PDA

View Full Version : Is Gorilla tape better than Duck tape?

Darrell KSR
12-14-2016, 06:11 AM
The strength of the tape tape isn't the issue, but the stickiness of the adhesive is. Need something where the tape won't start peeling off easily.

bigsky
12-14-2016, 07:01 AM
The strength of the tape tape isn't the issue, but the stickiness of the adhesive is. Need something where the tape won't start peeling off easily. yes

PedroDaGr8
12-14-2016, 07:06 AM
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/58850556.jpg

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

dan_bgblue
12-14-2016, 07:29 AM
http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/duct-tape-car-lift/

suncat05
12-15-2016, 01:45 PM
When I was in the Army we had this wonderful stuff called "hundred mile an hour" tape..........you could fix anything with that stuff and it wouldn't come off until you took it off.
It was duct tape but with woodland camouflage outer covering pattern. Like I said.......wonderful stuff.

KentuckyWildcat
12-15-2016, 06:31 PM
When I was in the Army we had this wonderful stuff called "hundred mile an hour" tape..........you could fix anything with that stuff and it wouldn't come off until you took it off.
It was duct tape but with woodland camouflage outer covering pattern. Like I said.......wonderful stuff.

Our director at Fort Campbell talked about that stuff all of time. He said it was called that b/c it would hold planes together :)

BigBluePappy
12-15-2016, 06:51 PM

Have some of that around a vacuum hose that is nigh on to impossible to change on my Ford Ranger without first removing everything from the tailgate forward to the engine compartment. Been there for two years and it is still going strong.

KeithKSR
12-15-2016, 07:51 PM
Gorilla tape is much better than duct tape.

dan_bgblue
12-15-2016, 07:51 PM
100 mph tape is the 3M version of duct tape, "3M Extra Heavy Duty Duct Tape 6969" and is the original version of the stuff. What passes for duct tape most places today is knock off junk. If you get your hands on the 3M version you will understand what I mean

KentuckyWildcat
12-16-2016, 07:38 PM
Gaff tape is also pretty awesome. It sticks great but comes off easy and doesn't leave a mess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk