PDA

View Full Version : Meryl

bigsky
01-09-2017, 09:43 AM
http://movie-sounds.org/quotes/bhur/Bravely-spoken.mp3

Talking trash about football watchers to a room full of middle america hating hollywood sybarites.

Doc
01-09-2017, 11:59 AM
Not sure what you meant to link but I doubt its that

link (http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/awards/meryl-streep-takes-donald-trump-golden-globes-n704571)

How many of them SNEAKED ACROSS THE BORDER ILLEGALLY?

KSRBEvans
01-09-2017, 01:00 PM
Obviously not content with losing most of the Midwest, they're now making a play to also flip Minnesota to red in 2020.

CitizenBBN
01-09-2017, 01:45 PM
The left's contempt for the rest of America is so palpable it's funny. Obama made it clear with his comment about us clinging to our guns and religion, but most just didn't let it sink in enough. Fortunately people like Streep are happy to keep hammering the point home.

I'm sure she and her friends have no interest in sports or such, that's way too pedestrian for them. I'll readily take an election where everyone who likes sports votes for my side and everyone who doesn't votes for theirs. :)

Oh, and not everything that comes out of Hollywood is what I'd call "art". In fact a lot of what I like, like the Marvel movies, are great, but are NOT "art". They're entertainment, and the people are not so much artists as people being paid to do a job, specifically to entertain people.

KeithKSR
01-09-2017, 09:14 PM
The problem with Hollywood elites is that they think they are as smart as the people they pretend to be. You've got the likes of DeNiro, DiCaprio, Penn and Goldberg who bloviate endlessly about their leftist drivel, but were high school dropouts.

CitizenBBN
01-09-2017, 09:23 PM
I'm enjoying the meltdown of Hollywood as much as the one in DC and the media.

They were rejected just as hard as anyone else in this election, and their contempt for us is clear. Streep was doubling down on the "deplorables" viewpoint with her comments about football and MMA. they see us as the great unwashed flyover and they don't like us. Which is funny b/c we buy all the movie tickets.

Their rejection and the rejection of their importance is a big blow to them. They are NOT happy. I'm enjoying it immensely.

The best part is the more they insist on lecturing to us the more ground they lose, and they don't get that either.

Doc
01-09-2017, 09:47 PM
i think people are realizing how out of touch they are. It used to be the population was envious of them and wanted to emulate them. Not so much any more as they have repeatedly shown what trainwrecks they are with the likes of Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, Britany Spears, etc....people who have all the advantages, no talent and still can't get their lives in order, yet are engrossed in their own self importance while normal american actually struggle to get by.

CitizenBBN
01-09-2017, 09:52 PM
Agreed Doc. Also how duplicitous they are. Streep is a great example. She acts like Trump is the worst guy in the world for his mockery, but gave Roman Polanski, and admitted statutory rapist who the US has been trying to extradite for years, a standing ovation.

Hollywood acts like they possess the ethical and moral compass of the country and they are the most sexist, superficial and personally unethical place in the country.

Darrell KSR
01-09-2017, 10:01 PM
i think people are realizing how out of touch they are. It used to be the population was envious of them and wanted to emulate them. Not so much any more as they have repeatedly shown what trainwrecks they are with the likes of Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, Britany Spears, etc....people who have all the advantages, no talent and still can't get their lives in order, yet are engrossed in their own self importance while normal american actually struggle to get by.
Yes.

Darrell KSR
01-09-2017, 10:47 PM
Court rules Meryl Streep unable to be tried by jury as she has no peers.

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/court-rules-meryl-streep-unable-to-be-tried-by-jur-26799?utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing

Doc
01-10-2017, 07:06 AM
The problem with Hollywood elites is that they think they are as smart as the people they pretend to be. You've got the likes of DeNiro, DiCaprio, Penn and Goldberg who bloviate endlessly about their leftist drivel, but were high school dropouts.

Well that's because their innate level of intelligence rendered formal education meaningless. God naturally bestowed upon them talents and intellectual abilities far beyond those of mere morals, and it is their duty to share those gifts with the "little people", the less fortunate, the non-selected of the world.....or so they believe

Doc
01-10-2017, 07:07 AM

Sorry, I forgot Kelly Osbourne

Doc
01-10-2017, 01:19 PM
Fortunately not everybody in Hollywood agrees with the leftist elites!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1t2U1CVIAA4p-Y.jpg

Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn's faces during Streep's speech explain exactly how half the country feels about Hollywood attacking Trump.

UKHistory
01-10-2017, 02:08 PM
I'm enjoying the meltdown of Hollywood as much as the one in DC and the media.
The best part is the more they insist on lecturing to us the more ground they lose, and they don't get that either.

The liberals don't understand that. When Trump mocked that reporter, I laughed. It was hysterical that he could be so cruel and disrespectful to a person using the person's disability.

From mocking John McCain for being captured to sniping at Rubio for his height to encouraging unwelcome sexual assualt on women. I laughed at every deed. I was sickened and angered but I laughed at everyone of Trump's comments. I take them all serious. But I laughed.

All of those things and his dangerous comments regarding NATO and Russia kept me from voting for him.

But by mocking sports and the values that those of who not "of the coast" have, the liberals seem to not understand that the objective of the game is to win. Win elections. Win votes. Improve society for the better.

Their disdain for us is well known and we don't like it.

The evil of Trump is as much as a creation of the left as it is anything.

CitizenBBN
01-10-2017, 02:18 PM
Anthony Bordain said outright that liberal coastal snobbery created Trump, and he's right. That plus a GOP led by "liberal snobbery lite" people like McCain.

Outside of the major urban centers people are vastly different from what Hollywood sees every day, or New York media, etc., and we see clearly how little they think of us, yet expect us to be a willing serfdom to their rule.

People are sick of it. So very sick of it they'll vote for a guy who is regularly a misogynistic blow-hole b/c he promises to just not be a dishonest condescending self-absorbed elitist.

They voted to "drain the swamp" but part of that was also a vote against Hollywood and the major media outlets and all the elitism and lecturing hypocritical self-righteousness we get from them.

KeithKSR
01-10-2017, 04:33 PM
Fortunately not everybody in Hollywood agrees with the leftist elites!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1t2U1CVIAA4p-Y.jpg

Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn's faces during Streep's speech explain exactly how half the country feels about Hollywood attacking Trump.

There was a ten second video on Facebook and the reaction by Mel Gibson was priceless.