PDA

View Full Version : Complaining about election results is not new

UKFlounder
11-10-2016, 10:32 AM
Here is one example from 156 years ago

http://www.civilwarobsession.com/2016/11/commentary-on-election-results-1860.html

dan_bgblue
11-10-2016, 10:53 AM
Nice job Flounder!!

Darrell KSR
11-10-2016, 10:57 AM
Outstanding!

MickintheHam
11-10-2016, 10:59 AM
This is unprecedented. Folks aren't complaining. They are ANGRY. I have an employee who took a sick day yesterday and today is mad as hell. I'm not sure what's happening, but with the demonstrations, the outbursts on social media more will come of this. Expect it!

I will only add, I read last night that secessionists in California have renewed their efforts to form their own country. From my standpoint that will save the people in middle America with the same idea from going to the trouble, expense, and inconvenience of doing it themselves.

Doc
11-10-2016, 11:48 AM
I will only add, I read last night that secessionists in California have renewed their efforts to form their own country. From my standpoint that will save the people in middle America with the same idea from going to the trouble, expense, and inconvenience of doing it themselves.

Just wait for the next big earthquake to take it into the Pacific.

Catonahottinroof
11-10-2016, 11:57 AM
What's funny about this particular set of protesters is they're the first generation that received trophies for participation and they think their participation should result in a trophy now for them. Life doesn't work that way.....nor has it ever.

Doc
11-10-2016, 12:32 PM
What's funny about this particular set of protesters is they're the first generation that received trophies for participation and they think their participation should result in a trophy now for them. Life doesn't work that way.....nor has it ever.

http://www.adweek.com/files/imagecache/node-blog/blogs/kia-participant-hed-2015.png

MickintheHam
11-10-2016, 02:03 PM
Just wait for the next big earthquake to take it into the Pacific.

I am anxious to see the Republic of California's Minister of War and the Armed Forces he assembles from the Masses. I think Coastie may have a shot at Admiral.

DanISSELisdaman
11-10-2016, 06:52 PM
It would be only months before they all starved to death. These people that are protesting are mostly the ones that draw monthly checks from the government, otherwise they would be at work. This may be Trumps plan for making America great again!

CitizenBBN
11-10-2016, 07:29 PM
Key west succeeded, declared a new nation, declared war on the US, surrendered unconditionally and then applied for foreign aid to rebuild all during one Fantasy Fest. :)

Really if you think about it Trump did well in California. He didn't campaign there a bit, and got 40% of the vote and carried a LOT of counties. California is drug around by the nose by San Francisco and LA, which went 80%+ for Hillary. The rest of the state is far more sane, even normal.

The only part of the US that needs to leave is San Francisco bay and ideally LA. Without them California would be far more conservative, even a red lean, and we woulnd't have to put up with the constant whining and narcissism.