PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Music - when do you start listening to it (by choice?)

Darrell KSR
11-21-2016, 12:33 PM
I'm not talking about overhearing Christmas music piped in through department store speakers--I'm talking when do you voluntarily submit yourself to Christmas music in a "cool, I'm in the mood" type of way?

I stole this poll from WDRB, but thought it was pretty interesting. Vote, and post!

dan_bgblue
11-21-2016, 12:37 PM
I voted "something else" and it is Christmas Eve

Catfan73
11-21-2016, 03:41 PM
We'll play a cd or two once the wife (a teacher) and son are out of school for Christmas break.

BigBluePappy
11-21-2016, 04:55 PM
Whenever cooking for the Christmas meal or wrapping Christmas presents and for that I have go to CD (https://www.amazon.com/Voices-Christmas-Cathedral-Capella/dp/B000008S4P)

Fortunately I have one and did not have to pay that kind of price.

KeithKSR
11-21-2016, 06:51 PM
A few days before Christmas I will listen to some Christmas music. Usually I will let the kids at school listen to some the week before Christmas break as they are working.

blueboss
11-22-2016, 08:45 PM
I'm not talking about overhearing Christmas music piped in through department store speakers--I'm talking when do you voluntarily submit yourself to Christmas music in a "cool, I'm in the mood" type of way?

I stole this poll from WDRB, but thought it was pretty interesting. Vote, and post!

Generally when I receive a 10 lb box of oranges for a Christmas gift. Nothing says "play Christmas music" like oranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigsky
11-22-2016, 09:58 PM
Now. So, Sunday I will make Christmas cookies. Granny Krauss's Honey Spice Snaps. Usually I triple the recipe. I take some to a friend who works at the city and her daughter. Some dozens will go to Eagle Mount, a non profit I'm now on the board of trustees of. They (we) deliver Christmas cookies to donors. I'm not working so the boys will get what usually goes to work.

Maybe I'll start a new thread. This is gonna be a very weird time. I do have five stainless/aluminum artificial trees I brought back from parents' house to set up. Gotta get some color wheels! Then it's Christmas Cocktails' cds. "Sleighride" for example.

But I start listening while I make this Christmas cookie batch. It's usually a bit later, second weekend of December maybe.

KSRBEvans
11-22-2016, 10:15 PM
I can't start listening to it until after Thanksgiving dinner. Then and only then can I do it.

Same with Christmas movies, like Die Hard and Trading Places. :evilgrin0007:

I tried to listen to some Christmas music last weekend, but it was too soon.

Now my son, he starts the day after Labor Day. He loooooooves Christmas music.

UKFlounder
11-23-2016, 08:05 AM
I usually wait as close to,Christmas as possible but a local station is already playing it and yesterday only commercials were in other stations, so I listened to 2 or 3 songs then, though reluctantly so.

Doc
11-23-2016, 10:47 AM
I freaking turned on TV yesterday and BONO was singing something Xmasy with some bald chick that looked like an old Sinead OConnor, and they sounded like cheap hotel lounge singers ala Nick Winters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-t2n_jk1QM

So Yes, I'm the bah humb guy!

kingcat
11-23-2016, 02:07 PM
I have my lights up outside and listened to quite a bit already. Watched Elf and the Santa Clause series a few days ago. When I put up a tree we will watch Christmas vacation and after that...it's totally on!

The most glorious time off the year and the time I celebrate the First Coming of my Lord, Jesus Christ.