PDA

View Full Version : Darrell, I have a question

dan_bgblue
01-07-2017, 10:19 AM
I "think" I recall a bit of discussion on this forum some time back about you and some of your family traveling to a place in northeast Georgia for a few days of R&R. Did this actually happen or did I dream that it happened?

If it did, what is the name of the place you visited?

Darrell KSR
01-07-2017, 10:55 AM
Your memory is excellent.

Helen, Georgia is the place we spent a few days. Laid back, enjoyable time that had just enough things to do, and plenty of scenery. Would like to go back again.

dan_bgblue
01-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the response

MickintheHam
01-07-2017, 02:17 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the response

Helen is a neat little village. A day there or an overnight stay is pretty laid back. There is also great hiking all through the North GA mountains.

dan_bgblue
01-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Mick, based on that brief description, is it safe to assume that you would not recommend it for an extended stay of 4 or 5 days?

CGWildcat
01-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Son in law owns a lake house on Lake Hartwell. I'll have to check Helen out sometime. Not too far away.

Darrell KSR
01-07-2017, 05:25 PM
Dan, Mick is more active than I am, but even I think that's stretching it too much.

It's a city of 400 or 500. Basically one day you did nature, unicoi Park, Anna Ruby Falls, etc. One day you go tubing down the Chattahoochee. That day you add in the miniature golf, maybe the homemade candy store, not much else. One day you spend in town, shopping at the little shops and dining at the restaurants for lunch and dinner.

We could do 4 days with a day at the condo, pool, tennis court, playing board games, etc. but it's a 3 day, easy relaxed trip for us. If you are more active and pack in the fun, it's more like two days.

CGWildcat
01-27-2017, 11:05 AM
Just found out on my trip back to GA last week, we visited Helen for the day back in Sep/Oct visit.