran a red light?

dan_bgblue
02-04-2017, 03:34 PM
Never, they were always yellow the last time I looked.:sign0068:

Darrell KSR
02-05-2017, 01:21 PM
Never, they were always yellow the last time I looked.:sign0068:

Amazingly, I intentionally ran one last night. I must have jinxed myself. I was leaving a show choir competition, it was after midnight, and I was following a car in front of me. He just went through a deserted intersection and I was blindly following--I saw the blinking red light shortly before I reached it, and I had a choice--either run it, or hit the brakes fairly hard. Not being completely sure what was immediately behind me, but seeing easily on both sides of the intersection, left and right, I made the conscious decision to run it. Not the greatest of driving, and police in the immediate vicinity, too.

Question is still open for the next guy--

"When is the last time you intentionally ran a red light?"

Catfan73
02-05-2017, 03:04 PM
I don't think I've ever intentionally ran one but that reminds me of somewhat of a pet peeve of mine, i.e. people running stop signs. Around here a lot of drivers seem to think as long as they (mostly) stop then they can go at will, regardless of what else is happening around them. There's a "stop" sign not far from where I live at the intersection of Barbour Lane and Wolf Pen Branch where I've almost been hit about three times now.

Catfan73
02-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Guess no one is going to cop a plea on running red lights :/

When was the last time you got a really good nights sleep?

KSRBEvans
02-06-2017, 02:15 PM
lol I never really cared much for the Blackjack when I was a kid. Clark's Teaberry was my favorite.

My Poppy (my Dad's father), who died in 1980, always had a stick of Teaberry gum for me when I saw him. He's the only person I've ever seen with it. When I was in Cracker Barrel and saw they had Teaberry gum last year, it was a real bittersweet moment.

KSRBEvans
02-06-2017, 02:18 PM
Amazingly, I intentionally ran one last night. I must have jinxed myself. I was leaving a show choir competition, it was after midnight, and I was following a car in front of me. He just went through a deserted intersection and I was blindly following--I saw the blinking red light shortly before I reached it, and I had a choice--either run it, or hit the brakes fairly hard. Not being completely sure what was immediately behind me, but seeing easily on both sides of the intersection, left and right, I made the conscious decision to run it. Not the greatest of driving, and police in the immediate vicinity, too.

Question is still open for the next guy--

"When is the last time you intentionally ran a red light?"

I'll take that one, because it was legal when I lived in Puerto Rico when I was stationed there from 1989-91. They had an ordinance in San Juan that if you were at a red light after 11 pm and there was no traffic you could run it. I think it was probably an attempt to avoid carjackings. So 1991.

I'll defer on a question since there's one open right now.

Darrell KSR
02-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Guess no one is going to cop a plea on running red lights :/

When was the last time you got a really good nights sleep?

1988. :)

Not really. But it seems that long sometimes.

Going back, I'd say Sunday night. I was exhausted from having arrived home Saturday night/Sunday morning at 2 a.m., had a busy Sunday and went to bed early about 11 a.m. Awoke at 5:45, so that's nearly 7 hours, which is a long time for me, and don't think I woke up during the night, which is a real anomaly.

-----

BEvans, when I was in high school, we had to create a survey as part of our psychology class. The reason I asked the question about the red light was that ours was based on driving habits of teenagers, and one of the questions was, "if you approached a red light, late at night, no police or anyone in sight, would you run the red light?"

I don't recall the answers, but it was a different time and era back then. As much grief as we give the kids of today, I know that a) we had our driver's licenses at age 15 (in Louisiana) and were terrible drivers; b) drinking age was 18 then, and not enforced--we routinely drank in high school--not that they don't now, too, but I'm near positive not as bad as we were, because enforcement was more lax, and c), we were horrible drivers--did I say that before? It's bad enough that we should say it again.

I did not play football, so I was with the fan-drinking crowd. I remember after our home games, they'd go up and down the student section, and sweeping the bottles of Jack Daniels in each row--and there were many, many. It just wasn't a big deal to have 16-year olds drinking and driving. Amazing.

OK, with all that being said, I'll lob the next one--

When was the last time you played a game of tetherball?

dan_bgblue
02-07-2017, 03:44 PM
I bet you did not know dinosaurs could play tetherball did ya? Well we could. 1968, freshman year of high school in Stumpy Baker's gym class while he was watching game film.

When was the last time you went blackberry pickin?

blueboss
02-07-2017, 05:24 PM
I bet you did not know dinosaurs could play tetherball did ya? Well we could. 1968, freshman year of high school in Stumpy Baker's gym class while he was watching game film.

When was the last time you went blackberry pickin?

Mid 60's we lived in Paducah for about three years, I was in about the 4th grade and mother and her friend took us kids out pick' n... I usually ended up with poison ivy and or bee stung.

When was the last time you had to adjust an antennae to get a signal on anything?

CitizenBBN
02-07-2017, 06:15 PM
Mid 60's we lived in Paducah for about three years, I was in about the 4th grade and mother and her friend took us kids out pick' n... I usually ended up with poison ivy and or bee stung.

When was the last time you had to adjust an antennae to get a signal on anything?

About 7-8 years ago I'd say, at an auction in western Nebraska. Even cell service was horrid, but we were in the software biz with a lot of wireless tech so I rigged up a high gain antenna that would work in the cellular range and ran it back to a phone that at that time took an external antenna. It helped.

When was the last time you dinged your car by hitting a stationary object? (sadly yes that's why it's on my mind)

KSRBEvans
02-08-2017, 07:44 AM
About 7-8 years ago I'd say, at an auction in western Nebraska. Even cell service was horrid, but we were in the software biz with a lot of wireless tech so I rigged up a high gain antenna that would work in the cellular range and ran it back to a phone that at that time took an external antenna. It helped.

When was the last time you dinged your car by hitting a stationary object? (sadly yes that's why it's on my mind)

I used to be really bad in gas stations, for some reason. When I was 19 I backed into an air pump. When I was 25 I backed a UHaul truck so close to a Cadillac that was behind me that somehow I peeled a piece of the rubber molding off the Cadillac's chrome bumper without damaging the bumper itself (I couldn't do it again that way if I tried). The last time I dinged a car by hitting a stationary object was when I was 28 and pulled away too sharply from a gas pump, scraping down the driver's door. Oh, and it was a rental car, too. $1400 damage. :puke:

When was the last time you made a snowman?

dan_bgblue
02-12-2017, 02:37 PM
Last year, in mid January. Had about a foot of nice wet snow to play with.

When was the last time you attended a live rock concert?

Darrell KSR
02-12-2017, 09:06 PM
Last year, in mid January. Had about a foot of nice wet snow to play with.

When was the last time you attended a live rock concert?
What counts as a rock concert?

Don't credit me for the answer. My only concerts have been Billy Joel, Jimmy Buffet, Air Supply and Crystal Gayle. I don't think any of those count.

Catfan73
02-13-2017, 05:27 AM
The last really good concert I went to was U2 in Rupp Arena back in the late '80's but probably my favorite was Rush on their Moving Pictures tour.

When was the last time you had an Old Fashioned?

blueboss
02-22-2017, 05:20 PM
Never, but I can make a mean one.

When was the last time you posted on the when was the last time you... thread?

Darrell KSR
02-23-2017, 12:00 AM
Never, but I can make a mean one.

When was the last time you posted on the when was the last time you... thread?

10 days ago. Wow. Thanks for picking up the slack.

When is the last time you sat on an uncomfortable chair for more than five minutes, and why?

Doc
02-24-2017, 03:37 PM
When is the last time you sat on an uncomfortable chair for more than five minutes, and why?

Today...because every chair I sit in for more than 5 min becomes uncomfortable. Screwed up back will do that. Rhizotomy 2 weeks ago on the right side and having the left side done next week should resolve that for 10 to 12 months. That's the why

When was the last time you purchase a new computer?

dan_bgblue
02-24-2017, 05:08 PM
4 years and 3 months ago. Bought an Apple Mini for Judy for Christmas.

When was the last time you went camping using a tent and all the other necessary camping gear?

BigBluePappy
02-24-2017, 06:33 PM
This past August.
In East Tennessee.
Took Grammy and our two oldest granddaughters.
It was a BLAST.

When was the last time you used cash instead of plastic?
Or used on old fashioned check?

UKFlounder
02-24-2017, 09:10 PM
I wrote a check to psy a bill this week. I think I also used cash, at a car wash, this week too.

When was the last time you willingly quit a paying job without having a new one lined up?

Doc
02-25-2017, 07:21 AM
I wrote a check to psy a bill this week. I think I also used cash, at a car wash, this week too.

When was the last time you willingly quit a paying job without having a new one lined up?

August 1987. Was working at the diagnostic lab in Lexington and had to leave to go to vet school at Auburn. Too long of a comute to keep the job!

When was the last time you bought jewelry?

BigBluePappy
02-25-2017, 10:14 AM
February 14, 2017
I didn't actually buy it on 02/14/2017 but that is when it was given; I would have to guesstimate 02/07/2017.

When was the last time you took the bus to go someplace?
Can be either the local transit authority or Greyhound or Trailways.

Darrell KSR
02-25-2017, 10:34 AM
Hmm. Must have been in the fall to attend an Alabama event. Rode the "Crimson Ride" bus from parking to event.

If you're talking about a paying thing, and not just a quick shuttle bus, oh, my. My Dad had a car to give to my daughter when she was in college, so I took a Greyhound bus to Monroe, Louisiana from Birmingham so I could drive it back. That would have been when she was about 20, so maybe 7˝ years ago or so. I don't think I've ridden a bus since then, besides the shuttle buses.

Speaking of travel -- when is the last time you traveled somewhere longer than 12 hours in a day?

UKFlounder
02-25-2017, 04:09 PM
Summer of 2013 or 2014, family vacation in Destin, one day drive from northern Kentucky.

When was the last time you did volunteer work?

Darrell KSR
02-25-2017, 09:21 PM
Summer of 2013 or 2014, family vacation in Destin, one day drive from northern Kentucky.

When was the last time you did volunteer work?
This morning. I had gate duty at a soccer tournament hosted by our school, proceeds going to the soccer program. If that doesn't count, I guess it's been a week when I did some work for the church.

When is the last time you went to a drive-in movie?

blueboss
03-01-2017, 09:52 PM
Not sure what year, but we went to see The Blair Witch Project

When was the last time you asked someone famous for their autograph?

KSRBEvans
03-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Spring 1978. The seniors from the 78 NCAA championship team were on a barnstorming tour. They played the Marathon Oilers (who had a PG by the name of Scotty Baesler!) at Boyd County Junior High, which had the biggest gym in the area at that time. I think the players signed autographs at halftime. I still have the program somewhere at my parents' house (I hope). Quite a thrill for a HS freshman.

When was the last time you camped out overnight, and where was it?

Darrell KSR
01-17-2018, 10:49 PM
Spring 1978. The seniors from the 78 NCAA championship team were on a barnstorming tour. They played the Marathon Oilers (who had a PG by the name of Scotty Baesler!) at Boyd County Junior High, which had the biggest gym in the area at that time. I think the players signed autographs at halftime. I still have the program somewhere at my parents' house (I hope). Quite a thrill for a HS freshman.

When was the last time you camped out overnight, and where was it?

Camp Tekawitha, June, 2010, my 50th birthday weekend. Camp owned by the Diocese of Birmingham, and was helping with my son's Eagle Scout project, building an outdoor chapel and reopening the camp after a number of years of the camp being closed. Worked very hard that weekend, couldn't do it today with my shoulder issues, my back issues, and related ailments. Glad it happened then.

When was the last time you walked to work? (My son did it today to avoid driving on ice, and to make sure that the animals at the veterinary clinic had some "grunt" attention from a vet tech.)

KSRBEvans
01-18-2018, 10:04 AM
Last time I walked to work was fall 1988. I was on temporary duty at the Naval Legal Service Office, Norfolk. I'd just taken the bar and the Navy had me on temporary duty to make some money while I was waiting on the results. I was an Ensign (O-1) JAG which really doesn't exist in the wild; you get promoted to Lieutenant Junior Grade (O-2) when you pass the bar and go on active duty, so no one knew quite what to make of me. I remember a Commander telling me to enjoy being an Ensign because everybody knows you're green as grass: "It's a license to screw up."

Anyway, I took the bar in July, got married August 20, honeymooned with my wife for a week and we were living in the Bachelor Officers Quarters across the street from the NLSO. So I got to walk across the street to work every day. Nice setup.

When was the last time you made chili (and what's your recipe, if you're at liberty to share)?

Darrell KSR
01-25-2018, 09:14 AM
When was the last time you made chili (and what's your recipe, if you're at liberty to share)?

I was hoping somebody else would do it, because I don't make chili. So "never" would be my answer. My wife made it a couple of weeks ago. She makes "regular" chili, with meat, beans, and other stuff. Not much other stuff, I don't think. Makes rice and is eaten over rice, or rice in the bowl. She made "white chicken chili" a few weeks ago. I like it, but not as much as regular old chili.

When is the last time you showered/took a bath/cleaned off--substantially outdoors?

Catfan73
01-27-2018, 07:25 AM
My chili recipe: saute about a tablespoon of minced garlic in a tablespoon of olive oil. Add 2# ground beef. When almost browned add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. In a pot start one cup tomato juice and 1 1/2 cups of water. Add 2 packets of chil-o mix (remove 2 teaspoons first) and 3 cans of black beans that have been rinsed clear in a colander. Add the beef after it gets quiet. Voila. Easy.

I'm not sure I've ever actually bathed outdoors :P

When was the last time you hand washed your car?

KSRBEvans
01-30-2018, 01:57 PM
My chili recipe: saute about a tablespoon of minced garlic in a tablespoon of olive oil. Add 2# ground beef. When almost browned add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. In a pot start one cup tomato juice and 1 1/2 cups of water. Add 2 packets of chil-o mix (remove 2 teaspoons first) and 3 cans of black beans that have been rinsed clear in a colander. Add the beef after it gets quiet. Voila. Easy.

I'm not sure I've ever actually bathed outdoors :P

When was the last time you hand washed your car?

I was just thinking about that the other day. I drive an old beater that has 267K on it. I keep waiting for it to die, but it just won't quit. I put as little work into it as possible. It's probably been 8 years since I did anything more to the outside of it than let the rain wash the salt off it.

When was the last time you were in another country besides the U.S.?

UKHistory
01-30-2018, 03:34 PM
I was just thinking about that the other day. I drive an old beater that has 267K on it. I keep waiting for it to die, but it just won't quit. I put as little work into it as possible. It's probably been 8 years since I did anything more to the outside of it than let the rain wash the salt off it.

When was the last time you were in another country besides the U.S.?

August 2010 in Canada to see UK play. The Road to Houston...Begins in Windsor.

When is the last time you bought a brand new car? And what kind.

Darrell KSR
01-30-2018, 03:41 PM
August 2010 in Canada to see UK play. The Road to Houston...Begins in Windsor.

When is the last time you bought a brand new car? And what kind.

2009. Rare that I do. I usually get a 2-3 year old car for the "good" cars, and a 10-year old car for the kids. Was a Honda Odyssey Van. Still have it, 160,000 miles on it now. 2nd motor. Grrrr.

When is the last time you rented a car? (Can be a lease, or standard Hertz type rental).

badrose
01-30-2018, 04:52 PM
2009. Rare that I do. I usually get a 2-3 year old car for the "good" cars, and a 10-year old car for the kids. Was a Honda Odyssey Van. Still have it, 160,000 miles on it now. 2nd motor. Grrrr.

When is the last time you rented a car? (Can be a lease, or standard Hertz type rental).

'96 IIRC. Sarah and I flew to Ft. Lauderdale on a free 3-day stay. Rented the car at the airport.

When was the last time you played baseball?

blueboss
01-31-2018, 09:52 PM
'96 IIRC. Sarah and I flew to Ft. Lauderdale on a free 3-day stay. Rented the car at the airport.

When was the last time you played baseball?

All though not an official game of baseball, last summer I played a lot of catch with my 7 year old grandson. Plus took turns pitching to each other and hitting balls.

When was the last time you went into a Walmart?

I usually go once a year to buy shot gun shells, and get a hunting license.

badrose
02-01-2018, 09:37 AM
All though not an official game of baseball, last summer I played a lot of catch with my 7 year old grandson. Plus took turns pitching to each other and hitting balls.

When was the last time you went into a Walmart?

I usually go once a year to buy shot gun shells, and get a hunting license.

About a month ago. I like to snack on nuts, particularly Planter's Nutrition varieties. Walmart beats the competition by about a dollar per can.

When was the last time you went out to see a movie and what was it?

Catfan73
02-01-2018, 11:08 AM
We ( me, wife, and son) saw Murder on the Orient Express a couple of weeks ago at the discount theater in town. Might as well have been sitting in folding chairs watching it on an old fashioned projector screen like my dad had but the movie was good and the popcorn excellent.

When was the last time you made a big pitcher of sweet tea?

Darrell KSR
06-04-2018, 05:00 PM
When was the last time you made a big pitcher of sweet tea?

Hmm. I guess I'll include my wife in this one as well, but my answer is still probably 10 years. We don't drink tea at home, except when she buys Milo's Sweet Tea as a treat in the gallon jugs. I'll drink it, but nobody else does.

When was the last time you roller skated? (Roller blades also accepted).

CitizenBBN
06-04-2018, 06:39 PM
At least middle school I think. Immanuel Baptist here in town had a skating rink and I used to live close to it, so we'd go there and skate. Champs here in town was an institution for a long time, but it closed some years ago. I could do it without falling but I wasn't much more than passable at it.

when was the last time you went out to dinner (or any meal) and the health/weight aspects of your choices never once entered your mind?

blueboss
06-05-2018, 05:38 PM
It all started back about 10 years ago when my Dr told me I needed to lose weight... so I did. Now It’s more about being aware of calorie intake.

When was the last time you stayed overnight at a state park? And where was it? Lodge/cabins/campground

UKFlounder
06-06-2018, 12:05 PM
July 2016, Lodge at Buckhorn Lake State Park. It was nice, especially silly since I have ancestors from around the area, and my grandparents were on the trip, telling stories of people and places as we drove around the region one day.

When was the last time you were (knowingly) on TV?

Darrell KSR
06-25-2018, 04:18 AM
July 2016, Lodge at Buckhorn Lake State Park. It was nice, especially silly since I have ancestors from around the area, and my grandparents were on the trip, telling stories of people and places as we drove around the region one day.

When was the last time you were (knowingly) on TV?My children have been on more recently than me, but probably sometime in the last 10 years at a ballgame. Nothing significant, though. Radio many times, but I have a better face for that.

When is the last time you ate something that didn't agree with you?

Doc
06-25-2018, 02:32 PM
My children have been on more recently than me, but probably sometime in the last 10 years at a ballgame. Nothing significant, though. Radio many times, but I have a better face for that.

When is the last time you ate something that didn't agree with you?

Saturdays 2 weeks ago...Oodles of Noodles. Pad Thai that was suppose to have NO FISH SAUCE. Spent the night puking due to the fish sauce

When was the last time you took something without paying for it?

Doc
07-12-2018, 04:12 PM
So no theives??

OK,

When was the last time you told a family member, aside from your spouse, (ie parent or child) that "you loved them"? and actually MEANT IT.......

there is a reason behind this-my father flew from Hawaii to FL 2 days ago to do that. Today he told me he did not recall ever actually doing that and wanted to be sure I knew that he did.

Darrell KSR
07-12-2018, 06:04 PM
Several times last week. Probably not enough before then.

When was the last time you visited a jail?

Doc
07-12-2018, 06:30 PM
Several times last week. Probably not enough before then.

When was the last time you visited a jail?

that was in part for you. Certain things makes you take a whole different perspective on things.

Darrell KSR
07-12-2018, 07:15 PM
that was in part for you. Certain things makes you take a whole different perspective on things.

It sure does, Doc. I regret how long ago it was for one person that I won't have the chance to do again. Wasn't "forever," but should've been more recent.

blueboss
07-12-2018, 07:51 PM
Saturdays 2 weeks ago...Oodles of Noodles. Pad Thai that was suppose to have NO FISH SAUCE. Spent the night puking due to the fish sauce

When was the last time you took something without paying for it?

I bought several items at Bass Pro shop including an Shimano spinning reel. It was only around $80-$90. When the check out girl told me how much I owed I told her she must have missed something. So she went through it again and came up with the same number. So again I said she must have missed something, at this point she got all indignant like I was telling her she didn’t know what she was doing and told me she was sure it was right. So a third time I said that it couldn’t be right, this time she got plain snotty with me and told me that she new how to do her job.

So I left and went home and went through the receipt and the items I got. When I bought the reel I had the guy put a couple hundred yards of 20lb line on the spool. When he put the reel back in the box he put a price sticker for the line on the reel box. The check out girl was ringing up the price of the line and not the reel.

So the wife asked me if I was going to take it back and explain their mistake, which had the had girl not gotten all snotty with me that’s what I would have done, but I said “f” her, I tried three times to get it corrected and she got snotty... so I got the $80-$90 reel for like $6...

Right or wrong, or whether I justified it in my own mind because I tried three times, or her crappy attitude I did not take it back.

Darrell KSR
07-14-2018, 04:21 PM
I'm not sure if this "counts" or not, but thinking about Doc's question on taking something that didn't belong to you...I guess I took a driver's license that didn't belong to me.

When I was taking my driver's license exam at age 15 (the age for getting a license in Louisiana at the time), I cheated on my exam.

My eye exam.

We used a device sort of like a microscope, with two "eye holes" to take the exam. They had the eye chart for the right eye, and the eye chart for the left eye. I passed the exam for the right eye with no problem, because, you know, I could see.

For the left eye I had a problem. When I was 9 years old, I was hit in the eye with a rock. I suffered a trauma-induced cataract, and I could not see anything out of my left eye. Nothing. So, you know, I couldn't pass the left eye exam because, you know, I couldn't see.

I told them that I had an injury in that eye and couldn't see anything, and the testing person left to go get her supervisor. When she left, I had a moment of criminal brilliance--move my right eye to the left eyehole, and memorize the letters.

I did. For one line.

When she came back with her supervisor, I said "I think I can read the line now." And proceeded to recite the 5 letters or whatever it was in order.

They probably knew what I did. They didn't ask any other questions, they didn't ask me to read the line above or below, which, of course, I couldn't if I had been asked.

They issued me the license and I went happily along my way.

Postscript, of course, is that at age 26, I had an intraocular lens implant put in my left eye, and now I can see out of it. And have happily passed eye exams as necessary since that time. I did not move from Louisiana until after that time, and did not need a new driver's license other than renewals until moving to Alabama. I guess I took an eye exam then; I don't even remember.

Anyway, that's my story. I don't know if that "fits" or not.

Anybody visited a jail recently? When was the last time? (If that's too personal, don't mention it. May be a bad question.)

Doc
07-15-2018, 08:27 AM
Jail, that would be 1983 on a DUI...booked as Mark Hail because that is what the license I was using said. That was before Mothers were MADD, and laws were strict. I got out after a couple hours in the drunk tank, went to court the next day and when they called Mark, I got rearrested briefly. Fortunately my future father in law was tight with some people (at least this is what i believe) since it was his daughter who signed me out of jail as Mark.

Edit to add:
1) my future wife did not realize it was me, not Mark, who was arrested. She assumed it was him until I walked out the exit door

2) when arrested, I told to officer I did not have my driver liscense on me. After arrest, they took my wallet and found the license and assumed that was me and booked me under that name

3) Nowhere did I sign anything as Mark. All signatures were basic scribbles. I did this on purpose because I had an idea that best to keep my mouth shut. It was their assumption, not me using a false ID. In fact, I recall at one spot I actually signed my real name which may have been a saving grace.

Going back to you license story..at 16, I went to the DMV, told them I was my 21 year old brother and had lost my driver license. gave them his SS and birth cert, they issued me a new OFFICIAL KY driver lisc with my picture on it. I was shaking so hard I told the lady I was on an antiseizure meditation, which wasnt too smart. Used that "fakeID" for a few years til I lost it. Then turned to barrowing Mark Hail who was a frat brother...until I got arrested.

When was the last time you hired a lawyer?

dethbylt
07-21-2018, 10:55 PM
When I got divorced in 1999. Lucky or boring, I am one of these...

When was the last time you cleaned and ate something from the ocean?

Darrell KSR
10-24-2020, 02:23 PM
When I got divorced in 1999. Lucky or boring, I am one of these...

When was the last time you cleaned and ate something from the ocean?Can't recall ever cleaning and eating anything from the ocean. Caught redfish and flounder that I ate, but didn't clean.

When was the last time you looked for a very old thread on a message board forum?

dan_bgblue
10-24-2020, 05:18 PM
Monday of this week.

When was the last time you ate all the left over Halloween candy yourself?

Darrell KSR
07-06-2023, 09:45 AM
Monday of this week.

When was the last time you ate all the left over Halloween candy yourself?

Probably last year, or the majority of it. Mostly empty nester now, just wife and I and she always buys too much.

When was the last time you resurrected a topic that had mostly gone away (whether on this site, any social media forum, or even publicly/at work/etc.?)

blueboss
07-06-2023, 02:41 PM
Probably last year, or the majority of it. Mostly empty nester now, just wife and I and she always buys too much.

When was the last time you resurrected a topic that had mostly gone away (whether on this site, any social media forum, or even publicly/at work/etc.?)

Probably never, but God knows I was the last person to post on a ton of threads, except “last post wins” thread.

When was the last time you made the bed?

Catfan73
07-06-2023, 02:57 PM
Probably never, but God knows I was the last person to post on a ton of threads, except “last post wins” thread.

When was the last time you made the bed?

Tuesday. Company was coming over and I wanted it to look presentable in case anyone got bumped to the master bathroom.

When was the last time you got into some poison ivy/got chigger bites/bitten by a mosquito? I think I hit the trifecta today.

KSRBEvans
07-06-2023, 03:01 PM
Tuesday. Company was coming over and I wanted it to look presentable in case anyone got bumped to the master bathroom.

When was the last time you got into some poison ivy/got chigger bites/bitten by a mosquito? I think I hit the trifecta today.

Glad to see this thread resurrected!

I went hiking at LBL on June 17 and that night I had a line of hives on my inner arm. I was sure I'd somehow got into some poison ivy but it turned out just to be chiggers or some such. Back to normal the next day.

When was the last time you swam in a swimming pool?

BigBluePappy
07-06-2023, 05:46 PM
Glad to see this thread resurrected!

I went hiking at LBL on June 17 and that night I had a line of hives on my inner arm. I was sure I'd somehow got into some poison ivy but it turned out just to be chiggers or some such. Back to normal the next day.

When was the last time you swam in a swimming pool?

Last night.

When was the last time you had hot roasted peanuts in the shell?

Darrell KSR
07-06-2023, 07:27 PM
Last night.

When was the last time you had hot roasted peanuts in the shell?During the pandemic from what used to be the old Peanut Depot on the brick cobblestone road known as Morris Avenue. Also one of the last times I'll ever eat them since I was diagnosed as having a peanut allergy about a year later.

When is the last time you've been a a lake beach?

Catfan73
07-07-2023, 01:03 PM
During the pandemic from what used to be the old Peanut Depot on the brick cobblestone road known as Morris Avenue. Also one of the last times I'll ever eat them since I was diagnosed as having a peanut allergy about a year later.

When is the last time you've been a a lake beach?

On a lake beach? Probably close to 40 years ago somewhere in central Florida. I lived in Orlando for two years and hated about 95% of it. Been on lots of lakes since then but not many with beaches.

When was the last time you held someone’s hand?

VirginiaCat
07-07-2023, 01:30 PM
Last night I held my wife's hand.

Ok, when was the last time you talked to your mom?

Darrell KSR
07-07-2023, 01:37 PM
Last night I held my wife's hand.

Ok, when was the last time you talked to your mom?

Sunday, January 18, 2009. Had a good telephone chat with her, last words told her I loved her. She passed away the evening of Monday/Tuesday January 19/20, 2009. Not a sad thing here, one that I cherish the memories of the call. Dad passed unexpectedly July 4, 2018, and I had not spoken to him in awhile, and thus feel badly about that.

When was the last time you laid in a hammock outdoors?

blueboss
07-07-2023, 03:21 PM
On a lake beach? Probably close to 40 years ago somewhere in central Florida. I lived in Orlando for two years and hated about 95% of it. Been on lots of lakes since then but not many with beaches.

When was the last time you held someone’s hand?

You boys and girls better be holding those hands, a little bit more firmly, and a little bit longer, and a lot more often. What I wouldn’t give…

VirginiaCat
07-08-2023, 07:42 AM
Sunday, January 18, 2009. Had a good telephone chat with her, last words told her I loved her. She passed away the evening of Monday/Tuesday January 19/20, 2009. Not a sad thing here, one that I cherish the memories of the call. Dad passed unexpectedly July 4, 2018, and I had not spoken to him in awhile, and thus feel badly about that.

When was the last time you laid in a hammock outdoors?

Hilton Head Island in 2020 just before we bought our condo.

When was the last time you got a natural birdie on the golf course?

Darrell KSR
07-16-2023, 05:32 PM
Hilton Head Island in 2020 just before we bought our condo.

When was the last time you got a natural birdie on the golf course?

Last time I played. Daughter was in town from NYC, son was in from Jackson, and both wanted to play. Have been playing with both of them on the gold/senior tees, which makes for some pretty easy holes. One of them was what turned out to be a 400 yard par 5. Making a "4" on that hole--the 18th--was really like a par, but I'll take it.

Since I play maybe once or twice a year, if that, I can't remember the last one before that. Hasn't been many. I've been lucky to break 90. I'm more likely to 3-putt for bogey than to make the birdie when I get the chance.

When is the last time you slept in a tent?

dan_bgblue
07-18-2023, 03:35 PM
1976, and the only reason I remember is that it was the year before My wife and I tied the knot and she was with me in the tent. .

What was the oldest TV show you recall watching?

blueboss
07-20-2023, 09:26 PM
1976, and the only reason I remember is that it was the year before My wife and I tied the knot and she was with me in the tent. .

What was the oldest TV show you recall watching?

That’s hard to nail down, but I remember when I was very young my aunt who was in her teens and was baby sitting us, let my two sisters and I watch the Twilight Zone… I had nightmares, but I also remember watching Romper Room too.

This might not be fair, (because I’m currently at the beach) but when was the last time you watched a thunderstorm at night out over the ocean?

dan_bgblue
07-21-2023, 07:18 AM
That’s hard to nail down, but I remember when I was very young my aunt who was in her teens and was baby sitting us, let my two sisters and I watch the Twilight Zone… I had nightmares, but I also remember watching Romper Room too.

This might not be fair, (because I’m currently at the beach) but when was the last time you watched a thunderstorm at night out over the ocean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2018 Destin Florida, from the balcony of a rental beach house. I have some nifty camera shots of lightning from that thunderstorm. The storm stayed over the gulf for a few hours and never made it to the beach.

When was the last time you went hunting and capturing lightning bugs?

VirginiaCat
07-24-2023, 08:02 AM
2018 Destin Florida, from the balcony of a rental beach house. I have some nifty camera shots of lightning from that thunderstorm. The storm stayed over the gulf for a few hours and never made it to the beach.

When was the last time you went hunting and capturing lightning bugs?

July 2020 with my daughter. She was only 12 then and I am pretty sure that was one of the last "little girl" moments I got with her before she became a teenagerish...

Ok, when was the last time you worked on some project with your dad? (yeah, nostalgia)