PDA

View Full Version : I Love Repair Clinic.com thanks to Dan_bgblue!!

blueboss
11-13-2016, 12:00 PM
Way back in February 2014 I posed a question about repairing the belt on my washer. dan_bgblue came to the rescue and posted some info from Repair Clinic.com, I have used them numerous times for repair info including my latest repair need. The element in the bottom of our range caught fire and burned in half this morning. Naturally the Mrs. was pretty animated about the situation mostly freaking about the small fire, but obviously leaving the door closed it just fizzled out.

Anyway, RepairClinic.com had a step by step video on how to replace it. They also offer an option on to click on the replacement part and buy it on line. So rather than calling the repair guy and paying him $100.00 for a service run and then for his time of 75.00/hr two hr minimum and a marked up replacement part, I ordered the part for $16.95 + 9.00 s/h. It should take about five minutes to replace and hopefully there is no other damage and we'll back in business by Tuesday evening.

Thanks again Dan_bgblue !!

dan_bgblue
11-13-2016, 08:26 PM
Way cool. I have always liked repairing stuff myself. Back in the day before the internet, it was a lot tougher to do, but I found some great parts houses for autos, appliances, etc that would help the ignorant when they sold me the part.

I well remember the first major appliance repair I did myself. Replacing a wig wag on an automatic washer is not real easy to do, but with the aforementioned help, I got it done. I am really happy that I was able to help.

Darrell KSR
11-13-2016, 09:50 PM
Dan is the man. Also co-president of the Wenyen Gabriel fan club.

MickintheHam
11-14-2016, 05:34 AM
I just call Darrell with all of my repair questions.

Darrell KSR
11-14-2016, 07:00 AM
My answer is always like Andy Griffith told Aunt Bee, "Call the man!"

blueboss
11-15-2016, 10:15 PM
The replacement part arrived today, ten minutes later... boom! Back in business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk