PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise IS NOT JACK REACHER!!

bigsky
11-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Hollywood's most ridiculous casting. Reacher is tall with long arms and sawhorse shoulders. Pretty boy Cruise has got no cred as the famous troublemaking hobo--although change one letter and that description does work.

bigsky
11-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Reacher is a reclusive hobo...

Doc
11-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Agree....better pick would have been Ray Walston

Ed Asner would have also been a good choice. He is definitely cranky enough

IMO a couple good candidates would have been Sam Elliot, Gary Busey or Rutger Haur

bigsky
11-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Brian Urlacher

CitizenBBN
11-25-2012, 04:59 PM
There's a long list of people who would have been better if we start with Tom Cruise. He's a lousy action hero and an even worse anti-hero. Heck Keanu Reeves would have been better. Jason Statham doesn't look like him but could at least play the character. Put Nicholas Cage on the list, Bruce Willis too. Losing the body type but at least they can act.

I think so little of Cruise I'd take Jean Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris, Sly Stallone, Frank Stallone, my father in law Frank, Tim Curry (who played Dr. Frankenfurter in Rocky Horrow), Tim Conway, pretty much ANYONE over Tom Cruise.

Jerry Reed, Jerry Jones, an animated version with Tom and Jerry, Jerry from Ben and Jerry's...

CitizenBBN
11-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Forgot Liam Neeson.

bigsky
11-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Neeson would be far better. Still not hulking enough.

bigsky
11-25-2012, 07:37 PM
http://www.imdb.com/list/DAzR7-F-h1U/

CitizenBBN
11-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Wow, I had some real overlap with that one. Dolph Lundgren has the body, but his acting is sketchy at best for an anti-hero savant.

Hugh Laurie would be very good at it IMO. He's a great actor. He's tall but way skinny but honestly that can be fixed with costuming.

I could live with the character not being a perfect physical fit with the description, but it at least needs to be someone who can act the role and then ideally at least fit the character physically in some respects. Someone like Statham is muscular and has the physical intensity of the character if not the height.

Cruise has absolutely nothing to bring to the character. He's not a good actor, wouldn't know how to spell savant, is shorter than my cat.

ShoesSwayedBlue
11-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Hugh Jackman could do it. He might be too pretty but he's a huge dude and he can definitely play someone willing and able to kick your ass just because you need it.

Doc
11-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Seriously, I think Bradley Cooper or Paul Walker would have both been great choices. Older, more established guys like Liam Neeson and Dolph Lundgren would have been good picks as well. Acceptable would have been Vin Diesel or Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson. I suspect the producers wanted the biggest name and obviously Cruise is a huge draw based on name recognition. IMO he would be a better pick for "Diary of a Wimpy Kid part 2"

CitizenBBN
11-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Ooooo I really like Vin Diesel.

CatinIL
11-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Tom Cruise is just little Hollywood brat. I just wanted to get that out there. Carry on.

suncat05
12-10-2012, 12:50 PM
But TC was pretty good as "Vincent", the assassin in the movie "Collateral". At least that's what I thought anyway. And I agree about Liam Neeson, I think he'd be very good Jack Reacher.

suncat05
12-10-2012, 12:53 PM
But TC was pretty good as "Vincent", the assassin in the movie "Collateral". At least that's what I thought anyway. And I agree about Liam Neeson, I think he'd be very good Jack Reacher.