PDA

View Full Version : An interesting question

ShoesSwayedBlue
12-29-2016, 10:06 AM
I've always been fascinated by the 'type' that people have. I've read that most men develop a type that they're most interested in around 12 or so and never really deviate from that preferred type of look even if they eventually marry someone who doesn't fit it.

As a Dad to four boys/men I've seen how kids raised by the same people in the same place can develop widely varying types.

The oldest loves soft faced girls who aren't exactly big but not the defined and fit type . Very feminine types with roundish faces. I've never liked that type myself but he's all in on that type.

The second oldest is a true blue eye nut. No matter her hair color, build or anything else I've never once seen him with a woman without blue eyes. Ever. And he wasn't exactly a monogamous type when he was younger either. All blue eyed.

The third one loves pale skinned, waifish girls. Loves red heads. I very much dislike pale skin on a woman myself, but to each his own.

My fourth one hasn't revealed a real type yet. He's a brainiac so he might not be quite as shallow as the rest of us.

As for me, I saw The Searchers when I was a kid and when Natalie Wood turned around in that teepee I was done. I was only about 9 and had no idea why but that dark on dark on dark look with the high cheekbones and the curves was, is and always will be my type.

So do you have a type? And if so, did you marry that type or find someone not that type so appealing that you overcame your fascination?

kingcat
12-29-2016, 12:42 PM
For me it was always the available type.

Until my wife came along, mesmerized, out smarted, and spoiled me.

badrose
12-29-2016, 01:13 PM
Never had a type unless you count intelligence and a sense of humor. Oh, and a feminine figure in a general sense with the bottom figure having slightly more importance than the upper.

Darrell KSR
12-29-2016, 02:37 PM
Not that I had a super-extensive dating experience, but I dated all types. The only commonality is that they would tolerate me. That limited the scope pretty significantly.

BigBluePappy
12-30-2016, 11:25 AM
Female, with a pulse.

suncat05
12-30-2016, 01:44 PM
When I was single, and I was for a long, long time between wife#1 and the lovely woman I am married to now, I liked ALL of the flavors. ALL of them! But I always had an affinity towards Asian women, although the Mediterranean types always piqued my interest as well. I don't know why I have always favored Asian women, because until I went to high school I was never exposed to any Asian females at all. The southern European women I was definitely exposed to because of my Dad's side of the family and their friends.
There is just something about Asian women, especially Filipina women that is just so alluring and beautiful. JMHO.

CitizenBBN
12-30-2016, 06:03 PM
Female

Homophobe. :)

Darrell KSR
12-30-2016, 06:39 PM
with a pulse.
Picky.

KeithKSR
12-30-2016, 07:45 PM
My wife won't let me have a type.

blueboss
12-30-2016, 08:41 PM
More on the petite side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PedroDaGr8
12-31-2016, 10:10 AM
My type has always been small, petite, kinda mousy/nerdy girls with a strong wit. Race doesn't matter, I've dated across the board.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

BigBluePappy
12-31-2016, 04:24 PM
Well, to be honest I am kind of picky.
Petite brunette's with blue eyes and a killer southern accent, sharp as a tack and compassionate as all get out just about does it.
That also, describes Grammy from the ground up.
I am a lucky man...

Doc
01-08-2017, 08:25 AM
The type that were not picky

Doc
01-08-2017, 10:19 AM
For me, its easier to say what I don't like

1) red heads. Not a fan of chicks that have heat misers hair
2) radicals, especial liberals. Some say political beliefs should not affect beauty. IMO nothing could be farther from the truth. I find far right,or I guess very vocal righties as unattractive as liberals.
3) bony chicks. I don't find somebody who looks like Karen Carpenter attractive
4) giant boobs or a jumbo trunk. I find esthetics in proportions.
5) tattoos, bad teeth or breath or B.O.

MickintheHam
01-08-2017, 12:58 PM
Doc, do you know what Karen Carpenter and Mama Cass Elliott have in common?

But for a ham sandwich they would both be alive today.

BigBluePappy
01-08-2017, 01:52 PM
Doc, do you know what Karen Carpenter and Mama Cass Elliott have in common?

But for a ham sandwich they would both be alive today.

:sHa_dielaughing:

KSRBEvans
01-12-2017, 09:06 AM
Looking back, I tended to go more for women who are girl-next-door types. Mary Anns more than Gingers. Physically, not afraid to own their curves but were physically active, too. As far as personality: funny, sweet, smart, no games.

And no lawyers! I was so happy my girlfriend (who eventually became Mrs. BEvans) was not a law student or really interested in the law in any way. I couldn't imagine dating a fellow law student (or lawyer). Just...too much.

KentuckyWildcat
01-13-2017, 08:27 AM
Definitely Mary Ann over Ginger. In fact, she pretty much nails it for me.

Crazy4Blue
01-13-2017, 11:32 AM
My type = HOT