PDA

View Full Version : My Mother-in-Law passed yesterday

suncat05
11-10-2016, 05:44 PM
I am off to the Philippines to attend my Mother-in-Law's funeral on Tuesday. She passed yesterday in the ER in Olongapo City, with my bride at her side.
They were at home when her vital signs almost bottomed out, so the home health nurse got her to the ER quickly. My wife said that Mommy gained consciousness for a few brief minutes, looked at her as if trying to ask a question. My wife knew what she wanted to say, and told her that if she was tired, it was okay. Mommy passed on then. She was 81 years of age, raised 4 children and had 7 grandchildren, some of whom I have not met yet, and a bunch of great-grandchildren, none of whom I have met yet.
She was a character, in every sense of the word. And I don't know why, but she was crazy about me. I loved her dearly, and my heart is heavy right now as the tears fall freely. I was so fortunate to have her as my Mother-in-Law. She is already sorely missed. And I am sure that God our Heavenly Father has welcomed her into the Kingdom of Heaven with loving arms.
Good bye, Mommy! We all love you!

jazyd
11-10-2016, 05:46 PM
Suncat, I really hate hearing that and your words tell us she was much more than just your mother in law. Have a safe trip, take care of yourself, let the tears flow, enjoy meeting family you haven't met before but watch your back always. You and your entire family will be in my prayers, let us know when you return.

God Bless and God Bless your travels

suncat05
11-10-2016, 05:51 PM
Thank you jazy.
I caught myself tearing up at work today a couple of times just thinking about her. She was one sweet lady!
And I'm still trying to figure out WHY she liked me so much!

suncat05
11-10-2016, 05:54 PM
Geez, I messed up. Could one of our mods please move this to the Front Porch, please? Thanks!

badrose
11-10-2016, 05:55 PM
The passing of a loved one is always hard. Stay safe on your journey and you'll be in our thoughts while you're gone..

Darrell KSR
11-10-2016, 06:08 PM
And I don't know why, but she was crazy about me.

She must have been a very, very special lady, Suncat ;).

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. God bless your wife, your mother-in-law, you, and the family, and may He be with you and your bride during your travels.

PedroDaGr8
11-10-2016, 06:35 PM
I am off to the Philippines to attend my Mother-in-Law's funeral on Tuesday. She passed yesterday in the ER in Olongapo City, with my bride at her side.
They were at home when her vital signs almost bottomed out, so the home health nurse got her to the ER quickly. My wife said that Mommy gained consciousness for a few brief minutes, looked at her as if trying to ask a question. My wife knew what she wanted to say, and told her that if she was tired, it was okay. Mommy passed on then. She was 81 years of age, raised 4 children and had 7 grandchildren, some of whom I have not met yet, and a bunch of great-grandchildren, none of whom I have met yet.
She was a character, in every sense of the word. And I don't know why, but she was crazy about me. I loved her dearly, and my heart is heavy right now as the tears fall freely. I was so fortunate to have her as my Mother-in-Law. She is already sorely missed. And I am sure that God our Heavenly Father has welcomed her into the Kingdom of Heaven with loving arms.
Good bye, Mommy! We all love you!

Sounds like she passed on her terms. May God grant her soul eternal peace. She liked you a lot because of the quality of person that you are, the same person that we all see.

Stay safe on your flight over there, get up and move around.

dan_bgblue
11-10-2016, 06:56 PM
Nothing I can say will remove the grief, but I think it is important that you have terrific memories of her, and they will stay with you for the rest of your life.Take care of yourself on the trip, and I will leave a light on for ya.

BigBluePappy
11-10-2016, 07:35 PM
Brother suncat, take some solace in the fact that you did have time with her on this rock to develop the relationship that you and she so obviously cherished. Like you I had a mother in law that for some inexplicable reason took a shine to me. I hope that you take the same comfort that I do of the promise of that Great Homecoming where we will be separate no more.
In the meantime, Godspeed and safe passage, with many prayers to and for you and yours.

May God Bless

Catfan73
11-10-2016, 08:09 PM
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family Suncat.

truecatsfan
11-10-2016, 08:18 PM
Prayers sent to you and your family. God bless.

KentuckyWildcat
11-11-2016, 07:48 AM
Sorry to hear Sun. You and your family have my prayers.

suncat05
11-11-2016, 08:23 AM
Many heartfelt thanks to all of you for your prayers and condolences. It means the world to me.

KeithKSR
11-11-2016, 03:29 PM
Prayers and condolences for your family, Suncat.

blueboss
11-11-2016, 04:36 PM
God speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MickintheHam
11-12-2016, 10:20 AM
God bless you and your wife, Suncat. Saying good bye is never easy. May she have a peaceful, but happy repose.

kingcat
11-12-2016, 12:58 PM
My condolences.. God bless you folks.

bigsky
11-12-2016, 07:19 PM
I'm sorry. It's hard.

catmanjack
11-13-2016, 01:34 AM
Sun sorry to hear about your lose! Prayers are with you!