PDA

View Full Version : Some decent eTextbooks on sale on Amazon @ 90% off (Kindle Editions)

PedroDaGr8
01-09-2017, 06:30 PM
Some decent learning books on Amazon for the Kindle Editions:

Practical Electronics for Inventors - $1.99 (great resource for learning about electrical circuits)

C# 6.0 and the .Net 4.6 Framework - $4.99

Troubleshooting and Repairing Major Appliances - $1.99

Strategies of Containment - A critical appraisal of American National Security Policy during the Cold War - $1.99

How to diagnose and fix everything electronic, 2nd Edition - $1.99

Plus many many more:

https://www.amazon.com/l/16144669011/?pldnSite=1

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

CitizenBBN
01-09-2017, 06:32 PM
Dang it.

I was going to come on here and be all funny about how I don't need none of that fancy book larnin', and dang if there isn't a book on that list I need. The c# .net stuff would be helpful, I'm about to jump into a website update using .net and probably xamarin to make an app.

so thanks for making me smarter and more successful. NOT. I was aiming to drop out of society and beg on the streets of Key west by this time next year, now I'll probably still be working.

CitizenBBN
01-09-2017, 06:34 PM
Oops, just figured out that's for Kindle. Don't have a kindle. Hmmm.....

Darrell KSR
01-09-2017, 07:21 PM
By the Kindle. If you read anything at all on it, you will thank me later. Even a refurbished, early generation model.

Darrell KSR
01-09-2017, 07:22 PM
By the way, thanks, Pedro.

PedroDaGr8
01-09-2017, 07:30 PM
There is also kindle reader for Android and for pc. Which also sync to each other (as well as of course the kindle), so that you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on any other device.

By the Kindle. If you read anything at all on it, you will thank me later. Even a refurbished, early generation model.
Pretty much this, my kindle is one of my favorite electronic devices.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Darrell KSR
01-12-2017, 10:35 AM
Kindle (not the Kindle fire tablet, but a true e-reader) will change your life if you read much. And if you read any at all on a non e-reader, like a tablet, you're in for a real treat.

Of course, I'm mid-50's, and things like text on a screen that is extremely easy on the eyes has more importance to me than it does to some. But man, it's a cheap luxury. Those are the kind I love.

Friend of mine turned 60 this year. He gets a "health bonus" from his company every year if he complies with their walking/steps program, etc., which he does. He tells me that he always uses that as a special gift to himself, and asked me what I thought about the Kindle readers. He's as frugal as I am, if not moreso, so I explained the basic Kindle, the Paperwhite, and the Voyager to him, the best I knew, and he opted for the Paperwhite--got a sub-$100 deal on it.

That was mid-December. He has called me twice to tell me how much he is enjoying it.

This one is an easy recommendation. I'm sure somewhere, somebody will not like one, but I haven't run across anybody yet that didn't love their's. My 24-year old son has the very first one, very first generation. It's still terrific (I can't tell that much difference between, I think, 192 dpi and 300 dpi that the Paperwhite/Voyager has, but I'm sure some can).

Darrell KSR
01-12-2017, 10:44 AM
One other thing the Kindle will do, especially if you buy any books. It CAN save money.

Here's a book that was recommended to me for dietary issues (I don't know that I have hypothyroidsim, but I have "kidded" about it for awhile). The print list price is $16.99. OK, we all know that is poppycock. But the paperback is sold for $11.55. The cheapest used paperback is $7.00.

Kindle? Well, it may be a short-term bargain, but the other day it sold for $0.99.

And of course, you can borrow many e-books from your local library for free.

(Pedro mentioned above that you can get Kindle readers for your computer and tablet, too, of course, and still get the benefit of these bargains--including the e-textbooks he first mentioned with those great deals. But might as well bite the bullet and use the e-ink technology, too! Treat yoself!)