PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday (or Thanksgiving Day) Deals, anyone?

Darrell KSR
11-21-2012, 11:39 PM
We usually make a big deal out of it, and probably will do some of it Friday, but probably not like our usual.

Noticed that K-Mart has some Thanksgiving day sales that might get some out at 6 a.m. tomorrow. Saw a 52" RCA TV for $399, a 42" TV for $199, and a 32" TV for $99. Glanced at a GE camera with a 15x optical zoom for $79 I thought was a good deal, and they had some Android tablets for $39, or $49 or something like that. Even a Kenmore washer/dryer combination for $499 total, which I thought was a great deal, and I hope some young couple that needs it will scoop up on that deal for sure.

I *might* be looking for a very inexpensive laptop computer for my 11 year old (probably grab him a tablet instead, maybe with a keyboard option?), but not really sure of any other "lists." I'm sure when we go through the sales papers tomorrow we'll come up with a "must have" set of items, but don't know what it will be at this time.

Darrell KSR
11-22-2012, 07:02 AM
GE camera- check.

Only item this morning.

bigsky
11-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Son went out to get the 199 TV. That was the price of a 13" color TV back in the day, eh? No text so he prolly was unsuccessful.

Darrell KSR
11-22-2012, 01:53 PM
My wife overslept (arrived there at 6:40, they opened at 6), but she still got # 20 of the 20 tickets they gave out for the camera. She was told by the lady in front of her in the checkout line that she had camped out at K-Mart since 4 pm the day before. She got two TVs. At least at the K-Mart she went to, I suspect to get a TV you had to have camped out overnight.

My wife was also going to pick up the $199 TV, too, for almost the same reason you mentioned--price of a 13" tv back in the day, you almost couldn't go wrong picking one up for something. Obviously, she was far too late for that.

jazyd
11-22-2012, 10:35 PM
When I worked for JCP I vowed to never shop the day after Thanksgiving and have kept that vow for 33 years since I left them. I hope I never need anything that badly

ladycat92
11-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Similarly, Jazy, I used to work at Wal-Mart. For that reason, I do not shop on Sunday and I do not shop on the day after Thanksgiving. For some reason, on both days, people are idiots.

ColonelSteve
11-22-2012, 11:58 PM
Im gonna go to the mall sometime tomorrow to see what deals they have on DVDs, those are usually the only TRUE deals they have anymore though the last couple years the sales have kinda sucked...but studies have shown the best prices on TVs are right before Super Bowl Sunday anyway