PDA

View Full Version : What our nation would get with Gen. Mattis as Defense Secretary

dan_bgblue
12-01-2016, 09:54 PM
Just one man's opinion of the nominee for the job of Secretary of Defense.

I really enjoyed reading this man's thoughts (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/12/01/ralph-peters-what-our-nation-would-get-with-gen-mattis-as-defense-secretary.html)

suncat05
12-02-2016, 12:20 AM
Lt. Col. Ralph Peters knows exactly what he is talking about here. Of course, he has called Obama an ugly name, and did it out loud, on Fox News, no less, and everyone heard him say it. It shouldn't have been said out loud on that venue, that was wrong, although the thought and sentiment were 100% correct and I fully agree with those.

As far as Gen. Mattis, I fully agree that he is the right man for the very tough job of SecDef. I have zero doubts about that. After all, you have to respect a man that tells his troops "Be polite, be professional, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet".

I was in the Army, but I would have loved to have served under this Marine officer. He "gets" what soldiering is all about.

ukblue
12-11-2016, 01:55 AM
A extreme "badass" . Thank god.

Doc
12-11-2016, 07:45 AM
I find it interesting that those opposed suggest that former military personnel make poor Sec due to being hawkish. If anybody knows the horrors of war and why to avoid them, its a combatant. IMO this philosophy is similar to suggesting a CPA would not be good as a treasurer because CPAs pay bills but don't know how to save money.

dan_bgblue
12-11-2016, 09:55 AM
If anybody knows the horrors of war and why to avoid them, its a combatant.

So true