PDA

View Full Version : PSA for DroidTV app subscription for active duty military

Darrell KSR
12-22-2016, 02:36 PM
I probably should have hunted down the previous thread on my favorite app of all time, DroidTV Primetime. Watched 3 shows last night; I often watch shows after going to bed on my phone.

The PSA is this--

Although it's a subscription service--and some would say, kinda pricey now ($120 for a lifetime subscription--I paid $49.99 a few years ago before the price hike)--for active duty military, they have a FREE 2-year subscription.

My daughter's boyfriend is active duty army, and in town today. He was talking to me about how they tell them to bring books, Kindle, tablets, etc. in case he is deployed to Afghanistan for months at a time, and I mentioned the DroidTV app, and remembered about the free subscription for active duty military.

If anyone is interested, or knows someone who can use this, let me know, and I'll dig up the old thread on it. I love, love, love the service. Downloads to your phone (or tablet, or other device) so you can watch it anytime without internet (after you download it). There's no buffering sinc eit is already downloaded. And best of all, it is stripped of TV commercials, soyou watch 60 minute shows in 40 minutes.

Has most of the "prime time" normal TV shows--no HBO or Showtime, sadly--and goes back many seasons for some of them. My wife and I enjoyed watching some early, first season and second season episodes of "Criminal Minds," for example, to see how the show has changed over the years.

Anyway, the purpose of this was to advise of the free subscription for military. Hope you know someone who can take advantage. I love that they do that.