PDA

View Full Version : More workplace violence-this time baggage handlers is my prediction

Doc
01-06-2017, 12:48 PM
link (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-fort-lauderdale-airport-shooting-20170106-story.html)

This is the airport we fly out of 90% of the time. Not looking good.

Doc
01-06-2017, 12:49 PM
9 shots, shooter in custody per local news

Doc
01-06-2017, 01:13 PM
5 dead

Darrell KSR
01-06-2017, 01:14 PM
Terrible.

dan_bgblue
01-06-2017, 03:16 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/06/at-least-5-dead-8-hospitalized-after-shooting-at-ft-lauderdale-airport.html

suncat05
01-06-2017, 04:16 PM
South-Central America & Mexico to Canada to the U.S......an alternate terror route.

Doc
01-06-2017, 04:19 PM
I've flown out of that terminal more than any others. Its the smallest. It services the "small" carriers like Jet Blue, Spirit, etc..... and last time I (2 months ago) was there it was under construction/remodelling. The other small terminal (#4) is international. Baggage claim is right by the street with multiple doors so there were plenty of exits which was good although the shooting ceased when he ran out of bullets.

Doc
01-06-2017, 04:21 PM
South-Central America & Mexico to Canada to the U.S......an alternate terror route.

No, originated in Alaska, then MN to FL. He had a military ID. Gun in luggage, was checked. Claimed the bag at baggage claim, went to the men's room, took it out, loaded it, can came out and started shooting.

suncat05
01-06-2017, 05:05 PM
Possibly compromised if he was in the military?

PedroDaGr8
01-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Possibly compromised if he was in the military?
Supposedly previously brought in to police in Alaska by associates because he was hearing voices telling him things. Apparently, was convinced that intelligence agencies were telling him to watch ISIS videos. If the reports are to be believed then it sounds like the onset of paranoid schizophrenia. At 26, he is around the right age for the onset of symptoms.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Doc
01-07-2017, 11:04 AM
Supposedly previously brought in to police in Alaska by associates because he was hearing voices telling him things. Apparently, was convinced that intelligence agencies were telling him to watch ISIS videos. If the reports are to be believed then it sounds like the onset of paranoid schizophrenia. At 26, he is around the right age for the onset of symptoms.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a strong candidate to own a gun (dws)

CitizenBBN
01-07-2017, 03:07 PM
Sounds like a strong candidate to own a gun (dws)

This guy is clearly insane, and not just "wow he's off the wall". I don't think anyone wants him having a gun, a car, or access to the general public.

This has to be the most bizarre circumstances of an act of violence I've heard. Not the most bizarre reason, b/c they're ALL insane, but the methods.

He created a number of hurdles to his plan that were utterly unnecessary and irrelevant, simply to do so. I'm following to see what else comes out, but this one so far takes the cake. I agree with pedro, this sounds like a real case of paranoid schizophrenia.