PDA

View Full Version : Ron Glass, Shepherd on Firefly passes away.

PedroDaGr8
11-26-2016, 06:07 PM
I guess that is the final word for any future works on this project. Barring a complete reboot.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/ron-glass-dead-barney-miller-firefly-dies-1201927179/

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Darrell KSR
11-26-2016, 06:55 PM
Loved him on Barney Miller. In a weird coincidence, I watched him last night on the show. Haven't seen it in forever, and flipping channels, came across it and stopped and watched and really enjoyed it.

CitizenBBN
11-26-2016, 08:48 PM
Dont' want to get off on this topic, but they could easily do the series without him as a character, even though I LOVED his character. Couldn't lose the main characters, but if they can find a way to bring back Wash they can fix something around Book.

Also, he was not really an option to come back for some years now. I saw his appearance at a con some years ago and he had gone down hill quite a bit. Any series was going to have to look in a different direction already.

All that being said, sorry to see him go. He was GREAT on Firefly, really good work, really underscoring his skill as an actor that went unrecognized in his Barney Miller days given the format.

Seriously, I thought he was terrific. Everyone was in Firefly, but he brought real depth to his character. A fine actor.